• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

iamblades

Change the draft lottery rules. All non-playoff teams get equal odds at pick order.

Changing the viability of tanking only works on one side of the problem though, teams will still tank to get draft picks if they can't attract talent in FA, it will just take even longer to crawl out of that hole once you are in it.

The max salary rules and bird rights need to be completely tossed. All the advantages built into the CBA for teams to keep their franchise player are what makes it impossible for a team without a franchise player to ever even hope to attract one in free agency.

You know how some people lately have been talking about us having to relish the Warriors because we are witnessing greatness? Since you know we could talk about it like we talk about Jordan and shit? I think we're also at that point with the Sixers. It's a trainwreck, I know at some point there was a process and that it should be trusted, but to suck this bad for this long? With the same GM?

This isn't a team decimated by injuries or that made some bad choices and shit. This is a team that got progressively worse for a reason for many years and still find themselves absolutely lost. This is also great. A great fucking reminder of how not to compete at sports.

Jonm1010

Banned
If Chris Paul was on fire I would throw gasoline on him. Not lying.

Biggest bitch in the NBA. I hope perkins is healthy next game and fucks his shit up. Like slams his head against the ground and kicks him in the balls for every time he has cheap shoted players.

At what point do you give up on the 76ers? That kind of tank is downright embarassing.

You guys don't understand how rough being a fan of this team is. The Sixers have always been my favorite pro sports team and seeing them like this is downright depressing and soul crushing. And then seeing people in national media and online like you guys talk about them is the embarrassing part.

If Chris Paul was on fire I would throw gasoline on him. Not lying.

Biggest bitch in the NBA. I hope perkins is healthy next game and fucks his shit up. Like slams his head against the ground and kicks him in the balls for every time he has cheap shoted players.

It's a shame because he's so talented.

I don't like the way LeBron plays(clunky, doesn't take advantage of mismatchs, on-court douchery) but I love the way Chris Paul plays when he's actually shooting.

Too bad he's a shithead.

Jarate

Banned
You know how some people lately have been talking about us having to relish the Warriors because we are witnessing greatness? Since you know we could talk about it like we talk about Jordan and shit? I think we're also at that point with the Sixers. It's a trainwreck, I know at some point there was a process and that it should be trusted, but to suck this bad for this long? With the same GM?

This isn't a team decimated by injuries or that made some bad choices and shit. This is a team that got progressively worse for a reason for many years and still find themselves absolutely lost. This is also great. A great fucking reminder of how not to compete at sports.

Injuries - 2 best pgs injured, Stauskas has been injured throughout the year, and Covington was injured. Weve been playing 9 players for a good portion of the season

They haven't gotten worse, they started just as bad as last year

We've been tanking for 2 years and 17 games

And yet, we are a great reminder of how not too compete, even though we have the youngest roster ever and should've won the past 4 games (all leads in the 4th quarter)

They went from a team with Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, Andrew Bynums exploding knees and Jason Richardson with a missing pick and now have Nerlens, Okafor, Covington and 700 1st rounders with Dario Saric and possibly Embiid coming too. Most losses can be attributed to not having an NBA pg, which will be solved when Marshall and Wroten come back

fertygo

I mean its saying a lot if your big guy injured from little guy bump like that, like Greg Oden "retire" from ball after Aaron Brooks bump him.

Jonm1010

Banned
I mean you want to defend this class act mother fucker?

cpflopdesmc.gif

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vHAKjwzepds

Jonm1010

Banned
I mean its saying a lot if your big guy injured from little guy bump like that, like Greg Oden "retire" from ball after Aaron Brooks bump him.
The only thing it says is that cp3 is a fucking piece of shit. There are rules for a reason. I don't give a fuck if you are shaq. You hit a guy off guard and cause his knee to bend incorrectly or lock up while he is putting forward pressure trying to play with pace and you can create irreparable damage. Thankfully it looks like AD will be alright but it's no excuse.

It's the equivalent of rationalizing Bruce Bowen for sliding his foot under jump shooters by saying they should be tougher.

Fjordson

That CP 3 play is so lame. He tried something similar on Barnes last week, stopped short suddenly when Barnes was behind him and almost took his legs out. He's the worst.

Like was he trying to injure AD? No, but that's not even basketball play imo. Just more silly referee manipulation that Clippers love so much.

Shit, only caught the earlier parts of the game, saw People Under The Stairs tonight. At least the streak is alive, hopefully Barnes is back in a week or two.
X-rays were negative and it sounds like it was just a really bad tweak, so that's good news.

Injuries - 2 best pgs injured, Stauskas has been injured throughout the year, and Covington was injured. Weve been playing 9 players for a good portion of the season

They haven't gotten worse, they started just as bad as last year

We've been tanking for 2 years and 17 games

And yet, we are a great reminder of how not too compete, even though we have the youngest roster ever and should've won the past 4 games (all leads in the 4th quarter)

They went from a team with Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, Andrew Bynums exploding knees and Jason Richardson with a missing pick and now have Nerlens, Okafor, Covington and 700 1st rounders with Dario Saric and possibly Embiid coming too. Most losses can be attributed to not having an NBA pg, which will be solved when Marshall and Wroten come back

These best two PG absolutely suck, and so does Stauskas. Covington and Wrotten are volume shooters. I'm not sure what to tell you if you think the Sixers PG problems can be solved by Kendall Marshall.

Plus, the team isn't tanking. The Lakers are tanking. Denver is tanking. The Sixers, not as much the players but the GM, are willfully forfeiting the opportunity to compete on a nightly basis and they have been for 2 years and soon to be 3. Tanking is what happens when you're bad and hopeless, the Sixers by all accounts made efforts to be even worse than that. All that for what? That roster you mentioned? THAT makes it worth it?

I just think it's bad for the league.

AcridMeat

Banned
That CP 3 play is so lame. He tried something similar on Barnes last week, stopped short suddenly when Barnes was behind him and almost took his legs out. He's the worst.

Like was he trying to injure AD? No, but that's not even basketball play imo. Just more silly referee manipulation that Clippers love so much.

X-rays were negative and it sounds like it was just a really bad tweak, so that's good news.
Chris Paul has made a career out of that. If he played the game straight and wasn't bitch-made he would be a fantastic point guard. I wish the league would look at plays like that and come down hard on them.

That's good news with Barnes, but still he'll probably need a week.

AcridMeat

Banned
You know, that video with Paul and Collison, along with Doc Rivers' reaction, is exactly why I hate the Clippers. Have ever since Paul moved there.

Someone asked earlier in the thread why you hate the Clippers...there's so much evidence out there.

Top Bottom