• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

scoobs

This is for college but am I the only one thinking there is major overreaction to the Grayson Allen tripping situation? I mean it's not like he is kicking players in the nuts. Seriously suspend the guy for a game send the message and let him know that is a final warning.

There is a college bball thread, but the big deal here is that he's been doing this for 2 years now. He literally tripped like 7 dudes last year.

You know how mad people are at Draymond for kicking people and we're not 100% sure hes doing it on purpose? (he probably is, but lets just say we aren't sure cuz he keeps saying he doesn't mean to do it) Well this dude is intentionally doing it over and over, he's a piece of shit to the nth degree.

Servbot24

Banned
The literal temper tantrums he's throwing on the sidelines are even worse than the trips imo. Looks like a 4 year old in a 20 year old's body.

TTG

the spurs could have played better in the first half :/

I thought so too. I was watching them last year and it was a lot of iso from their 2 stars, but Pop is Pop so I just assumed he was going to make that work and they won a ton of games. Then they get outclassed by the Thunder, and to be clear they were going to lose regardless of their style of play, but damn did they look outclassed.

I think they need the Aldridge that send the Rockets packing way back when and a Kawhi that Popovich is always promising on the offensive end to get past even the Rockets.

TTG

Based on last night's game, and the article where he criticizes the whining on the team,
Mo Speights has been a great addition for this Clippers team. Austin Rivers, despite being half of why their bench sucked in the past, is now a pretty good role player for the Clippers, running the offense for the 2nd unit.

Their defense is awful, all 3 of them(throwing Crawford in that mix). Any one of them on the court with starters will get targeted and abused, 2 or more is a disaster.

If Blake is healthy and playing well in the playoffs that's their only weakness. Golden State can blow them out of the water even if they were all serviceable anyway, but this will make it easier for them and others potentially. The best you can hope for is they give as good as they're getting, which maybe Crawford will.

Fjordson

Somehow Golden State has risen all the way up to 2nd in defense! Holy shit. The defense is on pace to be even better than last year. Not sure that'll hold, but good to see that their ceiling is still high on that end.

Yannis Adé(soft d)-to(a mix between a "ta" and a "to")-kumbo

So basically, don't look at how it is spelled. I think I got this.

Their defense is awful, all 3 of them(throwing Crawford in that mix). Any one of them on the court with starters will get targeted and abused, 2 or more is a disaster.

If Blake is healthy and playing well in the playoffs that's their only weakness. Golden State can blow them out of the water even if they were all serviceable anyway, but this will make it easier for them and others potentially. The best you can hope for is they give as good as they're getting, which maybe Crawford will.

Yeah, but Rivers has come a long way from "Here Comes Austin Rivers".

I remember the 2015 Rockets-Clippers series and how the starters basically played 40+ minutes of basketball each night, which led to them being GASSED by most 4th quarters (especially game 6's 4th quarter and game 7). Honestly, that's what killed the Clippers that year- their bench was so horrifically bad, and their starters were coming off a 7 game series. While they're not exactly deep, they've still improved on their depth.

Honestly, if Doc gets a technical at a really terrible time one more time this season, I'd almost want the Clippers to bring someone else in. He almost seems like their weak link sometimes

FStop7

Banned
JR out 12-14 weeks
Kevin Love on a sketchy knee

And it's not even January.

New CBA is officially ratified, we're good to go for 6 more years provided Trumpence doesn't get us all killed.

TTG

Oh SVG, whom I loved on the LeBatard show, this game against the Warriors is not gonna turn your ball club around.

Ninja Scooter wtf is wrong with your Lakers......

I'm telling ya, Luke Walton is a fraud..........

If Luke is a fraud what's Tom Thibedau?

Young teams struggle in the NBA. The Lakers are young as fuck and even though they aren't all rookies, this is really their first time playing in a modern system that is conducive to their development. I predicted a 25 win season with 30 wins being the absolute ceiling so suffice to say I'm not stressing. Player development is more important than W/L right now and I like what I am seeing from that end.

TTG

whoaaaa, first behind the back crossover of the year from Curry. Merry Christmas indeed if that knee is really getting better.

OldMan

Banned
If Luke is a fraud what's Tom Thibedau?

Young teams struggle in the NBA. The Lakers are young as fuck and even though they aren't all rookies, this is really their first time playing in a modern system that is conducive to their development. I predicted a 25 win season with 30 wins being the absolute ceiling so suffice to say I'm not stressing. Player development is more important than W/L right now and I like what I am seeing from that end.
You aren't stressing because you have the clippers to fall back on.

Ninja Scooter wtf is wrong with your Lakers......

I'm telling ya, Luke Walton is a fraud..........

A FRAUD?!?!?!

No way. Ninja said it well, this team is super young and its the first time they've had an entirely new system.

On another note, how do NBA players practice between games? Question that I've never answered. To me that makes sense, the NBA games ARE the practice.

OldMan

Banned
The fuck are you talking about dude
200w.gif

phanphare

Banned
hornets have the bulls shook, back to back ejections lol

might not be the end of it for lopez either, dude hit two players in the face at the same time

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sorry been busy as fuck NBA GAF between kids, birthdays, Holidays, and personal shit.

I'll wait till tomorrow morning and finally post another round of standings.

phanphare

Banned
A FRAUD?!?!?!

No way. Ninja said it well, this team is super young and its the first time they've had an entirely new system.

On another note, how do NBA players practice between games? Question that I've never answered. To me that makes sense, the NBA games ARE the practice.

coincidentally hornets are now 6-0 when they get a practice in before a game

A lot of Grizzly players left the bench on that scuffle. There SHOULD be 5 or 6 Grizzlies suspended for the next game if the league office stays true to their rules

Top Bottom