• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Oh Shit!!! that hail mary 3 from the other three point line.

The rest of the league has sucked the essence of Curry out of Curry... no wonder he has gone dry.

One True Curry.

Btpf1RP.jpg

Sacramento, don't let this guy go. Him and Boogie can be a nice tandem for the future. You have something here.

Yea man, Bulls do a good job of playing up to their competition. Their problem is that they often play down to their competition too. If every game is hard, you're going to find yourself in 50/50 situations and you're going to lose half of your games. Hence, the Bulls record.

I wouldn't want to have to be bothered with them in the playoffs. Hopefully they hang around the the 6 or 7 seed or whatever.

C59heSOVMAAB_bT.jpg

I love this kid so much. Still believe he'll be back and be a star. Trust the Process.

Yea man, Bulls do a good job of playing up to their competition. Their problem is that they often play down to their competition too. If every game is hard, you're going to find yourself in 50/50 situations and you're going to lose half of your games. Hence, the Bulls record.

I wouldn't want to have to be bothered with them in the playoffs. Hopefully they hang around the the 6 or 7 seed or whatever.

I imagine this is the one reason why Toronto is actually fine with not having the 3rd seed.

I honestly see the Bulls threatening, or even taking, the series from the Celtics or Raptors. They have 2 players that tend to go off in the playoffs (Wade, and National TV Rondo), Butler, can rely more on their shorter rotation, etc.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I hope you're right but I have some serious doubts that he'll ever be a guy you can count on to play a whole season. He couldn't even last half a season on restricted minutes.

There's no reason to believe anything different than this. There is next to no chance he ever seriously contributes to a team outside of small stretches.

Brandson

I imagine this is the one reason why Toronto is actually fine with not having the 3rd seed.

I honestly see the Bulls threatening, or even taking, the series from the Celtics or Raptors. They have 2 players that tend to go off in the playoffs (Wade, and National TV Rondo), Butler, can rely more on their shorter rotation, etc.

I really don't want the Raptors to have to face the Bulls early in the playoffs. Wade almost beat us by himself last playoffs and even before him the Butler Bulls were Raptors kryptonite. I don't see Toronto winning a series with both of those guys healthy. Raptors fans just want to pile up more playoff series wins. Falling back to a first round exit would really sting.

I really don't want the Raptors to have to face the Bulls early in the playoffs. Wade almost beat us by himself last playoffs and even before him the Butler Bulls were Raptors kryptonite. I don't see Toronto winning a series with both of those guys healthy. Raptors fans just want to pile up more playoff series wins. Falling back to a first round exit would really sting.

That's what I'm saying. Tbf, I don't know how they do with Ibaka and Tucker now, but the Bulls seem to always kill the Raptors. I see them making some sort of run this year.

Of the 3 ECF 2nd tier teams, only the Wizards have a winning record against the Bulls.

Also, I think Spoelstra deserves COTY if the Heat make it into the playoffs. This 17-3 run has been ridiculous

ACE 1991

There's no reason to believe anything different than this. There is next to no chance he ever seriously contributes to a team outside of small stretches.

Purely conjecture, unless you have some insider information that no one else does. He could be a perennially injured played and he could not. I'm encouraged that his foot didn't experience any re-aggravation for the games he did play, and from what I've read the meniscus tear is a very common injury. Embiid definitely needs to learn how to play less recklessly, though.

Cornbread78

All these hot takes on the Warriors right now are lolololol,

The golden team will be there at the end and we all know it, but at least we can have fun $hitting on the front-running yahoos for the time being...

All these hot takes on the Warriors right now have me are lolololol,

The golden team will be there at the end and we all know it, but at least we can have fun $hitting on the front-running yahoos for the time being...

I'm not so much shitting on them as hoping they drop to 2nd seed and the Grizzlies to 7th seed, because if that happens, I think the entire Western Conference playoffs becomes seriously interesting to watch.

Cornbread78

I'm not so much shitting on them as hoping they drop to 2nd seed and the Grizzlies to 7th seed, because if that happens, I think the entire Western Conference playoffs becomes seriously interesting to watch.

Hmm:
Spurs vs. nuggets = blow-out
Warriors vs. Grizz = blow-out
Rockets vs. Thunder = could be real fun
Jazz vs, Clips = zzzzzzz

As-is:
Warriors vs. Nuggets = blow out
Spurs vs. Thunder = Blow Out
Rockets vs. Grizz = Blow out
JAzz vs. Clips = zzzzz

We would at least get a Rockets vs Thunder series.

