• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Cool. Hope the Celts stay healthy.

There's still karmic retribution coming for Olynyk.

8X3Wrjr.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Wow that doesn't look good. His feet was trapped and then he gets the knee hyperextension. I hope he's fine and there's nothing seriously wrong with him. He's amazingly talented and I like to see him out there competing.

What exactly is a hyperextended knee? Is it really career threatening?

It's not a big deal tbh, if that's what it is than crisis avoided. he may have sprained a ligament or two, but his ACL should be fine and that's the most crucial of the bunch given it's entire lack of blood supply and recovery time. i doubt it's serious. It did look like his foot was planted which is the bad news, however you don't tear an ACL bending the knee the way it bent.

I should note that Jabari was given the same initial evaluation. Best case, he's out for a few weeks, probably more due to being cautious. Worst case, he tore a meniscus, and I doubt he has it removed at the age of 29, so it would be a few months of recovery

"Sources: Warriors, Kevin Durant's inner-circle bracing for tough news on KD's knee, awaiting MRI result. Fear is he's out months, not weeks." - @WojVerticalNBA

Not sure how much that matters without the test results back.

Blablurn

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
1m

Sources: Warriors, Kevin Durant's inner-circle bracing for tough news on KD's knee, awaiting MRI result. Fear is he's out months, not weeks.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
23s

Warriors and Durant will know full extent of injury after tests on Wednesday, but there's real doubt about a regular season return.

Should make things quite interesting.

Hope new Orleans can get something together and make the playoffs. They need some confidence and another player to step up Stat

Was Zaza flopping at all?

NHale

Warriors fans and NBA fans have to hope this ends up exactly like Steph Curry last season. The first "diagnosis" after Game 4 vs. Rockets was a hyperextended knee but the outlook before his MRI wasn't good and everyone was waiting for the news about being out of the entire playoffs. I seriously hope the news is at least as good for KD, he could very well have just an hyperextended knee or something much worse. Until the MRI nobody knows for sure.

The fact they signed Barnes could be seen as an immediate reaction to him being out for the rest of the season, or just Warriors being safe about the rest of the regular season. At least if it ends up being just an hyperextended knee, they can rest KD until he's 100% healthy unlike Steph Curry last year.

Randle can fill a stat sheet sometimes. If his Jumper weren't so busted he could be an all star.

The Lakers young core baffles me. I look at Randle and sometimes he does feel he could be Draymond Green-lite for the Lakers, other games he look like a 10th guy on a decent team. I hope he works on the range of his jumper and can be a lot more consistent.

The problem with Randle to me is that in the modern NBA he doesn't have the size or defensive ability to make up for lack of size to be a 5 or the range to spread the floor on offense as a 4.

Jacce

Banned
Warriors bench is better than last year. A team with Steph, Klay, and Draymond is still a title contender. Just a more human one. Warriors are still the favorites even without KD, thats how good they are.

Warriors bench is better than last year. A team with Steph, Klay, and Draymond is still a title contender. Just a more human one. Warriors are still the favorites even without KD, thats how good they are.

Only issue Cavs could have is chemistry or if somehow Lebron goes down (damn near impossible). Warriors even with that talent still have to go though the Western Conference guantlet whereas the Cavs will probably sweep their way through again.

Jacce

Banned
Over the past 12 games the best 3 man lineup in the NBA is Stanley Johnson, Tobias Harris, and Ish Smith in Detroit. #2 is KD, Steph, and Klay.

lol what.

As much as I have disliked the Warriors I wouldn't want to see the Clippers make it. San Antonio would actually be a little boring for me too.

I'd any of the following teams to make a run

Boston
OKC
Rockets
Toronto

I don't really dislike the Spurs but they aren't doing anything that looks that entertaining for me recently.

Only issue Cavs could have is chemistry or if somehow Lebron goes down (damn near impossible). Warriors even with that talent still have to go though the Western Conference guantlet whereas the Cavs will probably sweep their way through again.

Depends. If the Wizards drop through 4th seed, then the Cavs are looking at a:

Pistons/Heat/Bucks -> Wizards -> Raptors

playoff route, which, if Lowry is back by then, is actually decently formidable, given the additions the Raptors have made.

