• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Fjordson

He looks good, but after all the hype I have yet to see him make anything outside of a dunk or layup in the game and a half that I've watched.

Yeah, agreed. At least based on what I've seen so far. His shooting mechanics are a little frightening.

Most guys coming out of college don't have a jumper yet. Most scouts look at athleticism, ball handling (if they're a guard), effectiveness at driving and laying up/dunking. Last year for instance, Wiggins jumper was whack but he's improving with NBA coaching/shot doctors. Sure even Blake Griffin couldn't hit a jumper for years and now his mid range game is very consistent.

Are we sure Ben Simmons will be the #1 pick? His jumper looks broken.

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider now6 minutes ago
For the record, the Celtics scout was joking. Every team I've spoken with has Simmons No. 1. For most, there isn't a close 2nd...

Unless you the Lakers and you pass on him.

Fjordson

Most guys coming out of college don't have a jumper yet. Most scouts look at athleticism, ball handling (if they're a guard), effectiveness at driving and laying up/dunking. Last year for instance, Wiggins jumper was whack but he's improving with NBA coaching/shot doctors. Sure even Blake Griffin couldn't hit a jumper for years and now his mid range game is very consistent.
Wiggins' jumper was way way better than what I've seen from Simmons. This shit is ugly.

Blake's a pretty good example though. His mechanics are still kinda weird, but he's making it now.

Piecake

The difference between Wiggins and Simmons is that Wiggins' shooting form was very good and he did take and make outside shots. Simmons form is awful and has he even made an outside shot yet?

One you can project that he will become a better shooter. The other? Well, that is more difficult. As a wolves fan who has watched Rubio for a long while, I am always hesitant about anyone claiming that someone can improve a broke jumper into something that is effective.

phanphare

Banned
Pretty good comeback by the Hornets. Down 22 late in the third, won in OT.

Frank looked pretty good too. he's looked a lot better these past couple of games. not as afraid of getting in the paint.

awful 3rd quarter though. glad they've got this kind of a comeback in them but you can't play like that for that long and expect anything good to happen. Kemba willed that shit back.

tm24

Just got off work and saw that the thunder were killing the Jazz and wondered to myself if KD was back. Very much so

I will be rooting for the Lakers. Pull up the upset. Byron Scott firing talk will end.
Imagine if they win. Kobe should retire then and there.

04.jpg

In 56 min thus far, the Warriors small ball lineup has scored 200 points while allowing only 119. That's ridiculous.

So at tonight's game, the Warriors are honoring Jason Richardson. Tim Kawakami did a quick podcast with him recently.

There’s a reason why Richardson is one of the most popular Warriors of all-time: He played so hard, he cared so much, he was always so authentic, and he connected so thoroughly with the Warriors fan base.

And when you hear him talk about the Warriors trading him in 2007–months after the “We Believe” season–you hear exactly how sharply and bitterly his heart was broken by the move.

Always hated that trade but without it happening, we probably wouldn't have drafted Curry nor would Cohan had sold the team.

The second 3peat Bulls would actually play small ball in crunch time just like the warriors.

Harper or Kerr, Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc and Rodman.

It all depends by which rules we playing by?

90's Rules bulls win, current rules Warriors would give them a real hard time.

Curry would have a hard time being guarded by Harper, Jordan or Pippen. On the other end Jordan would punish anyone the Warriors throw at him. Rodman and Green would be blood bath lol.

Me and my coworker discussed about this and it pretty much came down to who can check MJ. 90's rules = MJ would torch the other guy.. Current rules = forget it. He might drop 60 every game on 50% shooting getting the other guy in foul trouble.. MJ gon be slashing and flying all over that interior D of a small Dubs line up. I think Scottie will check Curry, MJ gets Klay. Rodman will be a beast on boards still Look at what TT did. How will Steph perform vs Bulls wings?? Idk.. Those are some long armed dudes that he will be going up against. This is not Delly SHumpert or Smith. I guess this question will be answered if Spurs goes up against Dubs in the playoffs and Pop puts Kawhaii on Curry and told him to pick curry up the moment he crosses the FT line of the back court :mjlol. because that is what those Bulls dudes will do to him.

We both agreed on 7 game series GS might take 1 , 2 at most.. because MJ and Pippen.. The team that I saw play that I give a great chance of beating the 3peat bulls was the 3 peat Lakers.

random25

That was some nasty 3pt parade. PG and Miles combined for 15/17 from downtown. Need to watch the replay later.

Paul George has really come back.

Jesus, the warriors are insane. Too much depth.

They just keep coming and do it efficiently and effectively no matter who is on the court. It's crazy. It really makes me think historically they will go down very favorably when compared to teams of the past. Teams in the past weren't built the way these Warriors are now, in terms of depth and efficiency. You used to be able to have 1 or 2 stars, 1 or 2 solid role players and then surround them with journeyman and get a championship stew going. I think the Warriors advantages would allow them to run a lot of other "greatest" teams off the court if we were having that hypothetical. I really think we're gonna look back at the Warriors/Spurs (and Mavs) as sort of ushering in this new era for the league.

Top Bottom