Purely conjecture, unless you have some insider information that no one else does. He could be a perennially injured played and he could not. I'm encouraged that his foot didn't experience any re-aggravation for the games he did play, and from what I've read the meniscus tear is a very common injury. Embiid definitely needs to learn how to play less recklessly, though.

Who knows, he could come back next year and play the rest of his career without serious injury concerns but I wouldn't bet on it.

Bread

Banned
Hmm:
Jazz vs, Clips = zzzzzzz

As-is:
JAzz vs. Clips = zzzzz

the fact that you think jazz vs clips would be boring is very telling

Cornbread78

the fact that you think jazz vs clips would be boring is very telling

I haven't watched the Jazz that much, but does that sound like a fun match-up to you?

I mean, watching CP3 and Blake could be fun, but painful to watch a 90 yr old Pierce try to go at it. The Jazz? Well.....

Hmm:
Jazz vs, Clips = zzzzzzz

As-is:
JAzz vs. Clips = zzzzz

Neither of those Grizzlies series are blow-outs.... I seriously fear this Grizzlies team against the Rockets this year

And then, Spurs going to 1st seed means a potential Spurs-Clippers series, and the Spurs seem to be the main team the Clippers can consistently look like a top team against. Compare that to a Warriors-Clippers, which is a blow-out. Warriors-Rockets and Rockets-Spurs are both exciting series, either way, but having two amazing WCSF, and seeing CP3 get a legit shot at the WCF would be nice.

It also means that, if the Warriors get to the WCF, they haven't just swept or gentleman swept the 8th seed and the Clippers (I could see the Jazz going 6 games against them though). They're actually beat-up, as is whatever team emerges from the other playoff bracket.

Warriors without KD, or with a KD that is being slowly reintroduced and clearly isn't at 100%, don't have too worry too much against the 8th seed. But a Grizzlies 1st round both has a chance to upset and is nearly-guaranteed to be a grueling series. After that, you get the Rockets in WCSF, and if the Warriors win that, they face one of the Spurs, Jazz, or Clippers, who are sure to be coming off of a grueling series of their own.

Meanwhile, in the East, Cleveland probably will have a tougher road themselves, with something like: Heat - upgraded Raptors w/Lowry back - Wizards. Cavs aren't going to be sleepwalking to the finals either.

There are actual stakes to many of those match-ups

#notabeliever

I just don't know enough about them (past Hayward) to care that much for that match-up.

Rudy Gobert is a DOPY candidate, and imo should've been an all-star this year. Biggest snub tbh, he's been better than DeAndre. They currently have a top 3 defense.

The other thing is that the Clippers seem to struggle most with keeping up with sheer scoring potential, against a slower, more defensive team like the Jazz, they seem to shine more, actually show their potential. Clippers-Jazz would definitely be fun to watch.

Jazz also have a pretty deep bench, and they've been wrecked by injuries for almost the entire season, with all of their starters, their 6th man, etc. all missing significant time. Iirc, they're healthier now. Also, they were seriously lacking a proper point guard for their offense, and George Hill was making himself a fringe all-star candidate at the beginning of the year before he started to miss games, because he was playing really well for them.

Also

Very much agree, this looks like it could be a fucking great post-season. On the West at least, I really expect Cleveland to steamroll the East again because I don't fully trust the Wizard's late game execution. If Lowry is back fully healthy then the Raptors could be a big challenge, big if though.

Suns won a game. Lakers now tied for 2nd place. The tank is real.

Also it's a long shot, but Durant getting hurt might free up an All NBA team spot at the forward position for a Gordon Hayward or Paul George, making them potential SuperMax eligible players and making things really interesting for two guys who a lot of people have pegged to change teams this offseason.

Suns won a game. Lakers now tied for 2nd place. The tank is real.

Also it's a long shot, but Durant getting hurt might free up an All NBA team spot at the forward position for a Gordon Hayward or Paul George, making them potential SuperMax eligible players and making things really interesting for two guys who a lot of people have pegged to change teams this offseason.

But Hayward's going to be a Celtic.

I think a major reason why I want the Spurs to get 1st seed is also because I'd like Chris Paul to finally get to the conference finals

Imagine Sixers with Fultz and Monk...

Top Bottom