• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

LeBron ain't winning with the statsheet Westbrook is putting. He's defying modern stats so he will naturally defy the mvp-only for players in the best teams.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
OK I'm back after Holiday crazy to finally bring you updated Monday morning standings.

Sorry I missed a few weeks. Forgive me NBA-GAF!

screenshot_2017-01-024yzsp.png

screenshot_2017-01-029uxxk.png

Bread

Banned
Millsap and Hortford weren't the problem with those Hawks teams. The Celtics backcourt is wayyyyyy better than the old Hawks, plus Crowder who is better than any SF they had.

If the Bulls play their cards right they can actually salvage this season. Keep Hoiberg, trade Wade for some picks and this team doesn't win more than 10 games until the end of the season. Brooklyn, Miami and Phoenix are hard to catch but the rest seems attainable. If Phily allows Embiid to play they will amass victories in the shitty east.

Cheebo

Banned
If the Bulls play their cards right they can actually salvage this season. Keep Hoiberg, trade Wade for some picks and this team doesn't win more than 10 games until the end of the season. Brooklyn, Miami and Phoenix are hard to catch but the rest seems attainable. If Phily allows Embiid to play they will amass victories in the shitty east.
Bulls are as likely to trade Wade as the Warriors are to trade Durant.

No chance.

Lmao Chicago is not trading Wade wtf. He has been huge for Butler's growth.

What growth? He has more possessions which makes him go to to the line more and he also shots more. That's it. He's always been an efficient scorer. If anything he forgot how to defend and his increase in iso's is detriment to the team.

I would ship him with Wade. When the Bulls have a decent player to be relevant Butler will be way past its usability. Boston always loved him right? They have those juicy Nets picks.

Vanillalite

Millsap and Hortford weren't the problem with those Hawks teams. The Celtics backcourt is wayyyyyy better than the old Hawks, plus Crowder who is better than any SF they had.

Actually Horford was THE problem. You gotta look beyond the regular season and see why they couldn't make the jump.

Basically Horford got dominated in multiple Cavs series. You could argue his play single handedly allowed the Cavs to sweep the Hawks last playoffs.

TTG

Remember when NYC and Chicago were in the playoffs? I was actually interested for a minute. Welcome back Indiana, Washington, Charlotte, now I can skip the east.

Remember when NYC and Chicago were in the playoffs? I was actually interested for a minute. Welcome back Indiana, Washington, Charlotte, now I can skip the east.

You're interested in the Knicks of all teams making the playoffs? If so, I'm so sorry for you.

Bread

Banned
Wade isn't hurting the Bulls, he's been a mentor to Butler. No one is giving up anything of value for him, so why would they trade him?
Actually Horford was THE problem. You gotta look beyond the regular season and see why they couldn't make the jump.

Basically Horford got dominated in multiple Cavs series. You could argue his play single handedly allowed the Cavs to sweep the Hawks last playoffs.
lol please, he obviously played terribly but the Hawks were completely overmatched at every position. The Celtics have the talent to compete already, as they've shown the past 2 seasons. Millsap would be a big big upgrade over Amir.

Vanillalite

Wade isn't hurting the Bulls, he's been a mentor to Butler. No one is giving up anything of value for him, so why would they trade him?
lol please, he obviously played terribly but the Hawks were completely overmatched at every position. The Celtics have the talent to compete already, as they've shown the past 2 seasons. Millsap would be a big big upgrade over Amir.

Terrible is underselling how a supposed All-star got physically dominated in back to back playoff series against the Cavs.

Yes they were. They couldn't rebound at all. TT feasted. Iirc, when the Hawks were 9-2, Howard had had more rebounds in their win over the Cavs than Horford in the entire series

And the difference is that Boston's backcourt is good enough to carry the team if that happens, unlike Atlanta's was.

Boston's gonna hit the same roadblock the Hawks did, with or without IT, if their starting backcourt is Millsap-Horford

TTG

Yes, let Millsap go to Boston, without a penalty for the Celtics if possible. Throw in Korver for good measure. I want the best players from both media darlings merged, so the Cavs can blast them in 4-5 games as well.

Messi

Harden don't you dare miss a triple double by 1 assist lol

Edit: got it. Awesome. Much fun this year watching the rockets after the crap they pulled last year.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Gordon is the best payer that's ever played next to Harden in Houston.

