• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Fjordson

Houston loses at home again. Watched the second half on NBA TV and damn is their offense trash.

Also, the local broadcast for Houston is terrible. All three guys are obnoxious homers to the extreme.

Resilient

for fucks sake Leonard. man, this Mavs team has a way to go. just need hope..and just really need chandler parsons to play unrestricted :(

Why are we just barely beating the Sixers?

Because this team just isn't that great. There is some talent there and I had some hopes before the season, but the only reason why the C's are in a position of any relevance is because Brad Stevens is a Top 5 coach in the league.

Man, Leonard is playing on another level this year. Even in my optimism I never expected him to play this well or make clutch shots like he has. Just needs to learn to hit his FTs a little better.

Anybody else feel this season has been disappointing so far? It seems so many teams are just not playing up to the hype, and the Warriors are just rolling over everyone. It's so boring.

Anybody else feel this season has been disappointing so far? It seems so many teams are just not playing up to the hype, and the Warriors are just rolling over everyone. It's so boring.

Not really. Who's your team? The landscape has shifted a bit so fanbases of certain teams, like the Timberwolves, Heat, and Mavericks are excited again, and fanbases normally optimistic like the Rockets are feeling down.

Cheebo

Banned
You are watching too many Lakers games if this is how you see it. You are going to be alone on this one. National tv ratings are up this year for a reason, this has been a great year so far.

I mean not playing up to the hype? Nearly every team in the east is better than last year except for Nets and the 76ers.

This season is the complete opposite of boring. The Warriors this year are beyond exciting to watch for one. I mean who isn't entertained by the Warriors this year? They are just damn fun to watch.

And the East is fantastic this year. So many great young east teams. Unlike the West a ton of East teams have shown a lot of improvement. From Charlotte, Orlando, Detroit, Miami, Toronto, Knicks....so much all around better East talent compared to last year with entertaining players.

This crop of rookies is fantastic so far to watch too. Porzingis and Towns are already great basketball entertainment with the likes of Mudiay, Johnson, Winslow, and Okafor showing promise.

Not to mention all the other great things to watch out there. The return of KD playing great ball, Dirk playing like a mad man even in his late 30s...so many great stories already this year.

This has been the most entertaining start of a NBA season in a number of years, no question.

overcast

Boy the rockets really need to turn this shit around as a team. Miserable to watch. Need a new coach desperately. Ty Lawson no doubt the single biggest disappointing player I've seen on this team in years. Useless.

Harden had a terrific game tonight, literally nobody else showed up. Luckily the 8th and 7th seeds aren't far out of reach, but nothing encouraging to see here.

jwhit28

I don't know what to make of the Hornets. It's like they want to be a run and gun team, but their shot doesn't work a lot of the time. Then they either play defense like the life sucking team from last year, the Jeremys save them, or they lose.

phanphare

Banned
I feel like this could come in handy in the future lol

MQPsn8h.gif

I don't know what to make of the Hornets. It's like they want to be a run and gun team, but their shot doesn't work a lot of the time. Then they either play defense like the life sucking team from last year, the Jeremys save them, or they lose.

with 7 new players I expected them to take a bit to fully mesh. right now they look really good in spurts. I think the consistency will come. hornets have a really good group of guys this season and a lot of talent.

Fjordson

Cavs are so dramatic lol. Players only meeting after they lose in November? They aren't even at full strength and it's not like it was the Sixers. Weird.

lmao Bron standing there motionless like he's on a PS1 NBA live create a player screen.

Nto really disappointing, but Dubs looking like light years ahead of all other teams is killing the excitement. The rookies are making me pay more attention to some of the teams i don't care about.

Cheebo

Banned
This rookie class this year has been really entertaining to watch. One of the best draft class in years. The only two of the top 10 picks that really haven't been that impressive to me so far are Russell and Cauley-Stein.

Cavs are so dramatic lol. Players only meeting after they lose in November? They aren't even at full strength and it's not like it was the Sixers. Weird.

The best part about it was this Lebron gem:

“It’s all mindset,” James said after the game, still visibly frustrated. “It comes from within. I’ve always had it; my upbringing had me like that. It’s either you got it or you don’t.”

So insecure.

I think part of it is LeBron looking over at the other conference and seeing the Warriors undefeated and looking as he put it "more hungry than us". The guy is nothing short of a perfectionist.

Probably frustrated JR & Love were slacking on D, and Mo kept losing his man.

the only positives are that JR & Mo are bench players, but Love? dude can fall asleep at the wheel on D.

Kevin Love is one of the worst defenders in the league, probably "bested" at that art only by James Harden. Lebron should be frustrated with the GM.

jbug617

Banned
http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/26/jahlil-okafor-street-fight-kos-man-in-boston-video/
Okafor -- the #3 pick in the 2015 draft -- punched a guy in the face HARD outside of a Boston bar last night ... and TMZ Sports has the insane footage.

It all went down after Okafor and the 76ers lost to the Boston Celtics -- Jahlil and some friends went out on the town ... and ended up in an altercation in front of Storyville Boston nightclub.

19-year-old Okafor was screaming at the other man, "We got money you broke ass n**ga."

A scuffle ensues -- people tried to hold Okafor back -- but then he escapes and swings wildly at another man ... connecting ... and sending him flying to the ground.

In the melee, Okafor tumbles to the ground and a man in a green jacket tries to punch the 6'11" superstar in the back of the head.

We're told everyone got up and fled the scene and no arrests were made.

We're told the altercation began because one of the men in the other group yelled at Jahlil, "The 76ers suck."

We spoke with a rep for Jahlil who tells us ... Okafor says he was being heckled from the moment he left the club and felt threatened because people swarmed him on the street.

He says he was with a teammate -- who he wouldn't name -- and says someone got physical with the teammate ... so Jahlil did what he felt he needed to do to protect himself and his friend.

They immediately left after the incident.

Top Bottom