• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Mortemis

Banned
Yooo that game was so fun. So much fun watching all these guys playing together. Thank you Luke.

This defense is gonna get ran hard this year, but man it'll be fun. Go Lakers

Lakers aren't getting in the lottery this year.

They aren't making the playoffs bro. This was a great opening night but the majority of the roster is still green as shit. They are going to be made to look bad by good/great teams. There's going to be growing pains. It's going to be fun as fuck to watch them develop through all that but they aren't a playoff team.

Was Dantoni really the best available to coach the rockets? He didn't run the Lakers org into the ground but he continued the dig. Hope he doesn't take our 8 seed rockets team from 2016 to out of the playoffs this year...but I think that's where we may be headed

Was Dantoni really the best available to coach the rockets? He didn't run the Lakers org into the ground but he continued the dig. Hope he doesn't take our 8 seed rockets team from 2016 to out of the playoffs his year...but I think that's where we may be headed

Mike is still a really good coach if you give him the right personnel, he just stupidly took 2 jobs (Lakers and Knicks) that were terrible fits for his style. I think the Rockets will be okay under him in the long run.

WE HAVE A BETTER RECORD THEN THE WARRIORS!!!!!!!

Kings and Lakers need to start hating each other again.

Put up another banner.

xl4i5YB.png

Was Dantoni really the best available to coach the rockets? He didn't run the Lakers org into the ground but he continued the dig. Hope he doesn't take our 8 seed rockets team from 2016 to out of the playoffs this year...but I think that's where we may be headed
The Rockets always hire shitty coaches. It's a tradition down there ever since Rudy T left.

Miracle

Nope. We won't be playing a D'Antoni coached team every night and that piss poor D (we showed in the first half especially) is gonna fuck us over on most nights.

25-27 wins is still my guess.

We won't be playing piss poor defense every game either. Especially against a Dantoni team every game either tho.

theWB27

They aren't making the playoffs bro. This was a great opening night but the majority of the roster is still green as shit. They are going to be made to look bad by good/great teams. There's going to be growing pains. It's going to be fun as fuck to watch them develop through all that but they aren't a playoff team.

I should rephrase then....they won't be s lottery team because they suck. I missed the game...but I'm hoping it's one of those if they were in the east they'd be in the playoffs season.

We won't be playing piss poor defense every game either. Especially against a Dantoni team every game either tho.

Defense has been an issue that dogged us in the preseason as well. It's gonna be a process and on most nights, when a game is close late, I expect it to break the other way, especially against veteran teams.

I'm just not getting too high off this win. I think we will still be a really bad team that is finding its way. Sorry, fam.

Miracle

Defense has been an issue that dogged us in the preseason as well. It's gonna be a process and on most nights, when a game is close late, I expect it to break the other way, especially against veteran teams.

I'm just not getting too high off this win. I think we will still be a really bad team that is finding its way. Sorry, fam.

We've played a lot of scrubs minutes in the preseason. Yi, Huertas, AB, etc big minutes. 2 of those names not even on the team anymore.

Defense is obviously a work in progress but again, we won't be playing Dantoni teams every game so I'm optimistic.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
More important for the Lakers than the actual win was just being able to show they could come out and compete and for the kids to be able to handle things. I know its against a D'antoni defense, but it still projects well. I dont think they are making the playoffs or anything, but its the kind of first step that you'd want to see coming out of this team.

Mike is still a really good coach if you give him the right personnel, he just stupidly took 2 jobs (Lakers and Knicks) that were terrible fits for his style. I think the Rockets will be okay under him in the long run.

Guaranteed salary for him and his staff.

Had to take those gigs.

tumblr_ofovsv3Ni71qi7vf4o1_540.jpg

50 points, 16 rebounds, 5 assists, 7 steals, 4 blocks

my boy AD had one of the great performances from a big man in the modern era ever and the dude STILL lost :(

Miracle

More important for the Lakers than the actual win was just being able to show they could come out and compete and for the kids to handle to be able to handle things. I know its against a D'antoni defense, but it still projects well. I dont think they are making the playoffs or anything, but its the kind of first step that you'd want to see coming out of this team.

Looked at the Rockets board and even they are giving Luke Walton props.

It feels so good to finally have a coach that's not retarded anymore. Mike Brown and Byron Scott almost gave me cancer.

I think Ingram is going to play that role except starting and being a way better player.

Ingram is the real deal. Proud of him today. Especially with the lack of touches he got he still produced and was very valuable.

Once he's not on the court with Lou Will anymore, he's gonna wreck havoc.

All I asked of the Lakers this season is to be interesting/fun after the doldrums of Byron's reign and that the kids develop.

Looks like I'm going to actually enjoy this season.

Sandfox

Looked at the Rockets board and even they are giving Luke Walton props.

It feels so good to finally have a coach that's not retarded anymore. Mike Brown and Byron Scott almost gave me cancer.

Ingram is the real deal. Proud of him today. Especially with the lack of touches he got he still produced and was very valuable.

Once he's not on the court with Lou Will anymore, he's gonna wreck havoc.

I think he works with Lou. The real issue is when you pair Lou with Calderon or Huertas.

Hello Mama!

Isn't it nice to actually care about the games again?

The last 2 seasons absolutely drained me. I couldn't even watch. It wasn't the losses...the style of play. It was such garbage. I couldn't handle Byron.

I feel like I'm alive again!

Luke Walton, got his cool from Bill and his basketball mind from Phil. Such a fantastic hire.

We got in on the ground level, man!

EDIT: The Wesley Johnson/Carlos Boozer Era sucked my soul.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Luke Walton, got his cool from Bill and his basketball mind from Phil. Such a fantastic hire.

We got in on the ground level, man!

EDIT: The Wesley Johnson/Carlos Boozer Era sucked my soul.

For once I'm not gonna be rooting for Ls the whole season lol. I fully expect to lose our pick but for once there will be hope for the future.

Wow. I had way more fun watching the Lakers play today than whatever garbage Byron Scott was doing last season. Gonna be a fun year watching the young guys develop and grow.

Miracle

I think he works with Lou. The real issue is when you pair Lou with Calderon or Huertas.

My problem with it is the constant times I don't see Ingram touch the ball on several possessions, and those times where Lou is literally looking at Ingram...then turns around and passes elsewhere lol.

That pissed me off. Freezing Ingram for no reason like that. :(

Oh yeah! Preach!

Fuck Byron.

You know what, every Laker related post I make, it's gonna have "Fuck Byron" in it.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Now we know that Winner Walton was the real coach of the Warriors and not Loser Kerr. Sad.

Yes, I'm going to milk and enjoy every last second of this insignificant moment in sports -- you're god damn right.

Miracle

Clarkson on the second team is feasting, dude's gonna eat this year.

Easy 6th man of the year every year.

And if for any reason we do go lotto this year (while improving) and keep the pick yet again, draft that Faultz guy and have a Russell-Faultz backcourt with Clarkson as 6th man...that's fucking BEAST for years to come. :p

Fuck Byron.

Top Bottom