• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Bread

Banned
29 fourth quarter points

If you looked up the dictionary definition of "Doing It" there would be a picture of Isaiah's dick

scoobs

Funny how Wiggins decides to dominate when he feels like it, which is almost never. He is guaranteed to destroy the other team when playing against Randle, Parker, or the Cavs. Otherwise there's about a 25% chance he gives a shit in any random game. I wish he had a killer instinct all the time.

boxter432

Funny how Wiggins decides to dominate when he feels like it, which is almost never. He is guaranteed to destroy the other team when playing against Randle, Parker, or the Cavs. Otherwise there's about a 25% chance he gives a shit in any random game. I wish he had a killer instinct all the time.
Pretty much. If he played like tonight or even 80% of the rebounding and passing effort he'd be all star caliber.
Giannis is fricking awesome. So damn long but still in control on his drives (unlike Wiggins or say, Corey brewer haha). His teammates kinda suck, they miss Middleton for sure and another ball handler. Brogdon could fill that role but need to see more first.

Here's KAT with a good overall play, wolves need to use this as proof that playing solid defense makes everything easier for them
https://mobile.twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/815039510496972800/video/1
Wiggins also destroyed the rim late.
Lavine creepin to that 50/40/90 territory.

I always kind of felt Wiggins had a little to much Harrison Barnes in him in terms of passiveness and ability to disappear. He's worlds better than Barnes of course but it's the thing that I think will keep him from being a true franchise player.

TTG

I always kind of felt Wiggins had a little to much Harrison Barnes in him in terms of passiveness and ability to disappear. He's worlds better than Barnes of course but it's the thing that I think will keep him from being a true franchise player.

Last time I saw them play I don't think he had an attempt in the paint until the third quarter. Young, big, athletic, I would rather he run headfirst at the rim even if it looks bad, than a kobe impression.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure he needs to be with KAT and LaVine. I just wish Thibs would stop making Point Wiggins try to happen.

Now that the Suns seem to finally be playing Bender, he seems to have been playing pretty well. If he turns out well, the Suns will be lucky, given how much of a glut of young talent they have focused in their backcourt

We really should've had an undefeated December. Definitely should've blown out the likes of San Antonio and Memphis if those three's went in.

Scoring 140 in regulation feels pretty neat, haha
screen-shot-2015-03-31-at-7-06-07-pm.png

I see the same thing. Very good but lacking some intensity to make him a true number 1. I think Jabari Parker might turn out to be a better player if he rebounds harder.

I see the same thing. Very good but lacking some intensity to make him a true number 1. I think Jabari Parker might turn out to be a better player if he rebounds harder.

It's probably good for both of their developments that they have what seems to be a 1A star next to them. At least for Jabari that is. In some ways, being on a team with Giannis, and then get injured and quietly returning back to form, has let him develop at his own pace.

I think Wiggins still has it in him. Tbh, I think alot of their struggles on defense are because they're the equivalent of a 9th grader taking college senior level courses: it's throwing them in via the deep end, but with in enough practice and perseverance it should click in for them.

Also can we seriously discuss how Giannis dunks on his eurosteps? Shit is unreal. Absolutely unreal. Those strides are ridiculous. WTF.

Glad the Sixers were able to pull out the W yesterday. Down to the wire situations like that will only help the team grow, especially Embiid.

Also can we seriously discuss how Giannis dunks on his eurosteps? Shit is unreal. Absolutely unreal. Those strides are ridiculous. WTF.

I've watched very few Bucks games this year but everytime I witnessed Giannis doing something absolutely ridiculous. His style is downright Lovecraftian, I can't even understand what the fuck he's doing. He's just so underrated, his numbers are crazy awesome and he's third in the league in VORP behind Harden and Westbrook and we rightfully hear all the time about the year those two are having.

I've watched very few Bucks games this year but everytime I witnessed Giannis doing something absolutely ridiculous. His style is downright Lovecraftian, I can't even understand what the fuck he's doing. He's just so underrated, his numbers are crazy awesome and he's third in the league in VORP behind Harden and Westbrook and we rightfully hear all the time about the year those two are having.

Only similar player might be KD this year with GSW, where he seems to part-time play the role of their big. When he strides towards the basket and lifts his arms, at that moment, it's hard to believe that that shot could ever be blocked, because their arms seem to stretch out 5 ft above the rim

When was the last time an elite team lost 6 in a row? Clippers are in free fall.

Clippers have neither of their two stars, but yeah, feels like the end of Lob City is night.

Also:

Harden with 8/6/6, Westbrook with 6/6/8, both teams barely into the 2nd quarter. Meanwhile Giannis is 1 assist and 3 steals off a 5x5

Harden has 24/10/9 at the half with 6-8 from the 3, 4-4 free throws.
Westbrook has 11/12/10 at the half
Giannis has a 29/6/8/7/2 (pts/ast/reb/blk/stl). 6 minutes left in the 4th

Oh, and Brogdon with the quiet 4 assists from a triple double, EDIT: now 1

My god

Brogdon, a (24 year old) rookie PG for the Bucks (that posterized Kyrie and LeBron in the same game), just got a 15/12/11 triple double (in his 2nd start)
Giannis ends the game with 35 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, 7 blocks, 2 steals on 13-19 FG (one 3). 8-11 FT
Parker had 27 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, 1 steal on 10-15 FG. 6-6 FT.

The Bucks' best scorer last year is still out injured

Harden got his triple double. 27/11/10

EDIT: Chances Harden goes for a 20/20/20?

I was just passin.... no I wasn't!

Booker and Gobert going at each other!

Also, I know Brandon Jennings has had a really good game overall, but some of his decision-making in the last few possessions has been awful.

53 pts, 17 assists, 16 rebounds, I thought the Bucks game made me dizzy, I thought the Westbrook 1st half triple double made me dizzy, I'm about to faint

Apparently 2nd on triple doubles with 15 pts and assists was Larry Bird with 30 pts.

My god.

First 50/15/15 ever. Also tied Wilt for most points in a triple double

With assists (assisted on 8 3s), he helped/played the major role for a full 95 points for the Rockets. He's gonna surpass Wade for top 3 SG (if he's still a SG), by the end of his career.

Apparently 2nd on triple doubles with 15 pts and assists was Larry Bird with 30 pts.

My god.

First 50/15/15 ever. Also tied Wilt for most points in a triple double

With assists (assisted on 8 3s), he helped/played the major role for a full 95 points for the Rockets. He's gonna surpass Wade for top 3 SG (if he's still a SG), by the end of his career.

fn60Qxf.gif

Top Bottom