• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Whatever happens, can the FO keep their head out of their asses and keep Luke for AT LEAST five years? He's a great coach but he's also young and prone to making mistakes, but just believe that he will get better as well as a coach. Jeanie and Jim's self-deadline aside, they need to realize that Luke needs to stay and work on his coaching. I mean, how many coaches were with teams for the longest time, even when the team was garbage? Then, when the team became excellent, the coach was right there stacking those W's.

MAN WHAT THE FUCK LAKERS

I TOLD YOU YA BITCH ASS PRETTY BOY LUKE WALTON WAS A FUCKING FRAUD.

Can't even beat the fucking Mavericks.......... Fucking west coast 76ers..... At least Heinke was fucking honest.

Maybe it was past Byron Scott methods that helped them win the initial games. Once Walton ideas took over they start to lose.

Time to get Byron back? He always loves a good challenge

Lakers just don't know how to close out teams. Probably a sign of a young and inexperienced squad. They build up a lead and then start getting sloppy or taking bad shots.

I have to say though even though you can't really tell from the stats I love the ways ingram is playing and how Luke is bringing him along. They are trusting this skinny 19 year old kid with a lot of responsibility offenseivly and defensively. He'd probably be glued to the bench if Byron were still here.

phanphare

Banned
giphy.gif

kemba making his MVP case ahead of swaggy

Final minutes of Boston-Cavs was a joke. Tristan fouls in a screen, Irving blatantly travels and Lebron loses a ball. 3 turnovers in a row transformed in 6 points.

Bread

Banned
It was so funny to me how people were making a case that because Boston got him that somehow was going to put them over the hump. I was thinking like haven't you guys watched the past two playoff series ATL vs CLE.
I feel like you are ignoring the fact that Zeller would be playing if we didn't have Hortfords.

OldMan

Banned
The Warriors will be fine and I could see them winning 6 games against the Cavs with JR Smith back in the line up.

I just want to see ONE basketball game where the refs are a non factor...

Happy birthday LBJ

Best,
OM

FStop7

Banned
WOW is George Karl a dick. That additional stuff about Lillard and the Kings owner Vivek is straight up trash. Then he goes on the radio and defends himself by saying "it's not the truth, it's my opinion" in the most smug way? GTFO.

Gigglepoo

The Warriors will be fine

I'd definitely take last year's Warriors against this year's team. They might be fine in the long run but they're not going to be as good with Durant hogging the ball. And to think, for years we blamed Scott Brooks for OKC's iso offense when the real problem was Durant. Go figure!

if the Lakers do somehow luck out and get another top 3 pick, I think this is the year Mitch gets the OK to trade it for a veteran. You obviously aren't getting AD or Paul George or even DMC types for lottery picks, but I could see him shopping it for an impact guy.

I'm always confused by fans that seem short-sighted in how they see things. Calling out Lakers fan especially. If I'm fan of a developing team, I don't pay any attention to the score, I just watch for chemistry and how the players are playing. Lakers are fine.

if the Lakers do somehow luck out and get another top 3 pick, I think this is the year Mitch gets the OK to trade it for a veteran. You obviously aren't getting AD or Paul George or even DMC types for lottery picks, but I could see him shopping it for an impact guy.

Lakers and Suns probably suffer a little because of how many guards there are this draft. I'd say that's the biggest downside for them.

If philly gets their pick, 76ers are going to be ecstatic

Cheebo

Banned
This is looking like one of the best draft classes in league history up there with 1984 and 2003. If there is one year you wouldn't want to trade a lottery pick it's this year.

This is the worst officiated game I've seen this year. Best I could hope for was no bias at least, but unfortunately the Bulls were getting fucked by most of the numerous bad calls.

TTG

Jeanie buys him out. Jeanie builds a suite inside Staples and sole ownership.

One, the only time I remember Jeanie speaking was on the night of Dwight's first game in LA post Rockets trade and she was great. Two, anytime we can get a former Playboy model running a team that's a win.

I'd definitely take last year's Warriors against this year's team. They might be fine in the long run but they're not going to be as good with Durant hogging the ball. And to think, for years we blamed Scott Brooks for OKC's iso offense when the real problem was Durant. Go figure!

Is this is a serious post?

The Warriors are very clearly a step and half over every other team when it comes to passing. Durant is shooting the ball 17 times a game, same as Curry and Klay. He's the team leader in scoring, rebounding, and blocks with the lowest usage rate of his career at 27.9. In comparison, Westbrook is putting up his stats with the highest usage for any player ever in any season at 42.4. Kobe's highest ever has 38.4 and Iverson's was 37.8

TTG

I think jr and daddy Rivers both just got tossed. Austin brushed by/bumped a ref, so he was ejected, then Doc reacted the way you expect him to react.

EDIT: https://streamable.com/l40sf

Anyway, I still take a healthy Clippers team over the Rockets, but it's close. That second unit for the Rockets will gouge them and if they can run it may just be overwhelming.

Line_HTX

Anyway, I still take a healthy Clippers team over the Rockets, but it's close. That second unit for the Rockets will gouge them and if they can run it may just be overwhelming.

I haven't seen a more wrongful take than this. Clippers can't match well with the Rockets.

Silkworm

Please continue to remain healthy Thomas. *fingers crossed* Hopefully he can make it from here to the playoffs relatively healthy.

Top Bottom