• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Reggie had some great games against MJ. Curry is a lot tougher than you're giving him credit for.

Am I doing it right?

I dunno, I get the sense that these players these days don't quite understand what it's like playing against guys like Jordan and Russell; those players just had a brutal mentality to them.

Reggie was pretty fearless; he reminds me of the incredibly annoying kid who used to beat you every time and consistently brag about it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Am I doing it right?

I dunno, I get the sense that these players these days don't quite understand what it's like playing against guys like Jordan and Russell; those players just had a brutal mentality to them.

Reggie was pretty fearless; he reminds me of the incredibly annoying kid who used to beat you every time and consistently brag about it.

Some players would adapt physically and mentally and be fine. Curry practically grew up watching that style most of his life when his Dad was still playing and saw Jordan and company first-hand, so he'd know what to expect. Guys like Westbrook and Wade would also be fine I think. Guys like Dwight Howard, I dunno. Maybe early Dwight would be able to learn and adapt if he was forced to develop a post game and get mentally tougher from having to play that style against competent centers every game...current Dwight, probably not.

Harden...lol.

GlossyPertinentArizonaalligatorlizard.gif

15-0

Kobe shot 6/22? This is just sad.

He should be banned from the All-Star game fuck the voting system.
That will be the ultimate sign for him OK I am done

I think it's somewhat romantic that Golden State will have the chance to break the best start record against the Lakers, who by all accounts suck this year and might have the best shot to stay relevant on the season by playing spoilers.

random25

Maybe the Lakers will try hard for once this season. After all, being a party pooper to GS would be a shining achievement for them with this mess happening right now lol.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Maybe the Lakers will try hard for once this season. After all, being a party pooper to GS would be a shining achievement for them with this mess happening right now lol.

I still remember the days when Kobe would mop the floor with GS. Those were the times.

Cheebo

Banned
Why do Lakers fans here actually want the Lakers to win this season? That does nothing to help the Lakers long-term. At all. The Lakers have 0% chance of making the playoffs. And their draft pick is top 3 protected.

Unless the Lakers get a top 3 pick this year then the season will have been a complete and utter waste. Your goal should be to want to out-tank the 76ers. Otherwise you are fighting for endless mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

fertygo

Why do Lakers fans here actually want the Lakers to win this season? That does nothing to help the Lakers long-term. At all. The Lakers have 0% chance of making the playoffs. And their draft pick is top 3 protected.

Unless the Lakers get a top 3 pick this year then the season will have been a complete and utter waste. Your goal should be to want to out-tank the 76ers. Otherwise you are fighting for endless mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

Its not like their support will made the team better with kobe on track to have worst season recorded by NBA player, might as well

Brandson

I just checked the league standings. The 12th-ranked team in the east (Magic) has the same record as the west's 8th place team (Clippers). Only 4 east teams are below .500. I don't remember the last time so many east teams were winning. Has the west become super top-heavy or is half of the conference just hungover?

Cheebo

Banned
A lot of west teams got worse, did any east teams get worse outside of Brooklyn? I can't think of any. It's near universal improvement for the most part. Atlanta might be a little weaker but not much.

Kobe shot 6/22? This is just sad.

He should be banned from the All-Star game fuck the voting system.
That will be the ultimate sign for him OK I am done

I worry for the rookies on that team. It's like Russell is the lakers version of jimmy butler, stuck behind a former star and veterans (friends?) for minutes despite his all star potential.

on the all star note, let's all ensure Andrew Wiggins makes it so he can get a feel for what it would be like to be king of the north. Raptors 2018. Pass the baton from a near retired Lowry to Wiggins.

Wow. Danny Green has made 18 of 61 3-pointers, shooting 29.5% for the season... I almost wish they had paid Beli or Joseph what they wanted.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Going to be a good one! Porzingis is putting up almost identical numbers as Anthony Davis during his rookie season, to think they boo'd the kid on draft night!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves with the AD comparisons :) But the Knicks sitting at 8-6 so far is the biggest surprise of the year so far.

