• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

C4Lukins

Man Holger is still just balling in the stands. I know 30k points is a completely arbitrary accomplishment, but I teared up a couple of times while watching this game.

Jacce

Banned
Fuck the Mavericks.

If you were watching that game and you weren't excited when Dirk hit 30k you can't call yourself a basketball fan, period. I am not joking.

Man Holger is still just balling in the stands. I know 30k points is a completely arbitrary accomplishment, but I teared up a couple of times while watching this game.

This right here. Dirk's final game next year is going to be so god damn emotional to watch.

If you were watching that game and you weren't excited when Dirk hit 30k you can't call yourself a basketball fan, period. I am not joking.

I find it hard to be excited when he hits 30K against my Lakers, though. I like Dirk but I don't have much, if any, emotional attachment to him or when he hits any milestones.

C4Lukins

This right here. Dirk's final game next year is going to be so god damn emotional to watch.

If he is healthy throughout next season, and can still put up 15 points and 6 rebounds, who knows maybe we will get another year out of him. It is hard to think of the Mavs without him.

Jacce

Banned
I find it hard to be excited when he hits 30K against my Lakers, though. I like Dirk but I don't have much, if any, emotional attachment to him or when he hits any milestones.
Why in the world do you want Lakers to win? Their future for for the best decade could depend on keeping this pick.

If lakers were my team I would pray to the basketball gods nightly for them to lose every game.

Every game counts with how close the Lakers and the Suns are.

Why in the world do you want Lakers to win? Their future for for the best decade could depend on keeping this pick.

If lakers were my team I would pray to the basketball gods nightly for them to lose every game.

Eh, I don't want to win honestly. Just wish we wouldn't play like shit in the process.

Eh, I don't want to win honestly. Just wish we wouldn't play like shit in the process.

in the process.

the process.

THE PROCESS.

904272397c9ac80de56eb1717722f8be.png

C4Lukins

Lebron out of nowhere(Cleveland). If this year was like the previous two I could make a case against him, but his shooting is back and the on off numbers are absurd. Harden's Rockets have the same number of losses, so there's that. Honestly, Kawhi's stats don't look good enough and his teammates/organization doesn't suck enough. I think people are finally on to Westbrook's stat padding.

It's between James and Harden, may the man with the best record win. I don't have a rooting interest, but I suppose if the biggest flopper in the game doesn't win it I'll be alright with that.

Between Lebron, Harden, and Westbrook, which one is the top flopper?

Undefined

30k points is a HUGE achievement.
Assuming you play 20 years and 80 games a year, you gotta average 18.75 points per game. Which is fucking insane!

Big congrats to Dirk.

cHaotix8

Great game. Our offense flowed pretty well, though that may have just been the Lakers effect. 7 of our players finished in double digits!

The congratulation video after Dirk hit 30k was emotional as hell. Seeing all the former Mavs players give him their praise hit right in the feels. It's difficult to imagine this team without him. :(

Wish I could be there to see it myself. If you can get your hands on an extra shirt, hit me up. I'd be happy to compensate. Have fun!

Sorry man. Usually during shirt day I'm able to grab a couple extras since there's always empty seats, but not this time around. :(

Hoping pelicans grab that 8th seed. If cousins can get out of depression

Dude has gotta start dominating along with Davis. Hoping they work out and make a legit run

Jacce

Banned
Hoping pelicans grab that 8th seed. If cousins can get out of depression

Dude has gotta start dominating along with Davis. Hoping they work out and make a legit run

It's too late for the Pelicans, they just have lost way too many to come back. It's going to be Dallas, Portland, or Dallas.

Line_HTX

Late, but I had no idea Kawai Leonard got drug tested immediately after the game.

What a suspicious "MVP performance" stealing the conversation.

5RvTPcr.png

11 games for tonight:

Bulls Vs. Magic
Nets Vs. Hawks
Hornets Vs. Heat
Knicks Vs. Bucks
Clippers Vs. Timberwolves
Jazz Vs. Rockets
Pistons Vs. Pacers
Raptors Vs. Pelicans
Kings Vs. Spurs
Wizards Vs. Nuggets
Celtics Vs. Warriors

Ryan Anderson is out with back tightness. Will miss 1-2 games.

Calvin Watkins said:

I actually sorta like this. You don't have to split Gordon and Lou for the bench for the scoring load, the starting unit can go more small ball. If this lineup works, than Dekker can get more minutes at the SF back up spot.

Harden gets exposed by guards who go by him. He has a low-center of gravity, has a ton of strength, and honestly watching the past few games, he's better at guarding the PF sometimes. Especially compared to Ryno.

Also, Ryno was out for the 2nd half of the Rockets? He would've helped alot, he stretches the floor for the Rockets really well.

I miss Anderson.

He was key in making sure other bigs didn't dominate us. Would make them go all the way out to the perimeter, keep them far away from the rim

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Pop resting LMA and Kawhi tonight, two tough games ahead. OKC tomorrow and GSW on Saturday.

Top Bottom