• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Knowing Brewer he will, which would hurt the Lakers. Lakers fans want and need him to continue be Sewer. That helps them out more.

Oh, no, he can be Corey-fucking-"intangibles"-Brewer for them, but I'm saying I wouldn't be mad if for one game, he drops 52 on the Rockets.

The poor man's goat died after the 1st year in Houston and he hasn't been the same since. Hope he finds his goat in L.A.

Let me teach you a little secret right here young padwan.

Those games when Brewer nails a 3? The Lakers are about to win. Forget those games Brewer hit a 3 and the Rockets lost, those don't count, Brewer hitting a 3 is basically a 120% guarantee that you've won that game.

Sounds like you hit the brewery..congrats on picking up Lou Will, dude is a certified assassin.

Looks like Lakers are not done. Nick Young is next. They're listening to offers, if any..

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Yeah if we could keep Smart and get those 2 I'd absolutely do it. That team would be fucking awesome.

For a combination of two guys as good as those two I'd include almost anything.

So basically

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zovn6f2

Amir Johnson, Jaylen Brown, the 2017 Brooklyn Pick, and the 2019 Memphis Pick for Jimmy Butler

Bradley, Crowder, the 2018 Brooklyn Pick, 2018 Celtics Pick, 2019 Clippers Pick for Paul George

Hrm, yeah, hard to do that without giving up Smart to the Bulls as well. Problem is that the Celtics and Clippers picks are high 20s. But that would be the team that could potentially challenge GSW this year.

First world problems, but for those trying to keep a concise Twitter feed, Zach Lowe can be an annoying source for NBA news. He tends to tweet commentary on news items without ever tweeting (or retweeting, as it were) the actual news item.

This is him earlier on the Lakers' shakeup:

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA 9 hours ago
AND HERE COME THE LAKERS

Did they trade for someone? Did they kill Kenny? What happened? A subsequent tweet referenced Magic, but he never revealed that Kupchak and Buss were out and Magic was in.

And then the Houston move:

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA 2 hours ago
Footnote that probably won't be important: no protections on the Rockets pick heading to Lakers, source says.

Thanks, Zach. Informative.

Yes, first world problem, as I mentioned earlier. But it would be nice if he would assume everyone isn't following the same people he's following.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

(Leave Okafor Alone.)

First world problems, but for those trying to keep a concise Twitter feed, Zach Lowe can be an annoying source for NBA news. He tends to tweet commentary on news items without ever tweeting (or retweeting, as it were) the actual news item.

This is him earlier on the Lakers' shakeup:

Did they trade for someone? Did they kill Kenny? What happened? A subsequent tweet referenced Magic, but he never revealed that Kupchak and Buss were out and Magic was in.

And then the Houston move:

Thanks, Zach. Informative.

Yes, first world problem, as I mentioned earlier. But it would be nice if he would assume everyone isn't following the same people he's following.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

(Leave Okafor Alone.)

That tweet about pick protections seems pretty straightforward.

Masai needs to get on that for Gallo or Chandler. Our 1st and Sully/CoJo is doable? Either would be a huge improvement on Carroll.

ezcpKr1.png

Lowry is already leading the NBA in MPG, you're going to kill him

Calvin Watkins said:
The Rockets informed Corey Brewer he was traded to the Lakers following Tuesday's practice. "Yeah, I was surprised," Brewer said to ESPN. "I wasn't expecting to be moved. Teams are trying to makes moves at the deadline. (Houston) wanted another scorer and they made the trade. I respect their decision." Brewer's shot just wasn't consistent with the Rockets. He was averaging a career-low 4.2 points per game and despite shooting 50 percent from the field the past seven games, he shot just 28.9 percent in the previous 10 games. "If I was making shots, I would probably still be here, you never know," Brewer said. "I love Houston I don't want to leave but I have no choice. I hope my shots starts falling with the Lakers."

Houston Rockets Full COMEBACK Highlights 2015 WCSF G6 at Clippers - UNBELIEVABLE!

bVuTJ9N.jpg

Fuck man, I didn't expect to be so emotional about Brewer leaving...

I wish we could bring J-Smoove, Brewer, and Jason Terry on vet mins, never play them, except against the Clippers. I miss them sometimes, even if the 2015 Houston team had one of the weirdest runs to the WCF ever

Lou Williams probably not (still needs to do physical, which I believe is scheduled for tommorow or Friday), Cousins is a possibility. I think he's a game time decision.

Magic may be able to turn things around what do yall think?

In all honestly he is being a car salesman in a way or that is how he is presenting his plan. It may not be entirely accurate to call him that but he seems like his plan is to talk shit up like it's grade A cheese to players.

it seems they have been having a hard time bringing talent in and getting players to believe in the team (which is sort of strange)

I guess when things are soured at the present time that's just how it rolls though.

