• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

datruth29

Utah at the 4 seed is pretty surprising.

They're a really good team that plays top notch defense and frustrate other teams with their pace. Gobert at times has looked like the best center in the league. On top of that, they've been injury plagued. If this team can stay healthy and consistent, they'll be a force.

Durant just recently missed most of a season due to injuries, I don't you ride him too much anywhere. People seem to forget he's like a legit 7 footer. Those guys usually run into issues later in their career and he's slowly hitting his back end.
It was the majority of one season due to one injury that was known to be potentially season ending as it ended up being.

He had zero issues last year with that injury last year and has shown no issues this year. There's really no reason to believe he will begin losing his athleticism at age 28.

He has also been pretty damn skinny most of his career. He's probably never carried any bad weight on his frame. I don't see any reason why his career can't be as long as Kevin Garrett's.

I just want to say something:

Lou Deng as been unbelievably disappointing, he really is finished at 30 or what ever he is, his legs are gone.
Mosgov would be a great back up center, hes just not worth 60 mil or what ever. Two very stupid signings. Im done with Mitch and Jim, I have been for a long time.

rambis

Banned
It was the majority of one season due to one injury that was known to be potentially season ending as it ended up being.

He had zero issues last year with that injury last year and has shown no issues this year. There's really no reason to believe he will begin losing his athleticism at age 28.

He has also been pretty damn skinny most of his career. He's probably never carried any bad weight on his frame. I don't see any reason why his career can't be as long as Kevin Garrett's.

Big men generally have foot, lower extremity problems. This is just fact, I don't think size or weight has has much to do with anything. KG couldn't follow up an MVP like year in 09 because of injuries. I'm not talking about losing athleticism, im talking wear and tear and that effects bigs in far more pronounced ways. You don't ride big players period if you can avoid it.

Saying he has zero issues is nonfactual, players play through injuries/soreness all the time. Just cause he hasnt spoken of anything does not mean he's perfect.

Lou Deng as been unbelievably disappointing, he really is finished at 30 or what ever he is, his legs are gone.
Mosgov would be a great back up center, hes just not worth 60 mil or what ever. Two very stupid signings. Im done with Mitch and Jim, I have been for a long time.

In the long run those signings will be drops in the bucket. They wanted (needed) vets to help add experience to this green as shit roster and help round out the roster, and paid out the nose for two guys because that's what teams in their positions have to do. Jim can go fly a kite but Mitch has made some great draft picks, and in addition signed Lou Williams to a well below market value contract. He's got a good enough track record.

Lakers should be happy about those contracts. They all line up well with the rookie contracts, and make sure the fo can't make any short-sighted moves because of the cap room it takes up

Mosgov being decent but not good is fine, forces Lakers to both have the opportunity to develop on a decent NBA system is that doesn't screw up their growth but also ensures they don't expect a good center to play with as that's the only position they lack young talent at

In the long run those signings will be drops in the bucket. They wanted (needed) vets to help add experience to this green as shit roster and help round out the roster, and paid out the nose for two guys because that's what teams in their positions have to do. Jim can go fly a kite but Mitch has made some great draft picks, and in addition signed Lou Williams to a well below market value contract. He's got a good enough track record.

Mitch also passed on The Porzingod to draft a shooter who can't shoot. A lot of GMs would have done the same but I'm not so sure his recent track record is that good, but then again I haven't been following all that closely.

Mitch also passed on The Porzingod to draft a shooter who can't shoot. A lot of GMs would have done the same but I'm not so sure his recent track record is that good, but then again I haven't been following all that closely.

He also drafted Jordan Clarkson in the 2nd and Larry Nance Jr. late in the first. No GM is perfect with regards to drafting but the young Lakers core is extremely solid.

He also drafted Jordan Clarkson in the 2nd and Larry Nance Jr. late in the first. No GM is perfect with regards to drafting but the young Lakers core is extremely solid.

No arguments there, I don't dislike what Kupchak has done. I meant that more in the way of him eventually being questioned or something like that, he has been the GM since forever and survived some rough times with brilliant moves. The young core is good, but if they don't start winning don't you think people (be it the fans or Jim/Jeanie) will start pressuring for a Pau Gasol kind of move?

spyder_ur

I could watch Isaiah finish over and around Gobert forever. He's a goddamn magician.

Celts playing really well right now, especially defensively.

No arguments there, I don't dislike what Kupchak has done. I meant that more in the way of him eventually being questioned or something like that, he has been the GM since forever and survived some rough times with brilliant moves. The young core is good, but if they don't start winning don't you think people (be it the fans or Jim/Jeanie) will start pressuring for a Pau Gasol kind of move?

I think Mitch is sort of safe. Having Jim Buss around sort of shields him from that kind of criticism. I think he's a lifer. He's getting up there so I always imagined he would eventually either step down or be moved up to some kind of cushy president gig while someone new takes over the day to day.

Now that the Nets are in sole possession of last place it's time to start looking into prospects, are there any undersized guards who can't shoot projected to go top 5?

Tom Penny

Now that the Nets are in sole possession of last place it's time to start looking into prospects, are there any undersized guards who can't shoot projected to go top 5?

Nope but if we have a shot at 6'4 Markelle Fultz they better fucking take him. IT with a 15 dimes one turnover.

Despite blowing a giant lead, I liked what I saw from the Sixers tonight. Can't wait until we have a more complete squad. Also if Bryan Colangelo is reading this, trade Jah over Nerlens.

Chase17

In case that doesn't work out I'll be looking for another Olynyk type of player to draft.

OldMan

Banned
Does LeBron have his best overall team? Wade and Bosh are obviously up there, but with Cleveland's bench and honestly Kyrie today could probably go toe to toe with vintage Heat Wade but with Clevelands supporting cast is this the best team he's ever been on?

Best regards,

OM

Vintage Wade > Kyrie
Bosh > Lolove

even Super Mario Chalmers could keep up with Kyrie
hell, they would throw Battier the god to make Kyrie mad
Ray Allen shits on Jefferson and JR

those Heat teams were something else

rambis

Banned
neoCLE is a very good offensive team but those Heat teams regularly were elite on both offense and defense. With the league becoming more and more offensive minded they are fine but I like the Heat way better.

Wade and Kyrie is probably closer to a wash than people think. Kyrie is really fucking good. The biggest difference is what Bosh brought to the table defensively.

OldMan

Banned
Well that's settled lol

NBA Basketball peaked last year around this time, so these next few games should be a real treat.
Sadly I don't see the Cavs going undefeated in January if they plan on resting players...
Best regards,

OM

phanphare

Banned
some of those clutch shots kyrie was hitting during game 5, 6, and 7 in the finals are enough to make me agree with ninja

and that shot he hit on christmas with klay draped all over him

Top Bottom