• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

People have to be fucking around to make the comparison. Kyrie is just as clutch, but the guy is hot garbage defensively compared to one of the best defensive guards in his prime. Did people forget Wade was clutch as fuck? He averaged like 40ppg in the last 3 games in the finals when they won it, while when Kyrie led the Cavs they were a completely irrelevant team (he's better and evolved but seriously him leading compared to Lebron is a galaxy level difference). Wade's best is a big difference in ppg, apg and rpg.

There's been a myriad of some really fucking awful hot takes since the season the started, fans and experts alike.

Love this season has been better than Bosh though. Bosh clearly the much better defender, but Love has been so hot offensively I'd take him slightly over Bosh.

rambis

Banned
Wade and Kyrie is probably closer to a wash than people think. Kyrie is really fucking good. The biggest difference is what Bosh brought to the table defensively.

Maybe offensively. Or really just scoring. Wade was absolutely crazy off the ball, his BBIQ is as good as anybody's.

Its funny to see the aura shift around Love though. He was this hot around the playoffs last year and people were still hollering trade him.

Bread

Banned
it's hard to carry a team when lebron is putting up stats like he did this past finals but kyrie was integral to their title. his performance in the 4th quarter of game 5 was ridiculous and kept them alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qg4B9R8K0c&t=3m38s
I'm not arguing that Kyrie wasn't integral to their title though. Kyrie has the ability to put the team on his back, no doubt. But Wade brought the Heat back from 0-2 in the finals nearly single handedly while being a near elite defender.

To be fair to Kyrie, he's still younger than Wade was during the 06 finals so I can't say he isn't capable of it.

phanphare

Banned
yeah I'm not comparing their whole body of work against each other or anything like that

just saying kyrie's pretty fucking great and seems to have that same clutch gene that wade has/had, though time will tell

Bread

Banned
yeah I'm not comparing their whole body of work against each other or anything like that

just saying kyrie's pretty fucking great and seems to have that same clutch gene that wade has/had, though time will tell
I agree, I love watching him play. He's the best and most complete scorer in the game right now. Idk how you could say he's a wash with one of the great SGs of all time though. Seems way too early for that.

Unleashed prime Wade > any Kyrie

Only problem with that is that LeBron played with a declining Wade who had to change his game to fit with LeBron.

LeBron teammate Kyrie > LeBron teammate Wade

Kyrie fills in the gaps around LeBron better than Wade because he's great at the things LeBron is just okay at, while Wade's best attributes are lesser versions of LeBron's. I'd still take Wade over Kyrie if LeBron has to sit out since he can do more alone, but if we're talking about playing *with* LeBron, Kyrie's better.

Let's celebrate peak Carlos Boozer.

Blue Devil. National Champ.

BOOOZ

GIVE ME THAT SHIT

boozer-punch.gif

TTG

LeBron teammate Kyrie > LeBron teammate Wade

Yea, I have to concede that point. Kyrie's shooting and more consistent play, people forget how much Wade struggled with his knees, make for a better ancillary player.

I probably still take those middle years with Battier, Ray Allen, Mike Miller, and
Chris Bosh
over the Cavs. Mario Chalmers was on his way to becoming the next Derek Fisher and you may have had a decent player if you merged Chris Andersen and Haslem together, then again maybe not.

That just blows my mind, not being familiar with one of the NBA greats when you're an NBA player.

it's not like Kidd was a Superstar, you act as if he was drawing eyes like LBJ.

and he was barely an NBA player, this lil' info was learned early by Giannis in his rookie season.

Justise Winslow is having surgery on his shoulder and is done for the season. The Heat are going for that draft pick.

We might as well go for it. I'm sad for Winslow but this season was a wash anyway. Now if we get that number 1 pick (and pick Fultz) and we trade Dragic and get another late 1st round pick (and land TJ Leaf) we might be on to something nice. Get back that Bosh cap space and sign Blake to a max (hey! it's my dream!) Johnson, Fultz, Winslow, Griffin and Hassan sounds good to me. Add Richardson, James Johnson, Reed and Leaf on the bench and we have a very competitive team.

TTG

Why are we acting like Winslow available would make a difference in the standings?

Meanwhile, no Lillard? Booo. Lmao, Curry taking a heat check on the behalf of the whole team.

McCollum is so damn good. In a way I'm happy Lillard is sitting this game out and McCollum is getting a chance to shine on national TV.

mccollum-glenoak-2007jpg-035a1c900e9cdde9.jpg

I love this picture cause he talks about how he was such a late bloomer that he had to learn to get a shot off. You can definitely see that in how he manages to make all these contested shots.

Wait, what? Giannis didn't know what Jason Kidd's background was?
He knew 2 American players, KD and LeBron, coming in. He spent the years before getting drafted as an undocumented resident in Greece that had to sell trinkets and the like. Knowing Jason kids from across the world isn't that big a concern

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
lol@ the first return of All Star votes

Eastern Conference
Frontcourt
1 LeBron James (CLE) 595,288
2 Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL) 500,663
3 Kevin Love (CLE) 250,347
4 Joel Embiid (PHI) 221,984
5 Carmelo Anthony (NY) 189,817
6 Jimmy Butler (CHI) 189,066
7 Kristaps Porzingis (NY) 184,166