• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

They should probably be doubling Afflalo if Harden is going to guard him.

Dwight with the clutch screen. Ariza with the clutch three. That was awesome.

Jesus christ the stats for the Lakers...

I've never sat through this much pain as a fan before. Embrace the Lakers in full now...this is what we are.

Feels good to finally know what it's like to be in the cellar, I'll tell ya that.

Rockets win!
F*ck da Knicks
F*ck Derek Fisher
F*ck Porzingus
F*ck Phil Jackson
F*ck Spike Lee
F*ck da Knicks
F*ck Chloe Kardashian
F*ck the Rockets too for playing like shit this season

...I feel better now

Not a Kobe fan but I will miss seeing him. That poem he wrote gives me feels. But yea it's time him for him to hang them up. Dude will go down as one of the all time greats. Gonna be real sad when Duncan hangs them up. Been a huge fan of his since his rookie year.

We need a fucking point guard

Horrible collapse but this unit overachieved. Fuck the rockets for playing like shit and giving the knicks hope

Fisher is also incompetent

Jopie

Have been a Kobe fan for 20 years, and it is sad that his career is winding down. But for the love of everything can someone please get him to stop shooting. It is really sad that he cannot, or refuses to, adapt to his current skill set.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Have been a Kobe fan for 20 years, and it is sad that his career is winding down. But for the love of everything can someone please get him to stop shooting. It is really sad that he cannot, or refuses to, adapt to his current skill set.

His skill set is pump faking and he's doing it like a master this season. Kobe should be praised for going all in as tank commander.

Piecake

Scott saying he's gonna stick to same plan as far as playing Kobe. Meaning how much will he be playing Tuesday at home(Philly)?

Maybe Kobe should retire after the 76ers game, since I would imagine it is going to be plenty embarrassing losing to the worst team of all time.

I know its still November, but early indications seem to point to the Eastern conference closing the gap with the West.
It's all so sudden considering how ridiculous the west was last year. Portland, the Rockets, New Orleans, and the clippers all declined so far. And the Mavs and grizzlies went from being good last year to just being okay so far this year. There seems to be only two teams that are 'great' in the west right now (spurs and warriors) while in the east, the cavs pacers heat and bulls are off to great starts.

Maybe the west is just getting off to a slow start

Tom Penny

Paul George is playing out of his mind. 29/8/5 and 50% from 3 in November while generally checking the other teams best offense players.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Maybe Kobe should retire after the 76ers game, since I would imagine it is going to be plenty embarrassing losing to the worst team of all time.

not really. now that kobe's made it official. everyone knows the team is in tank mode. out tanking the worst team is a win. lakers keeping that lottery pick will help them get back into contention much sooner.

Kobe is definitely making the right call. Only other way for his career to last longer would be for him to play off the bench, and I don't think he wants that.

I'm expecting that there will be a campaign to get him as a Starter in the All-Star Game just like twhen MJ retired.

Now that the Lakers are going to have about a billion dollars next year what superstars are going to pass on signing with them?
Kevin Durant

I doubt it. That type of move would be a downgrade for Durant. I know the Lakers will definitely pursue him but I get the feeling more likely candidates to actually sign with them would be Rajon Rondo and either Drummond or Whiteside.

I remember Kobe stans telling me his game would age far better than LeBron's due to LeBron just being a physical battering ram who would disappear the minute he lost that edge. Now Kobe can't buy a basket.

Hate to see good players go down like this though. He was always overrated but you can't question his dedication to the game. RIP.

Fjordson

I remember Kobe stans telling me his game would age far better than LeBron's due to LeBron just being a physical battering ram who would disappear the minute he lost that edge. Now Kobe can't buy a basket.

Hate to see good players go down like this though. He was always overrated but you can't question his dedication to the game. RIP.
He was doing alright through 2013. 27 ppg, 23 PER. But it's been a swift downfall ever since he tore his achilles.

Not that I necessarily agree, but how does this disprove anything? Shouldn't we wait and see how LeBron is playing in his 20th season?

When does Byron get fired?

this whole things was to divert attention way from him, and for the not sold out games to sell out. It was all calculated. A way to sell out games that no one wants to go to. Who the hell would keep paying crazy prices to see one of the worst teams in the history of the NBA.

I bet you they asked Bryant to announce it yesterday. I'm honestly disgusted by the Lakers, and how stupid they think the fans are. My first B ball memory was Lakers Vs. Celtics in 1985, been watching since. Ive never been more disgusted with a franchise. Every decision they have made in the last 5 years has been the wrong decision.

I mean... I think Kobe's game could age gracefully; his usage rate is just out of wack compared to his skill set.

I get that, I'm just saying how does Kobe falling apart in his 20th season (well really 18th is when the injuries and age started to kick in) show that he aged worse than LeBron, who is only in his 13th season? Let's see how Bron is playing in 5 years. Not that it wouldn't surprise me if LeBron was some how still effective, but what we are seeing now doesn't prove anything.

phanphare

Banned

breh, you just jinxed Lebron

Fjordson

I get that, I'm just saying how does Kobe falling apart in his 20th season (well really 18th is when the injuries and age started to kick in) show that he aged worse than LeBron, who is only in his 13th season? Let's see how Bron is playing in 5 years. Not that it wouldn't surprise me if LeBron was some how still effective, but what we are seeing now doesn't prove anything.
Yeah, Kobe was aging gracefully until the achilles tear. And he was further along in his career than Lebron.

Kobe's 13th year (where Lebron is atm) = 26 ppg, 5 boards, 4 assists, 24 PER and a title. He was still plenty effective.

It'll be interesting to see how Lebron adjusts as his athleticism fades. His jumper hasn't been that hot since leaving Miami and this year he's basically having his worst season ever shooting outside of 15 feet.

Yeah, while I don't care about the Warriors...I'm officially a Curry fan. Dude is seriously something special....and his game....just my favorite. The fucking sharpshooter.

Fjordson

Yeah, while I don't care about the Warriors...I'm officially a Curry fan. Dude is seriously something special....and his game....just my favorite. The fucking sharpshooter.
Looking at these stats is reminding me of how good Curry has become.

28 PER last year with a TS% of 63.8. Good gawd. And this year he's at 34 PER with a TS% of 69.1.

When does Byron get fired?

this whole things was to divert attention way from him, and for the not sold out games to sell out. It was all calculated. A way to sell out games that no one wants to go to. Who the hell would keep paying crazy prices to see one of the worst teams in the history of the NBA.

I bet you they asked Bryant to announce it yesterday. I'm honestly disgusted by the Lakers, and how stupid they think the fans are. My first B ball memory was Lakers Vs. Celtics in 1985, been watching since. Ive never been more disgusted with a franchise. Every decision they have made in the last 5 years has been the wrong decision.

Byron is going to get the benefit of doubt for at least one more season. Kobe's been a blackhole on the franchise for these past two seasons so he's the easy target to pass off the team's downfalls on.

Depending on if the Lakers can get the Top 3 pick in next year's draft, and who they sign in free agency, I think next season will be Byron's "Do or Die."

Top Bottom