• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Messi

I liked Brewer :(

One last time

source.gif

Would Celtics fans be willing to give up brown / both Brooklyn picks / two of Bradley / Smart / Crowder for both George and Butler? (Or throw in their own 1st rounder instead of one of the players)?

For a combination of two guys as good as those two I'd include almost anything.

Tubobutts

I would have liked a better pick than Houston's but it's better than nothing. Now trade Nick Young.

And hope someone is stupid enough to take Deng/Mozgov. I hear the Kings could use a big man.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
haha Morey got it done

what a steal

Now get me a big!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lou Williams doesn't play well in playoffs.

Well Corey Brewer can't play or do anything well besides trip over his own feet...

I'll take my chances with Lou taking his mins

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damn that's a nice swap for the rockets. That's really the best option the Lakers had? What happened to the hornets pick?

Bread

Banned
Would Celtics fans be willing to give up brown / both Brooklyn picks / two of Bradley / Smart / Crowder for both George and Butler? (Or throw in their own 1st rounder instead of one of the players)?
Yeah if we could keep Smart and get those 2 I'd absolutely do it. That team would be fucking awesome.

Yo does any body know if Corey brewers contract has a team option at the end of this season? Cause if not then wtf I don't want another year of Corey brewer on the team. The 1st plus a player for Lou will is fair. Im gonna miss Lou will though. Wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Yo does any body know if Corey brewers contract has a team option at the end of this season? Cause if not then wtf I don't want another year of Corey brewer on the team. The 1st plus a player for Lou will is fair. Im gonna miss Lou will though. Wish him the best in his future endeavors.

It's not like the Lakers are going to be contenders that need cap space in a year. But he does have one more year on his deal, no options.

Matrix

Aww man, I kind of liked Brewer. Daryl Morey always busy as usual.

How did Lou Williams look this season, Mort?

He scores more than EGO and can handle the ball better/get to the ft line better than any Rocket not named Harden.

Any Rockets fan sad to see Brewer go... just feels bad for the guy since he's a nice guy. He's a awful NBA player now & his contract is worse than Lou's.

Brinbe

Masai needs to get on that for Gallo or Chandler. Our 1st and Sully/CoJo is doable? Either would be a huge improvement on Carroll.

ezcpKr1.png

Mortemis

Banned
Aww man, I kind of liked Brewer. Daryl Morey always busy as usual.

How did Lou Williams look this season, Mort?

He's been an explosion of offense off the bench. Not much (or any) defense though, but can take over games. Cool dude too.

I think he'll do great in D'Antoni's offense with the other players on the rockets. Just wasn't all that good to keep him on the lakers since he took minutes from DLo and didn't really get the younger players like Ingram or Nance involved in the offense.

Matrix

Watch Brewer start hitting all his corner 3's now that he has no pressure on him playing for the Lakers that are clearly in tank/rebuild mode.

I mean Brewer did score 51 points against the Rockets once haha

HOLY SHIT BASED MOREY IN MOREY WE TRUST.

I fucking knew it. Morey can't help himself. He can't help himself one bit. The man has to make moves.

Also, Ryno got engaged over the break, and that's so fucking amazing for him given how tragic his love life had previously been.

Also, goodbye Brewer. Goodbye, last of the brotherhood of headbands. I will never forget what you, J-Smoove, and Jason Terry did for us in 2015. All-time Rockets, for that series alone

Watch Brewer start hitting all his corner 3's now that he has no pressure on him playing for the Lakers that are clearly in tank/rebuild mode.

I mean Brewer did score 51 points against the Rockets once haha

I'm gonna be honest for a second.

I'm cool with this. I'd totally be fine with him doing this.

By all accounts he was friendly with everyone in the locker room.

Brinbe

HOLY SHIT BASED MOREY IN MOREY WE TRUST.

I fucking knew it. Morey can't help himself. He can't help himself one bit. The man has to make moves.

Also, Ryno got engaged over the break, and that's so fucking amazing for him given how tragic his love life had previously been.

Also, goodbye Brewer. Goodbye, last of the brotherhood of headbands. I will never forget what you, J-Smoove, and Jason Terry did for us in 2015. All-time Rockets, for that series alone

That's awesome news on Ryno. Genuinely happy for him. If anyone isn't aware of his past, read through this http://www.si.com/nba/2014/11/13/ryan-anderson-gia-allemand

DMczaf

The Lakers just traded their only remotely consistent player. The tank is going full steam. They might win <5 games the rest of the year.

Does the Magic hire mean they are dedicated to that decade tank ? &#129300;

What happens when you get 10 straight top 3 picks? &#129300;&#129300;&#129300;

You know, of course Morey swoops in like that. It would be funny if somehow, the Wizards and Jazz were leading in that discussion, and Morey somehow knows what's happening with the Lakers, and OF COURSE he's the one with the trade as soon as the Lakers GM gets fired.

Fuck it, Pelinka being Harden's agent might have had something to do with this too, Harden got much more involved with the franchise as a whole, recruiting, etc. this past off-season. Hell, Calvin Watkins(?) had a tweet saying Harden spent so much of the ASG just passing to possibly help recruiting, and Morey liked the tweet.

The one thing I might worry about is if Gordon + Lou works, they're both bench scorers that can distribute some and create, but they're score first. Defensively, it hurts too. That being said, too many times Gordon is off and it's hurting, having two possibilities for bench scorers (and the two leading 6MOY?) can't hurt.

Beverley needs to start with Harden, he complements him really well, but given that we've already been staggering the 3 guards, and Beverley + Gordon and Harden + Gordon are both common lineups, I imagine Beverley's minutes can be used to mitigate a major ball-handling and defensive issues that Lou + Gordon might cause.

That being said, Gordon, when he's on with Harden, can also be a spot up shooter, so he should be able to take a complementary role to Lou

It's not the cap space, it's the roster spot. I really don't want to watch Corey brewer.

Let me teach you a little secret right here young padwan.

Those games when Brewer nails a 3? The Lakers are about to win. Forget those games Brewer hit a 3 and the Rockets lost, those don't count, Brewer hitting a 3 is basically a 120% guarantee that you've won that game.

Matrix

I'm gonna be honest for a second.

I'm cool with this. I'd totally be fine with him doing this.

By all accounts he was friendly with everyone in the locker room.

Knowing Brewer he will, which would hurt the Lakers. Lakers fans want and need him to continue be Sewer. That helps them out more.

Top Bottom