So, does magic have what it takes to really turn it around in a few years? I'm not sold on thier young players just yet but if they were able to do things their own way and maybe show what can be done with a grade A point and trying to get a big center and shooters around that, I'd be behind that for sure. Catch everyone off guard with some D and power play while everyone is going small.

Someone is going to end up dominating in the paint in the next four years (may take longer) but I can see or hope it comes.

I was watching that recent interview with magic and Jen earlier today, he really talks things up (was talking Lou up big time) I think if he can get people to really believe in what he is saying he may make some good deals. Like he was saying, finding some folks with connections could go a long way too.

spyder_ur

I still say one of Crowder/Bradley/Smart, one nets pick, and some combo of smaller assets (future non nets firsts, Yabu, Zizic, Terry, etc) for Butler. I don't think that will get him but I don't think he's worth more.

Jacce

Banned
Sounds like Ainge doesn't want to trade Crowder in part of a package for Butler.

I think Andre Drummond for the Brooklyn pick + whatever assets make the money work is more likely than Jimmy Butler or Paul George at this point.

If Celtics get a trade to work for the Brooklyn pick, it's going to be Drummond.

Bread

Banned
I still say one of Crowder/Bradley/Smart, one nets pick, and some combo of smaller assets (future non nets firsts, Yabu, Zizic, Terry, etc) for Butler. I don't think that will get him but I don't think he's worth more.
Sadly it seems like Bradley's injury is going to be the reason we have to ship out Smart or Crowder. He was having such a good year until it happened too.

NHale

The question seems to be if the Celtics value Butler as a true superstar or not. The Bulls appear to value him as such especially considering his very friendly contract situation (4 years remaining at ~19M/year is a steal nowadays) which is why they would make a high demand.

To me he doesn't seem to be the guy missing for the Celtics to truly contend which is why I wouldn't bet the farm on him. I think they miss a big guy that can rebound and protect the rim to contend against the Cavs. Unfortunately Drummond sleeps too much on defense to be that piece.

Tom Penny

Sounds like Ainge doesn't want to trade Crowder in part of a package for Butler.
It would barely make the roster better since they wouldn't have a small forward that can shoot. Crowder is like 40% from 3 which would help open the floor more for IT and Butler to drive. I think Butler is a SG. Not sure what he plays on the Bulls. Drummond makes like nine million more per than Butler. I don't think he is a target.

Gigglepoo

All this talk of Magic "saving" the Lakers is such garbage. They're in a normal decline that every NBA team goes through. This isn't like the Knicks, who have been mostly bad for 20 years. That organization would be "saved" no matter who was put in charge.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The question seems to be if the Celtics value Butler as a true superstar or not. The Bulls appear to value him as such especially considering his very friendly contract situation (4 years remaining at ~19M/year is a steal nowadays) which is why they would make a high demand.

To me he doesn't seem to be the guy missing for the Celtics to truly contend which is why I wouldn't bet the farm on him. I think they miss a big guy that can rebound and protect the rim to contend against the Cavs. Unfortunately Drummond sleeps too much on defense to be that piece.

Butler is ranked #2 in the league by +- RPM, and is a top 5 player in the league (and the second best two way player in the league next to Kawhi). Ainge is either a moron or hoping that Billy King is consulting the Bulls.

Bread

Banned
Butler is ranked #2 in the league by +- RPM, and is a top 5 player in the league (and the second best two way player in the league next to Kawhi). Ainge is either a moron or hoping that Billy King is consulting the Bulls.
lol where the hell is this coming from? Because he doesn't want to include Crowder?

Crowder and Butler are not only complementary players, they also played together at Marquette. Ainge likely wants them together.

Tom Penny

Not really. He knows the age and contact length of all the players. Horford IT and AL surrounded by nothing sucking up the whole cap isn't getting them over the top unless your heard about a hit being put on Lebron. If the price is too high you stay the course. I bet there are teams that would like to have a top 10 record with a top 4 pick guaranteed going to them..

jbug617

Banned
The Pacers are working the trade deadline on parallel fronts: Pursuing deals that will bring talent into Indiana to sell George on signing a long-term extension – and soliciting deal offers on George that would signal a rebuild around center Myles Turner, league sources told The Vertical.

Ultimately, the Pacers will have to evaluate the two paths and make a decision before Thursday’s 3 p.m. ET deadline. There’s no urgency to make a deal for George, unless the Pacers fear the Boston Celtics could ultimately provide Indiana the best possible package of assets in a deal – and think that option could disappear if Boston makes a deal with Chicago for Jimmy Butler.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-pacers-assessing-trade-market-for-paul-george-180740295.html

According to Woj, Pacers are scared that George will leave the Pacers for the Lakers in 2018

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA 9m9 minutes ago

Sources on @TheVertical: Indiana assessing trade market on All-Star forward Paul George.

Top Bottom