Fucking love this team.

I dunno if Javale is ever going to be a good position defender. Continually out of position.

He's also playing against one of the best passing and offensive bigs in Jokic right now.

Saw the Nuggets making this competitive coming in. They're young, finally committed to Jokic over Nurkic (and have become one of the better offensive teams since then). Iirc, Jokic has some of the best advanced stats in the entire league.

Kings, Nuggets, and Mavs (just for 2007 rematch) would be the funnest matchups to watch against the Dubs this year

Nurkic off the bench is a classic big that can also have a good time against the dubs, better defender

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Trade Ennis and Nene for a reliable big man and the Rockets would be complete. Then once Capela gets healthy, we'll be rolling

They need a backup big and pg. Bev is too injured prone :(

I'd still trade Ennis any day of the week before Nene. Ennis couldn't even give Harden a one min break tonight... he's that bad. A shoot first pg who can't shoot or play any D. God he stinks.

Also I want Brewer gone, but that shit is not happening... ever. He's Rick Smith in a Rockets uni.

Yup, Nuggets have the sort of high tempo, emphasis on easy points in the paint powered by fast young players that can compete with the Warriors

Trade Ennis and Nene for a reliable big man and the Rockets would be complete. Then once Capela gets healthy, we'll be rolling

Nene is fine right where he is. He's come in at tie when we need a veteran, plays well in limited minutes.

Ennis can go away

They need a backup big and pg. Bev is too injured prone :(

I'd still trade Ennis any day of the week before Nene. Ennis couldn't even give Harden a one min break tonight... he's that bad. A shoot first pg who can't shoot or play any D. God he stinks.

Also I want Brewer gone, but that shit is not happening... ever. He's Rick Smith in a Rockets uni.

Beverley is weird, he thankfully never seems to get bad injuries that keep him out for long.

Brewer is nice because I can feel confident about a game when he scores a 3. That's why I was never worried about the Knicks game, Brewer dunked and made a 3 on consecutive plays. That's basically a sign from god right there

TTG

If I were Kerr, I would be very careful with these Durant and the second unit without a center rotations. You're burning him physically and mentally for stretches every night. I know Klay is out there as well, but he does fuck all to lighten the load. Either have Steph stink it up out there, he's used to taking Ls at this point, or bring Draymond back much earlier, or just let the bench get kicked around and come back when the starters are on the court. It's the regular season after all.

If I were Kerr, I would be very careful with these Durant and the second unit without a center rotations. You're burning him physically and mentally for stretches every night. I know Klay is out there as well, but he does fuck all to lighten the load. Either have Steph stink it up out there, he's used to taking Ls at this point, or bring Draymond back much earlier, or just let the bench get kicked around and come back when the starters are on the court. It's the regular season after all.

They're not playing Durant the entire time. They have units with Steph/Clark/Iggy/Draymond/McGee. Kerr isn't overplaying his stars, he's staggering themn with the bench

TTG

They're not playing Durant the entire time. They have units with Steph/Clark/Iggy/Draymond/McGee. Kerr isn't overplaying his stars, he's staggering themn with the bench

Yea, thanks captain obvious. Durant/Iggy/Livingston/Klay/West is playing more than the death line up and Durant is the only starter who is out there without a center and Draymond every night.

Jokic is the exact sort of passing, rebounding high BBIQ I'd want if I'm playing the Dubs.

He's at least a future all star if he keeps it up. Does all the little things, almost Draymond like tbh

EDIT: Nuggets need a main facilitator badly though.
EDIT2: Jokic is unreal. Plays so smartly and unselfishly, always goes for the better play.

OldMan

Banned

All time greats don't ride the bench. Look what happened with Iverson in Detroit or Memphis.

If you have Durant, fuck it play him until his legs fall off.

Here the 98' Bulls record during the month of January in their championship run.

b3tmvgml.jpg

They only lost 3 games...

rambis

Banned
All time greats don't ride the bench. Look what happened with Iverson in Detroit or Memphis.

If you have Durant, fuck it play him until his legs fall off.

Here the 98' Bulls record during the mong]

They only lost 3 games...

Durant just recently missed most of a season due to injuries, I don't you ride him too much anywhere. People seem to forget he's like a legit 7 footer. Those guys usually run into issues later in their career and he's slowly hitting his back end.

Top Bottom