• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Surfinn

Explain? Why do the Knicks need him?
Do you mean the kings?

The kings need him because he averages almost 30 points a game, he's an all star, he hits huge shots, he's the only one on one player they have. The kings aren't a high scoring team and they need his contribution every night.

A better question is how do they NOT need him?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Can't win em all

At least our nets keep losing

I know! Close call today.

Did you happen to catch the game at all? Jaylen had his ups and downs again, but damn that first step is ridiculous. He also had some insane moves to get free, and rose up for a fierce flush. Celts fans have been saying it all year, but he is like a hair away from so many little things, that when it all comes together he can be special.

He is like that guy that might be good for your team, but...Eh, is he?

I'm fairly certain you're kidding, however I always wonder... is he REALLY a winner? When we went up by 10 or so early I was like yeah this is gonna be a laugher, but the way they kept in it makes me wonder about how much Cousins attitude and quirks holds a team back. IDK it's kind of like when Melo got traded and the nuggets got better.

Bread

Banned
The more I read about Cousins the less I want him anywhere near my team. So talented but he clearly has serious issues and I wouldn't take the risk.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The more I read about Cousins the less I want him anywhere near my team. So talented but he clearly has serious issues and I wouldn't take the risk.

That's pretty much how I feel. His teams have a ceiling and I don't think that's anywhere near a title. On paper he's perfect for this team. He can protect the paint, he can rebound like crazy, he can score down low, he can shoot, he can move the ball... but he's just such a massive headcase.

16508436_10155052637853619_3518124159389680849_n.jpg

And without cousins, lmao.

Anyway they didn't get "smoked", it was tied third quarter. The kings just pulled through with a better game.

mozfan12

Banned
Was gonna watch the Chi v Dubs game but then I saw no Wade or Butler, and decided to do something productive with my life instead.

scoobs

It's not really a "hot take", he didn't play his entire rookie season and he sits out all the time because he's handled with kid gloves. Talk to me when this guy can handle the rigors of a full NBA season.

My point was that everyone has made the exact same point you have just made. I was making fun of you. Carry on.

gutshot

I can see Embiid being injured so much his career becomes a footnote of "What if?" in NBA history.

Nah. His surgically repaired foot is fine. That's the one that could be career altering.

He just tweaked his knee and the Sixers are being extra cautious so that A.) he can play on All-Star weekend and B.) they can showcase Jah and Noel before the trade deadline. If the Sixers were a good team in the playoff hunt, Embiid would be playing right now (and prob Simmons for that matter).

This may be too Warriors specific, but Steve Kerr was interviewed by Bill Simmons for an hour on his podcast: https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/ep-173-steve-kerr

I enjoyed it.

Kerr with awesome insight as usual. I didn't know about David West being a really stand up guy with the potential to be a great community leader. Also Kerr cites West being the major reason why Dray has calmed down this season as apparently Dray looks up to him.

phanphare

Banned
looks like cody zeller will be back tonight and will be starting

huge news, hornets offense looks so lost without cody in the pick and roll game

Not only making it a convo, he was taking the lead IMO given Wiggins stagnation and his year over year improvement. If it's his ACL I fear for his career. Michael Redd experience all over again for Bucks fans.

It's not always THAT bad. Unless it keeps happening.

But some players who suffer an ACL injury also come back stronger than before.

Fjordson

I could be wrong, but I think a meniscus tear is the one where you hear about people coming back at least as strong or even stronger. Like Westbrook a few years back.

Granted everyone heals differently so there's always exceptions.

Is that a thing? I can't think of anyone who was stronger after recovery.

Adrian Peterson (NFL), Alex Morgan (Women's Soccer), Shaun Livingston (you can argue if he's better or not than he was before, i guess), Jammal Crawford and pretty sure that Tom Brady also had an ACL injury. I know that there's a few other basketball players at least from old times that have done it before and came back fine.

Most of what these have in the common is that like Jabari, it happened when they were still youngish so there's no need to just cry about Jabari's career just yet.

EDIT: oh, he's other injury from before was also an ACL? well, damn.

lmao it's definitely not, maybe he was confusing ACL with tommy john?

What? UCL is the elbow , why would i confuse it? ...

Top Bottom