• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Chase17

Ok I please explain what's going on here . I know that's a basketball anime but I have never watched it. Is this guy good or what ? I mean the warriors got KD and we need help to compete so have Pop and RC Buford taken the next step and started recruiting anime characters because I am on board.

On a serious note congrats to Coach Popovich for passing Jerry Slogan for most wins with a single team at 1,127

That's the protagonist of the series. He's pretty good at passing.
234512-kurokos-basketball-ignite-pass.gif

Ok I please explain what's going on here . I know that's a basketball anime but I have never watched it. Is this guy good or what ? I mean the warriors got KD and we need help to compete so have Pop and RC Buford taken the next step and started recruiting anime characters because I am on board.

On a serious note congrats to Coach Popovich for passing Jerry Slogan for most wins with a single team at 1,127

Kuroko no Basket is basically one of the most popular sports anime in like the last decade and it's got a movie coming out this year that will be its Grand Finale. It's doing cross promotion with the NBA to promote it.

It's basically NBA meets DBZ lol

tumblr_mxgc7wIRe21r3rdh2o1_500.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Anime is now moving over from the NFL thread into the NBA thread?

line plz

NBA thread was anime from the start this season, were you not paying attention?

From most anime to least anime it probably goes NFL - NBA - MLB - NHL at this point.

Servbot24

Banned
Anime gifs are acceptable as long as character names and plot points are not mentioned.

NBA gifs with anime attributes added in ala Super Saiyan Steph are encouraged but become invalid 1.5 years after the source material originated.

Fjordson

Always thought Javale was a clown.

Everytime I see him its on shaqtin a fool.

Didnt he get waived by the sixers?
You're not wrong about him in the past, but he has a really simple role on Golden State that makes it almost impossible for him to fail.

It's basically: play 10-15 minutes a game with four all-NBA players around you (Steph, KD, Klay, Dray) and just catch lobs / finish at the rim and rebound. He doesn't do much outside of that, but the Warriors don't really need him to.

Dude is somehow 15th in the league in PER lol. Averaging 25 and 11 per 36.

Always thought Javale was a clown.

Everytime I see him its on shaqtin a fool.

Didnt he get waived by the sixers?

Have you been watching the games!?
I originally only knew of McGee from Shaqtin too, but he is my favorite big man on the Warriors. He brings energy, and is fun to watch when he's getting blocks and alley oops.

Mortemis

Banned
Anime is now moving over from the NFL thread into the NBA thread?

line plz

Now? This is the official anime thread for gaf, anime-gaf and NFL gaf are posers. We just don't talk about it too often.

Well Warriors talk is banned here but it's not enforced, so this thread is all sorts of confusing.

That reminds me, I saw someone at a Warriors game last year wearing a shirt that had Midorima in a Step Curry jersey lmao
tumblr_nm5mvz1XFL1u2klrwo1_500.gif

Golden State giving Briante Weber a try from the D-league. Smart move.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/me...st-nba-free-agent-up-for-grabs-191344660.html
The hilarious shit out of this is that LeLegacy apparently wanted him as the PG back-up.
fucking dead, stooooop ahahahahahah

Line_HTX

Yao Ming's jersey will be retired at halftime tonight. I'd never thought I'd see this day come. He was talking with the media earlier and still has his sense of humor, lol

Even Jeff van Gundy wrote a lengthy piece on The Player's Tribune on Yao. Very good read.

So the spurs get another gem basically

More like the Spurs got a "steal" in Kuroko in this cross-promotion.

Yet people are bitching Lebron out.

And what is this comment supposed to mean?

I don't remember anyone from the Warriors roster complaining to the public that the current roster sucks and help is needed, all the while spending the most money in NBA history on the current roster... Oh, after having made or had heavy input in the roster lineup ave salary from season to season.

I'm not sure what "people" your are referring to, but most arguments I've seen weren't directed at LeBron wanting to fill an open roster spot, but how he went about letting everyone know that he needed it filled.

Bread

Banned
The Celtics can take the lead for most victories ever by a franchise tonight

Say it with me people, fuck the lakers!!!!!!

Chase17

The Celtics can take the lead for most victories ever by a franchise tonight

Say it with me people, fuck the lakers!!!!!!

Marcus Smart has that look in his eyes. Anything could happen tonight.

Edit: Can't wait for our leading rebounder to return.

Raptors need to make a trade. I'm fucking tired of losing close games. Patterson is out, Derozan is out. JV is a liability on the floor. Carroll is a fraud in all sense of the word. This team is free falling out of the playoffs fast. Combined with Casey's stupid lineups, this losing streak is going to get worse. Let's make a trade sooner than later.

Top Bottom