Just saw that Durant play. Looks like Zaza was trying to sell a foul, but it's tough to tell. Hopefully, Durant can bounce back in time for the playoffs. It'll be a lot less interesting if he's sidelined.

Sanjuro

Maybe Amare is still available?

Former Phoenix Suns and New York Knicks All-Star Amar'e Stoudemire says he would take measures to avoid a teammate if he found out that player is gay.

"I'm going to shower across the street, make sure my change of clothes are around the corner," Stoudemire said in an interview with Israeli website Walla Sport. "And I'm going to drive -- take a different route to the gym."

OH.

rambis

Banned
By what measure? They're smaller and less talented with Speights, Bogut and Barbosa gone and Iggy looking slightly worst. As bad as Max Barnes was they would really miss him if KD wasnt there. I could see the Rockets beating them without KD.

The two biggest issues the Warriors have without Durant
- He's by far their most consistent shooter. This is mitigated by Curry recently getting back into his 2016 form, but it's still important, especially against a Rockets match-up, where the Warriors biggest advantage, by far, is their consistency.

- Rim protection. Durant + Draymond was huge for helping prevent successful drives to the basket.

Now, it's not all bad. Someone on reddit pointed this out:

The question is, can he get back into form, at least enough for the Dubs to beat whoever they play in the WCF, when he comes back. I imagine, if they get to the finals, he'll be closer to his normal form.

The most serious concern is the Warriors dropping to the 2nd seed. They're on their longest road stretch of the year right now, and in their schedule, have the following matches:

- A home game against the Celtics (only close home game)
- A road game against the Spurs on a back2back with the Timberwolves
- A road game against the Thunder
- A home game against the Grizzlies
- An away game against the Rockets, followed by an away game against the Spurs (B2B), followed by a home game against the Rockets (Rockets on a B2B after playing the Blazers)

- A home game against the Wizards
- Finishing up the season, 3 home games, against the Pelicans, Jazz, and the Lakers.

The Spurs and Rockets only have one game left against each other, hurting their chances of hurting each other's standings. While the Rockets have a seriously formidable March, their schedule is lightened up for the rest of the season in general.

For the Spurs:
http://www.nba.com/spurs/schedule/

Cavs, 1 Clippers (on a back 2 back), a Rockets, 3 Grizzlies, 2 Jazz, 1 Thunder

The clipper game is the only back to back of those games. Formidable, but they have a shot at taking the 1st seed.

If the Warriors fall to 2nd seed, then they're facing either the Thunder or the Grizzlies (ouch) first round. Both teams had a front-loaded schedule, but the Thunder seem to be on a roll right now, and apparently have the 2nd easiest schedule for the rest of the year. If the Warriors face the Grizzlies first round, ouch.

Tbh, I would seriously like the Grizzlies to fall to 7th seed. Because fuck anything and everything forest animals seem to the Rockets. The Grizzlies are only slightly below the Warriors on teams I would want to face first round.

Get out of the 1st round, and they're probably facing the Rockets. After that, either the Spurs or Clippers (Clippers tend to do well against the Spurs). I think Spurs series is definitely competitive, but if KD is coming back a little before then, and ESPECIALLY if they're playing the Clippers in the WCF, I think I'm, in some ways, less worried about the WCF.

At the WCF and Finals, the match-up is similar to a more grueling version of what the Warriors were already dealing with. I think the Grizzlies and Rockets series, where they wouldn't have KD, would be the serious upset threats, and what the Warriors would most have to worry about.

Breaking.. Bone Bruise.. out weeks

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...te-warriors-miss-least-four-weeks-bone-bruise

"The Warriors announced that he is out indefinitely and would be re-evaluated in four weeks."

Good to hear.

He might still play in the regular season, but I'd bet the Warriors reintroduce him VERY SLOWLY in round 1 of the playoffs. By round 2 he's back.

West is way more shaky suddenly, 1st seed and a decent 1st round match-up are suddenly up for grabs, the Spurs and Rockets have a significantly buffed shot at the finals, the Clippers a buffed shot at the WCF, but at the same time we get to see the super-Dubs back together for the playoffs, hopefully

Top Bottom