• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Yeah, Kobe was aging gracefully until the achilles tear. And he was further along in his career than Lebron.

Kobe's 13th year (where Lebron is atm) = 26 ppg, 5 boards, 4 assists, 24 PER and a title. He was still plenty effective.

It'll be interesting to see how Lebron adjusts as his athleticism fades. His jumper hasn't been that hot since leaving Miami and this year he's basically having his worst season ever shooting outside of 15 feet.

I'd imagine Lebron would start operating out of the post more or at least closer to the basket.

I have no real thoughts one way or another in regards to Kobe's retirement. I never liked Kobe as a player but he obviously is one of the greatest in his era (and will probably be in the top 10 of all time). I did however, enjoy opinionated old Mamba. I do have to ask though...has there ever been a more polarizing NBA hall of famer as Kobe Bryant has been? I mean you either love him or hate him and there's very little in between about him.

FreeDarkoblad4.jpg

The Macrophenomenal Pro Basketball Almanac: Styles, Stats, and Stars in Today's Game

That figure on the left pretty much sums up Kobe's public perception.

Finally got around to watching the NBA TV's 84' draft documentary they did over a year ago. Some great stories with 5 Hall of Famers from one draft and even the guys who made an impression elsewhere in Basketball who got drafted in the lower rounds. One thing it did make me realize is the insanity of 10 rounds of drafts back then. For even the Teams that must have been tedious as hell.

fertygo

Yeah, Kobe was aging gracefully until the achilles tear. And he was further along in his career than Lebron.

Kobe's 13th year (where Lebron is atm) = 26 ppg, 5 boards, 4 assists, 24 PER and a title. He was still plenty effective.

It'll be interesting to see how Lebron adjusts as his athleticism fades. His jumper hasn't been that hot since leaving Miami and this year he's basically having his worst season ever shooting outside of 15 feet.

Lebron is hella smart dude and have fantastic feel of game tho, unlike other peep I actually think bron will age gracefully. You can be efficient with your shot if your shot selection is very good, despite your skill level actually not very high like bron..

Fjordson

Lebron is hella smart dude and have fantastic feel of game tho, unlike other peep I actually think bron will age gracefully. You can be efficient with your shot if your shot selection is very good, despite your skill level actually not very high like bron..
I don't necessarily disagree that he'll figure it out somehow, just noticing that his jumper has been getting worse to the point where it's pretty awful right now.

I'm not sure it's his skill level that's low. His jumper is just off. I think Lebron will probably start operating more out of the post the older he gets.

fertygo

I'm not sure it's his skill level that's low. His jumper is just off. I think Lebron will probably start operating more out of the post the older he gets.

Shooting skill level obviously, Bron is very skilled.. he don't drop his dribble as much as Durant for example, and his playmaking is no need to be argued.

AcridMeat

Banned
A guy with an insane work ethic and drive to be the best, spent his career trying to emulate the best in the game. It's really not that big of a shock to me.

The celebrations come from idolization.

spyder_ur

I wish Justise Winslow was on the Celtics.

I didn't know his dad was on Phi Slamma Jamma. Seems like something that would have gotten hammered into my skull during the tourney last year.

I cringe every time Evan Turner takes a jumper. I just don't like his game - only guy on the team I'd really say that about.

Messi

Rockets playing so bad I'm gonna talk about how much I like how Capella is doing again tonight, ok with you guys?

Fjordson

Wow, Rudy Gobert is an incredible presence physically. I don't see the Jazz play much so I guess I kinda forgot. He's so active and is tipping rebounds to his team that you would think he'd have no chance at. Dat wingspan.

edit: just saw this on twitter. Is Harden sick or something? Yeah he's always been bad at defense, but the clips that I keep seeing this year are on a whole new level of bad http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ssing-gaffe-watches-aron-baynes-putback-layup

Messi

Wow, Rudy Gobert is an incredible presence physically. I don't see the Jazz play much so I guess I kinda forgot. He's so active and is tipping rebounds to his team that you would think he'd have no chance at. Dat wingspan.

edit: just saw this on twitter. Is Harden sick or something? Yeah he's always been bad at defense, but the clips that I keep seeing this year are on a whole new level of bad http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ssing-gaffe-watches-aron-baynes-putback-layup

Nah he is just lazy

spyder_ur

Lol scoring in the paint at will, yet they decide to stop and shoot bad 3 pointers early in the shot clock.

Edit: Lol at that no call

I'm assuming you mean the lack of a tech on Wade for screaming at the official for 3 minutes? Nothing compared to that last one on Amir- Wade was doing his usual spin and try to draw contract, looked like he just missed the layup but we didn't get a replay up here.

Woo - Turner just toasting Wade, just after I was talking bad on him earlier he's played a really nice game.

I honestly never thought that Bradley would reach this level of offensive play. What a bargain that contract is looking like and what a fun player to watch grow.

I'm assuming you mean the lack of a tech on Wade for screaming at the official for 3 minutes? Nothing compared to that last one on Amir- Wade was doing his usual spin and try to draw contract.

Lol Wade was clearly fouled on that reverse attempt. Doesn't matter Boston played a better game tonight anyway.

spyder_ur

Lol Wade was clearly fouled on that reverse attempt. Doesn't matter Boston played a better game tonight anyway.

I was just playing - we didn't get a replay up here.

Celts played really well tonight - this streak of winning on 2nd nights of road back-to-backs kind of defies logic - usually those are schedule losses.

Ack. Really wish the Spurs wouldn't keep losing these close games on the road. Still the first half of the season, but they need to get more consistency out of the offense. Still, at least OKC lost, so their claim to the #2 seed didn't take any hits.

AcridMeat

Banned
In his defense he got a bad pass. I've been pleasantly surprised at how he's grown from stone hands. I was telling a friend he's got sandbag hands now.

Top Bottom