• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

TTG

Pelican guards better not ignore their big men again with the last shot.

EDIT: Jrue is a little shit. I'm used to them ignoring Davis for quarters at a time, now its Cousins and Davis. Delusional peons.

Sandfox

What do you think Porzingis, Turner and Booker are going to turn into then?

I see Porzingis as a second option because I don't think his offensive game lends well to being the focal point of a team. Personally I think he's really good, but overrated.

I'm not sure about Turner. I think he's going to be really good, but I don't if he'll be seen as a star.

I don't really see what Booker is/will be good at other than scoring that is arguably inefficient. He seems to be bad or meh at everything else.

Really digging how the Mavs have been looking lately, Noel had 15 pts/ 17 rebs. He would have gotten more but got into foul trouble and basically had to sit a good chunk of the 4th qtr.

Seth led the team in scoring again, dude is quickly becoming a fan favorite of mine.

Harrison Barnes with a pedestrian 18 but man, Barnes works damn hard for his points. He does a lot of dirty work in the low post and creating his own shots off the dribble in the paint.

Noel looks really great though, he's really, really good in his positioning for rebounding.

Good win over a pretty good team like Memphis, I think the Mavs can easily contend for 4th-6th seed next year. I don't think they'll be championship contenders but they got a bright future.

btw why is Z-Bo coming off the bench?

I seriously doubt Gentry can coach two big men, he was already struggling with just one. The man is better with small ball, and that's not what the Pelicans' personnel is.

He's earned it.

It's a catch-22 at this point. The man gets called for a decent number of bs technicals and fouls, and he asks for some of the other calls. But the bs technicals and fouls obviously will tend to frustrate him (although AD seems pretty good at cooling him off, and he seems to sort of reign it in more in NOLA)

Man, Monty would've been a better fit for these Pelicans. Dude would probably be really good for Boogie, and wouldn't be so unable to utilize his team's talent strengths.

Tbh, this isn't so much a reaction to Pelicans with Boogie, Gentry was probably the coach most likely to be fired for a while now. If he's not gone this year, he'll be gone in the middle of the next season when Pelicans are a little under where they were projected to be internally (don't mean a disastrous season, more that it's just not enough). Pelicans FO should get a good assistant coach, at the very least, that can take over next year.

Sandfox

Russell has been shooting the ball a lot better since the all-star break. Now he needs to stop rushing certain shots like that one at the end of tonights game and start driving a bit more(though part of that has to do with our bigs).

Not great. Eye test and the numbers have jaylen as the better player ATM. Well see how it plays out, the hype on Ingram was through the roof.
Brown is better atm, but I don't recommend the eye test when evaluating because it lies. Ingram needs to get his jumpshot falling at a higher clip in addition to the obvious gains he needs for his body, because that will open up easier shots for him.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Russell has been shooting the ball a lot better since the all-star break. Now he needs to stop rushing certain shots like that one at the end of tonights game and start driving a bit more(though part of that has to do with our bigs).

Brown is better atm, but I don't recommend the eye test when evaluating because it lies. Ingram needs to get his jumpshot falling at a higher clip in addition to the obvious gains he needs for his body, because that will open up easier shots for him.

I know, but I do think brown has a much higher ceiling than anybody predicted. I expect ingram to eventually be able to put it together though and be a damn good scoring threat.

Sandfox

I know, but I do think brown has a much higher ceiling than anybody predicted. I expect ingram to eventually be able to put it together though and be a damn good scoring threat.

The question marks with Brown have always been shooting, decision making, consistency, and potential as shot creator. I think most people were expecting him to have a fairly high ceiling coming into the draft though.

Jarate

Banned
Dario Saric Previous 10 Games MPG 30.2 Shooting .484 Rebounds 8.6 Assists 3.3 PPG 19.4

ROTY is Joel Embiid, Dario Saric is #2.

rambis

Banned
Lebrons shooting is one of the biggest enigmas in the league. From becoming a decent shooter in Miami to falling completely off a cliff in the return to Cle, to now outshooting the likes of KD and Steph in some respects. Absolutely crazy swings.

https://youtu.be/UQkbjg35tkM

Bread

Banned
The question marks with Brown have always been shooting, decision making, consistency, and potential as shot creator. I think most people were expecting him to have a fairly high ceiling coming into the draft though.
Shot creating is certainly not an issue, he's effortless at getting to the rim and creating space. I can't remember a guy we've drafted since Pierce that has been so aggressive with the ball, it's amazing to watch.

Top Bottom