• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

C5mvYMaWAAA98zT.jpg

Otto Porter, ladies and gentlemen

teepo

despite the wiz win, i have to call out the garbage refs.

21-3 free-throws in the 2nd half at one point in gsw's favor.

Wow that doesn't look good. His feet was trapped and then he gets the knee hyperextension. I hope he's fine and there's nothing seriously wrong with him. He's amazingly talented and I like to see him out there competing.

jman2050

It's hard to believe that in three years and with no cap space the Cavs non Big-3+Thompson went from Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett and a bunch of random bench dudes to JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, Channing Frye, Richard Jefferson, Kyle Korver, Derrick Williams, Deron Williams, and now Andrew Bogut. And of course no draft picks but I doubt anyone cares.

LeGM did some work.

It's hard to believe that in three years and with no cap space the Cavs non Big-3+Thompson went from Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett and a bunch of random bench dudes to JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, Channing Frye, Richard Jefferson, Kyle Korver, Derrick Williams, Deron Williams, and now Andrew Bogut. And of course no draft picks but I doubt anyone cares.

LeGM did some work.

Yeah with everyone healthy this is LeBron's best overall team for sure.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Are back-to-back game's the Warrior's kryptonite this season? Sure their opponents will be in the same shoes come playoffs but Warriors seem particularly weak to it this season.

Why is the tweet that Durant being out for the season the first thing on Twitter? Gave me a heart attack until I realized that (thankfully) it's an old tweet.

I don't like Durant like plenty of people this season, but I pray to god that his injuries are minor at best. It'd be awful if he missed the playoffs, and besides, no one deserves to get injured anyway.

Sandfox

Lou had become too much of a crutch for them offensively.

The problem with Lou is that he dictates how you play when he's in the game due to his strengths and weaknesses. Also, Russell is now getting the plays and some of the minutes that went to him and it's working well.

The problem with Lou is that he dictates how you play when he's in the game due to his strengths and weaknesses. Also, Russell is now getting the plays and some of the minutes that went to him and it's working well.

The problem with Lou is he looks like a shot fighter who's legs are gone. He has nothing to contribute.

plus

Roy Hibbert plays garbage minutes on Denver now. What the hell happened to him?

I always felt that he was hyped up as some defensive juggernaut with that "rule of verticality" crap that refs never call consistently for big men. I honestly think the NBA needed some sort of BS way to let Hibbert get away with obvious fouls in order to hype them up as that sort of gritty, defensive, counterpart to the Heat during the 2012 season. He's always sucked imo, and that one playoff series where he had like 0 pts and 0 reb exposed him for being a stiff.

Obviously with more small ball lineups and jumpshooting bigs nowadays he's lost value, but I think he really used to get the benefit of the doubt with the refs in terms of "verticality" and defending shots and just isn't getting them anymore. I remember some of his attempts to exercise "verticality" where he just jumped forward and decked the offensive player and wouldn't get called for it.

Sandfox

The Warriors are going to sign and then immediately waive Calderon so they can pick up Matt Barnes instead due to the Durant injury.

Does this mean Calderon can't join another playoff team?

I think the rule was players had to be waived by Wednesday to be eligible for the playoffs for another team.

Edit:

NBA players who are waived this week will be joining playoff teams in the hunt for veterans to round out their rosters. As long as the player is waived by his current team on or before March 1, they are eligible for another team's playoff roster.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/2/...r-wire-buyout-options-playoffs-deron-williams

mjp2417

Banned
The Warriors are going to sign and then immediately waive Calderon so they can pick up Matt Barnes instead due to the Durant injury.

Yikes. I doubt this will turn out to be season ending or anything like that, but the Spurs are still only 3 back in the loss column for the 1 seed. Rockets-Spurs (w/ home court)-Cavs would be a brutal gauntlet even for a healthy Warriors squad.

Top Bottom