• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Bread

Banned
Our Celtics have become the most winningest franchise in NBA history!!!!!!!!

Let's all say it together

FUCK
DA
LAKE
RS

rambis

Banned
Well they didn't bitch and moan about it, nor do they have the leagues most expensive payroll. They just sorta, ya know, let the guys in suits do what guys in suits are paid to do. Crazy, I know.

And what is this comment supposed to mean?

I don't remember anyone from the Warriors roster complaining to the public that the current roster sucks and help is needed, all the while spending the most money in NBA history on the current roster... Oh, after having made or had heavy input in the roster lineup ave salary from season to season.

I'm not sure what "people" your are referring to, but most arguments I've seen weren't directed at LeBron wanting to fill an open roster spot, but how he went about letting everyone know that he needed it filled.
What?

If we're talking about Barkley his exact words were that Lebron "doesnt want to compete" and that they" have enough they just won the championship".

As far as salaries, Warriors arent paying Curry so they have no qualms making moves. Next year if they sign him to the max his contract would increase their cap ~33m whixh would be even higher than CLE. GS is far more stacked than Cleveland and get away with it because Curry sucked his first couple years.

The hypocrisy is crazy here. The 73 win Warriors who were minutes away from being 2 time champs are continually signing people but Lebron asking for relief on a depleted roster is too much.

ROCKETS YES.

The defense especially, goddamn. We badly need better rebounding. Some players shooting badly, but others with our bevy of shooters making up for it. Capela needs to bulk up badly

If you going to rebuild around DeRozan and Lowry backcourt..yes you trade him.

But again depends on if we sign Lowry this off-season. I don't want to give Lowry, a Conley contract.

Raptors would have to agree to a mini-rebuild if you didn't sign your best player.

What?

If we're talking about Barkley his exact words were that Lebron "doesnt want to compete" and that they" have enough they just won the championship".

As far as salaries, Warriors arent paying Curry so they have no qualms making moves. Next year if they sign him to the max his contract would increase their cap ~33m whixh would be even higher than CLE. GS is far more stacked than Cleveland and get away with it because Curry sucked his first couple years.

The hypocrisy is crazy here. The 73 win Warriors who were minutes away from being 2 time champs are continually signing people but Lebron asking for relief on a depleted roster is too much.

It's because Lebron was whining about it and throwing his own team under the bus to let everyone know that he wants help on the court.
"We need a playmaker.... our team is Top Heavy, it's just me, Kyrie and Love...."
Had he just made a trade or signed someone and added them to the team, no one would have said shit.

so like I said before:
I'm not sure what "people" your are referring to, but most arguments I've seen weren't directed at LeBron wanting to fill an open roster spot, but how he went about letting everyone know that he needed it filled.

But I do find it pretty funny if Briante Weber was actually the player Lebron was scouting from D-league. Seeing that 2 other teams besides the Dubs offered him a contract, Bronbron was a little late to pull the trigger there.

I read a news story on him a little while ago trying to figure out who he was, and not only was he player of the month in January, but was apparently 1 steal away from a legit* quadruple double, which would have been a first in D-League history.

*(legit Quadruple double as opposed to a WB QD where TO's are a +10 stat too)

Anime is now moving over from the NFL thread into the NBA thread?

line plz

We were doing this from the beginning of the season, go back and look, we all unanimously decided basketball was stupid and that this thread should be for anime

giphy.gif

27d29fb45f6a858750a37b090eff21ee01e7fae1_hq.gif

6db505070d6a0e6de95f055b913085fccebf2d9a_hq.gif

sW97Ukd.gif

wRxXvMH.gif

JguhQAW.gif

126443e3fb3415f829481334d9ebcbd5.gif

1458787614-ab455712a54dcebe621f9a6c1a6116e5.gif

fa1edc39d7be066f5e1e9466da6ad238.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mjk321KTT21rgam01o1_500.gif

200.gif

giphy.gif

Cavs need help because the GM isn't scraping the Dleague for 10-day veteran talent? GAF pls.

I don't think it's honest of Lebron (or Cavs fans) to suggest the difference between an elite 65-win team and a team that plays a month of .500 basketball is some journeyman pg, the 23 year old equivalent of Ramon Sessions. If that's the case they should be begging the Clips for Austin Rivers or the Nets for Jeremy Lin.

I joked about it before, but now that the Mavs are 20-30 (barely behind Portland), have a 4 game win streak, and finally have committed to a small ball lineup with Barnes at the 4, I officially need them to take 8th seed.

Then I need the Yogi "Yogi Bear" Ferrell/"Sous Chef" S. Curry/Wesley "Goku" Matthews/Harrison "Max" Barnes/Dirk "Wall-Puncher" Nowitzki to take revenge for 2007 and take out the Warriors in an all time classic We Believe Mavs season.

Hell, give Durant the MVP over Harden if that's what is needed.

Cavs need help because the GM isn't scraping the Dleague for 10-day veteran talent? GAF pls.

I don't think it's honest of Lebron (or Cavs fans) to suggest the difference between an elite 65-win team and a team that plays a month of .500 basketball is some journeyman pg, the 23 year old equivalent of Ramon Sessions. If that's the case they should be begging the Clips for Austin Rivers or the Nets for Jeremy Lin.

1) Yogi is a rookie
2) TERRIBLE EXAMPLES, given that Rivers has been balling out this entire season after improving the past 2 seasons, and Lin was playing well for the Nets before entering injury hell.
3) I'm pretty sure Lebron wants more rest.
4) 10 day contracts would actually be a decent way for Cavs to try players out. Same with D-League.
5) Not a Cavs fan.
6) It's mostly a joke, it's just hilarious that Yogi fucking Ferrell has ended up being a steal for the Mavericks

1) Yogi is a rookie
2) TERRIBLE EXAMPLES, given that Rivers has been balling out this entire season after improving the past 2 seasons, and Lin was playing well for the Nets before entering injury hell.
4) 10 day contracts would actually be a decent way for Cavs to try players out. Same with D-League.
5) Not a Cavs fan.
6) It's mostly a joke, it's just hilarious that Yogi fucking Ferrell has ended up being a steal for the Mavericks
I thought he was talking about Briante Weber.

1) Yogi is a rookie
5) Not a Cavs fan.

I was talking about Weber specifically by age, but referring to d-league prospects in general.

Both Rivers and Lin are the definition of journeymen (which isn't an insult). They're not bad players, they just shouldn't be starters on a healthy playoff team. They'll both see several more rosters before they retire. There's also tons of guys at that talent level all over the league who just need minutes and a green light.

Lebron wants help, but I don't think he's interested in scouting prospects and developing players, or he wouldn't have thrown the Cavs prospects under the bus. He wants a known quantity who can handle the ball and create his own shot. The problem is the Cavs have nothing to offer but bad contracts to other teams at this point. Unless you badly want Kevin Love or JR Smith, you aren't getting involved with them this deadline.

And yeah, Ferrell balled his ass off today. But his performance was particularly notable because it's rare to see D-league talent blow up like that inside of a week.

Top Bottom