Kobe's season, though, has to go on record as the worst final season by a HoF player ever. Jordan averaged 20 a game on 45% shooting his final season, and he was 40.

Gigglepoo

Lebron said:
I think it comes with a lot of health. They've been healthy. They've been the most healthy team I've ever seen in NBA history and they have great talent

Although this is true, no one points out that the Cavs rolled the dice with injury-prone players. Last year wasn't an aberration. Kyrie, Love, and Varejao have been injured throughout their careers. Yes, the Warriors have gotten lucky of late, but there's nothing unlucky about the Cavs situation.

PBY

Banned
Am I doing it right?

You're building up the past with these intangibles that are essentially meaningless. Go back and watch old NBA games. Its not that great; the quality of play today is so much higher.

Two Words

Did the older eras of NBA basketball have all of this flopping? I gotta say, that stuff is terrible and I have to imagine older players shake their heads at it.

Fjordson

You're building up the past with these intangibles that are essentially meaningless. Go back and watch old NBA games. Its not that great; the quality of play today is so much higher.
Yup. And defenses are a lot more complex these days, with faster and longer defenders able to cover way more ground than was the norm back in the day. People act like it was way, way tougher to score in the past, but I'm not sure that's the case.

Old basketball fans kinda remind me of dusty hip-hop fans. Lots of romanticizing the "golden era".

I wonder how Curry would do if he were guarded by Michael Jordan. Dude would be crawling in the fetal position; there is no emphasizing how demoralizing and cruel Jordan was.

Curry would be fine. Shooting is the ultimate equalizer. His range just creates so much room for everybody else to operate. Also, even if Jordan was his check, coaches would at least scheme to switch.

Yup. And defenses are a lot more complex these days, with faster and longer defenders able to cover way more ground than was the norm back in the day. People act like it was way, way tougher to score in the past, but I'm not sure that's the case.

Old basketball fans kinda remind me of dusty hip-hop fans. Lots of romanticizing the "golden era".

Not being able to hand check an offensive player or completely body him has helped the game immensely. As a fan of 90's basketball, even I cringe when I see the old highlights of players just getting absolutely leveled driving into the lane. It was definitely tougher to score in the past but only because the rules gave a bigger advantage to defenders. Think about the stuff that players could do back in the day. Pushing ball handlers away from their intended path using their hands alone. Jamming or completely bumping cutters and cheap shotting them if they cut into the paint.

I am seriously starting to wonder if Harden is intentionally playing this way. That play against the Knicks, the one where he literally jumps up and throws himself on top of the guy and literally blows a game we could have won, is still haunting me. I understand selling a foul. I understand trying to draw contact. All of those things have at least some logic behind them. I've watched the play several times, and I cannot in any way understand what the fuck he was trying to do if not intentionally fuck up the game.

Gigglepoo

I am seriously starting to wonder if Harden is intentionally playing this way. That play against the Knicks, the one where he literally jumps up and throws himself on top of the guy and literally blows a game we could have won, is still haunting me. I understand selling a foul. I understand trying to draw contact. All of those things have at least some logic behind them. I've watched the play several times, and I cannot in any way understand what the fuck he was trying to do if not intentionally fuck up the game.

It made sense for him to dog it if he wanted McHale to be fired. But now? I think he's just fat and lazy.

phanphare

Banned

cocaine's a hell of a drug

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
The second 3peat Bulls would actually play small ball in crunch time just like the warriors.

Harper or Kerr, Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc and Rodman.

It all depends by which rules we playing by?

90's Rules bulls win, current rules Warriors would give them a real hard time.

Curry would have a hard time being guarded by Harper, Jordan or Pippen. On the other end Jordan would punish anyone the Warriors throw at him. Rodman and Green would be blood bath lol.

Top Bottom