• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

phanphare

Banned
Ignoring everything else about this vicious attack on Okafor, this is more proof Seth the only good Curry.

I'll forever be salty that the bobcats/hornets didn't take a chance with seth curry. he went to duke so you know he was well coached in college and he's fucking dell curry's son. draft fucking sean may but pass on seth? cmon

TTG

Warriors gaf, how we doing fam? I was at Disneyland all day yesterday, the timing was perfect, tonight I'm thinking a little Horizon to unwind and skip the games. Maybe open my Kindle for the first time in a week, skipping all sports podcasts as well. Didn't even know they got Matt Barnes until just now.

Cornbread78

Warriors gaf, how we doing fam? I was at Disneyland all day yesterday, the timing was perfect, tonight I'm thinking a little Horizon to unwind and skip the games. Maybe open my Kindle for the first time in a week, skipping all sports podcasts as well. Didn't even know they got Matt Barnes until just now.

Warriors fans went to sleep the moment Durant was signed. They are just waiting for the finals to come around.

TTG

Warriors fans went to sleep the moment Durant was signed. They are just waiting for the finals to come around.

I meant in the aftermath of the tragedy that struck in Washington. I assume Durant will have an above the knee amputation this week so... just checking in on people.

Cornbread78

I meant in the aftermath of the tragedy that struck in Washington. I assume Durant will have an above the knee amputation this week so... just checking in on people.

OH, wouldn't that be a twist..... At least we might actually get a good series out of S.A vs. G.S if that was the case.

Fjordson

Still a little depressed.

This team was really fun to watch and even the sheer novelty of Kevin Durant in a Warriors jersey hadn't worn off for me, so to lose all that for the next month or two is a bummer. Also, losing a star two years in a row to an MCL sprain on super random, freak plays (Zaza falling and Steph slipping on the Montiejunas sweat) is pretty annoying.

But Warriors being underdogs is honestly what I'm used to, so I'm still excited to see how the Splash bros and Draymond will respond, even if our title expectations have changed. Also happy for KD that this wasn't a more serious injury and shouldn't bother him in future seasons.

TTG

I tried In-N-Out for the first time today.

Pretty good.

Good for you, now go to the real king of fast food chains: Habit Burger. They opened a Shake Shack here, I went once and promptly returned to Habit. If the lines weren't such a killer it would be closer, but Habit would probably still win out.

jey_16

Banned
Did not realise what a stacked roster the Cavs have now with the latest signings, is there anyway they don't win it all? Any team that comes out of the west is going to be battered and if it is the warriors, you don't know what shape Durant it going to be in

And over a 7 game series, I just don't see LeBron and Kyrie losing

Marz

Did not realise what a stacked roster the Cavs have now with the latest signings, is there anyway they don't win it all? Any team that comes out of the west is going to be battered and if it is the warriors, you don't know what shape Durant it going to be in

And over a 7 game series, I just don't see LeBron and Kyrie losing

I think this is the best team LeBron has ever had. The Cavs roster as currently constructed has everything but an elite rim protector.

The problem is the Warriors roster is still better. Reminds me of the 98 Jazz-Bulls, the Jazz team was pretty clearly the better team that year, but Michael Jordan just willed his team to victory by being the best player on the planet. LeBron is going to have to do that. If Durant isn't 100% though I think the Cavs should be favored.

Well, they said Durant just didn't want to play in Washington... now he didn't have to.
but if he amputates, he can just attach Nate Robinson as a prosthetic

But I think we'll be all right in the short term.
If we can hold it down this week, then all I'm worried about next week is Boston and SA.

Hopefully Curry can activate Super Saiyan status and go 2016 regular season for us for the rest of the regular and post season. then we have nothing to worry about.

The best way to improve the lottery/draft is to get rid of that bullshit entirely and open up the free market.

Short of that, I'd still like to see them institute some kind of penalty for teams that are complete garbage for multiple years. Ping pong balls should be weighted more for how many years you've been in the lottery.

The best way to improve the lottery/draft is to get rid of that bullshit entirely and open up the free market.

Short of that, I'd still like to see them institute some kind of penalty for teams that are complete garbage for multiple years. Ping pong balls should be weighted more for how many years you've been in the lottery.

Wouldn't that promote intentional tanking?

Top Bottom