• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Cousins last night was just crazy. The whole situation is crazy. Sac can't handle him, they don't have the resources. He needs a mentor, He needs to grow up. The talent he has is other worldly, but the other stuff really brings it all down. Right Ninja?

Amin Elhassan did an NBA pod earlier this week where he talked about how DMC has pretty much been coddled since high school. He mentions one time where he was at an all star high school camp when DMC was a junior in HS and even then he was getting into it and cussing out his coach (a coach he had known for all of a few days). He talks about how the problem for DMC might be his bad/immature behavior has constantly been rewarded all of his adult life.

FStop7

Banned
Nance Jr. out indefinitely with a bone bruise in his knee. Fuck.

Portland should be disappointed in themselves but at least they woke up.

Sacramento is officially the 8th seed. Nuggets, Kings, and Blazers all contending for 8th seed.

Tbh it would be fun to watch Boogie go against GSW for a few games.

The last place team in the west is only 4 games back so the 8th spot is pretty much open to everyone.

I doubt Suns or Lakers have a shot. Maybe Dallas, but I don't think it would be good for their team tbh. Timberwolves could also make a comeback, I guess?

Pelicans are the most likely from the lower rung to jump up, not sure how Tyreke Evans has been playing since getting back

Sandfox

I doubt Suns or Lakers have a shot. Maybe Dallas, but I don't think it would be good for their team tbh. Timberwolves could also make a comeback, I guess?

Pelicans are the most likely from the lower rung to jump up, not sure how Tyreke Evans has been playing since getting back

Given strength of schedule to start the season among other things I would expect a few of those teams to have stronger second halves to the season.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Sacramento is officially the 8th seed. Nuggets, Kings, and Blazers all contending for 8th seed.

Tbh it would be fun to watch Boogie go against GSW for a few games.

V0VQn7h.gif

Is Eric Bledsoe any good after the injuries? And does the Suns want some Wolves trash? If they got a nice point guard and the team defends a bit they might actually get that 8th seed. It's not like they are very far. The problem will always be that garbage bench they roll which will always sink the team and mess the rotations.

Tom Penny

Racist George Karl talking about Melo, JR and Martin
"Carmelo was a true conundrum for me in the six years I had him," Karl wrote in "Furious George," according to an advance copy obtained by the New York Post. "He was the best offensive player I ever coached. He was also a user of people, addicted to the spotlight and very unhappy when he had to share it.

"He really lit my fuse with his low demand of himself on defense. He had no commitment to the hard, dirty work of stopping the other guy."

The coach was also critical of J.R. Smith and Kenyon Martin, comparing those two, along with Anthony, to "the spoiled brats you see in junior golf and junior tennis."

Karl wrote that Smith, who is now with the Cavaliers, had "a huge sense of entitlement, a distracting posse, his eye always on the next contract and some really unbelievable shot selection."

Javale vs Zaza analysis

tl;dr... basically the javale is terrible on fundamental defense (consistently blowing defensive assignments) and ratings wise, the warriors are a better team defensively with Zaza at center.. however, javale ability to finish at the rim skyrockets the warriors' offensive rating

Jarate

Banned
are people surprised that George karl is a dickhead? He's had run in clashes with basically every good player he's had. Dude is a dick

TTG

Players' stories about Karl have been around for years, you just wouldn't know it from inside the espn bubble.

Reminds me of Seth's quote on Karl ribbing him every day for going to Duke.

“It felt like every single day he would make a little Duke jab or say something about Duke-Carolina or something. I’m like ‘Wow, this is happening every single day. This might be a little real.’ I don’t know if that’s the reason why he didn’t play me on a consistent basis”

Karl being an ass doesn't mean Martin and JR weren't clown shoes and Melo hasn't been an on court loser me player.

Did anyone say that though? It's more like, don't attribute something to a situation that doesn't necessarily have to do with anything. Look at the comments about how Karl treated Seth Curry. The guy has issues regardless of what was going on with JR, Martin, and Melo.

I wouldn't call Melo a loser me player, either. Volume shooter? Yup. But when he was a part of good teams, the one time in Denver with Chauncey, he did his part.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I remember Karl fighting to pull Kemp from the starting lineup because he would show up late to practice etc.i wish i could remember the exact quote but ithad something to do with his vertical being higher than his Basketball IQ.

FStop7

Banned
Karl being an ass doesn't mean Martin and JR weren't clown shoes and Melo hasn't been an on court loser me player.

The difference I see is that in his criticism of JR (again, based on the tiny amount of the book that's being quoted) Karl cites the presence of negative influences that are directly in his view: JR's dad doing backseat coaching and a disruptive group of hangers-on.

With Melo, Karl's criticizing him based on the absence of a positive influence. That's a big claim to make because to really know that about someone you need to have a pretty deep and personal relationship with them. Otherwise it's just idle speculation.

Tom Penny

Did anyone say that though? It's more like, don't attribute something to a situation that doesn't necessarily have to do with anything. Look at the comments about how Karl treated Seth Curry. The guy has issues regardless of what was going on with JR, Martin, and Melo.

I wouldn't call Melo a loser me player, either. Volume shooter? Yup. But when he was a part of good teams, the one time in Denver with Chauncey, he did his part.
Nah. Melo is a loser. Never wanted to anything but score and then when guys that werent even a threat like Lin got a little shine he didn't want them on the roster. You know why they got better with Billups? He was the opposite of Melo and an actual leader.

TTG

Nah. Melo is a loser. Never wanted to anything but score and then when guys that werent even a threat like Lin got a little shine he didn't want them on the roster. You know why they got better with Billups? He was the opposite of Melo and an actual leader.

Meh. Melo was a better scorer than Lebron until injuries started to take a toll. Hardly a loser.

Top Bottom