• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Celts playing like absolute ass this past quarter and a half, IT continu s to force force​ the issue. Oh well tied with the wizards in the loss column.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Lebron is probably still the best player in the NBA. Consistently puts above astounding numbers and without him, his team can't win. He is definitely the most valuable player for his team.

I think Harden should win MVP this year though.

Welp, that's it for tonight; Just only three games tomorrow (I dunno what they're going to do between the Trail Blazers & the Mavericks, as the Trail Blazers will have to face Oklahoma City Thunder at 8 PM).

It's definitely looking like a possibility. The Dubs still got two more games with the Spurs, two with the Rockets, and 1 with OKC, Grizzlies, Celtics, and the Wizards.

They have a nice Grizzles -> Rockets -> Spurs -> Rockets -> Wizards stretch coming up. If the Spurs catch them, it will be then.

Order will be restored!

lol

Just saying, it's both the Spurs and Rockets best shot at the finals. Otherwise one of the two exhausts themselves before facing a Dub team that is more well-rested. This way, if the Spurs face the Clippers, and the Warriors face the Rockets, neither team is going to have a significant rest advantage.

My actual hope is that the Grizzlies take them out, and then we sweep the Grizzlies. Dammit OKC, get into 6th seed and get comfy with it already...

Jazz have the same record as the Celtics who are the #2 seed and three games behind the #1 seed in the East.

Jazz are clawing to stay in fourth instead of sixth and are 12.5 games behind the #1 seed.

Ouch.

Celts playing like absolute ass this past quarter and a half, IT continu s to force force​ the issue. Oh well tied with the wizards in the loss column.

I had to quit the game because I knew where it was going. It's incredible how the Celtics are ridiculously inconsistent game to game and quarter to quarter. It's infuriating, I think Stevens needs to do the Mike Singletary move and show the players his ass or something.

Tom Penny

I had to quit the game because I knew where it was going. It's incredible how the Celtics are ridiculously inconsistent game to game and quarter to quarter. It's infuriating, I think Stevens needs to do the Mike Singletary move and show the players his ass or something.
Garbage AL MVP 0-2 without him this week 🤔

Fjordson

Steve Kerr has been whining awfully hard about thier schedule.

I'd assume every nba team has bad off periods.
Warriors schedule is pretty intense right now. NY/ATL back to back, travel all the way back to Oakland, go to Minnesota, then to San Antonio the next night. Coast to coast, two back to backs, 5 games in 7 nights.

bender

What time is it?
Hopefully tonight.

f2963457-8cae-481e-a601-053a15860d30.jpg

Undefined

KLeonard has been sick. Yesterdays game was insane. Hes been carrying this team pretty hard the last few games including back to back overtime games.
I kinda expect more from Aldridge.

This MVP race is crazy.

Warriors schedule is pretty intense right now. NY/ATL back to back, travel all the way back to Oakland, go to Minnesota, then to San Antonio the next night. Coast to coast, two back to backs, 5 games in 7 nights.

This KD for MVP campaign is getting out of control. Warriors and the schedule makers are colluding to make the Warriors a .500 team without him.

Fjordson

This KD for MVP campaign is getting out of control. Warriors and the schedule makers are colluding to make the Warriors a .500 team without him.
Didn't think of that. I can dig it.

On a serious note, I'm a little bummed we won't see the former Thunder teammates in the voting all at once. I think KD could have finished in the top 3-4.

Steve Kerr has been whining awfully hard about thier schedule.

I'd assume every nba team has bad off periods.

The Warriors right now really have shit timing with Durant being injured and the Spurs right on their heels for the first seed. So they basically can't afford to throw away any of their matches going forward because it's the difference between facing the Nuggets in the first round or having to face the Grizzlies/OKC/Clippers.

Surfinn

I believe the pelicans have 1 win with Cousins in the lineup..

Damn I haven't looked. I was hoping he'd blow up with them.

I mean in both situations you can chalk it up to getting a feel for the new lineup but.. that's what the Kings have done for what.. like ten years?

Hopefully he settles into the roster eventually with the Pelicans.

cHaotix8

Hopefully tonight.

f2963457-8cae-481e-a601-053a15860d30.jpg

I'll be there to witness the greatness too! Hopefully Dirk goes off (and probably everyone else too given how their last game went, lol).

The Warriors right now really have shit timing with Durant being injured and the Spurs right on their heels for the first seed. So they basically can't afford to throw away any of their matches going forward because it's the difference between facing the Nuggets in the first round or having to face the Grizzlies/OKC/Clippers.

I like the Mavs chance to sneak into the 8th seed. We're less than 3 games out and have a pretty good road ahead of us.

Servbot24

Banned
Didn't think of that. I can dig it.

On a serious note, I'm a little bummed we won't see the former Thunder teammates in the voting all at once. I think KD could have finished in the top 3-4.

It's a shame KD didn't go to the Celtics or Clippers or something. If he had, I think him and Curry are back in the conversation. Westbrook, Harden, LeBron, Curry, KD, Leonard - to me these are head and shoulders the top tier of the league.

bender

What time is it?
I'll be there to witness the greatness too! Hopefully Dirk goes off (and probably everyone else too given how their last game went, lol).

Wish I could be there to see it myself. If you can get your hands on an extra shirt, hit me up. I'd be happy to compensate. Have fun!

Boogs31

This is my problem with all the "This is the best, most stacked team Lebron has ever played with" hype.

Considering basketball is a team sport that is primarily about how pieces fit with each other, how the Cavs play when LeBron sits out is kind of meaningless. The ideal team to support LeBron consists of 3 things.

1) A secondary scorer when LeBron sits or needs a blow during the game (Kyrie)

2) Shooting to take advantage of LeBron's greatest strength which is his passing/playmaking ability (Kyrie, Korver, Smith, Love, Frye)

3) Rebounding to further accentuate LeBron's overwhelming physicality (Thompson, Love)

This team is absolutely stacked with players that take advantage of all his strengths. His best Heat teams couldn't even come close to touching this Cavs juggernaut.

bender

What time is it?
Dirk's on fire. 8 quick points. 12 to go.

edit: And 1 on a jumper. 11 points. 9 to go.

edit 2: 5 of 5 with the post up, fade-away. 7 to go.

edit 3: 6 of 6. 4 to go.

edit 4: End of the 1st. 6 of 7. 18 points. 2 to go.

edit 5. 30K :)

edit 6: Another 3 and a timeout.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Dirk's on fire. 8 quick points. 12 to go.

edit: And 1 on a jumper. 11 points. 9 to go.

edit 2: 5 of 5 with the post up, fade-away. 7 to go.

edit 3: 6 of 6. 4 to go.

Dirk the real MVP

18 Point first quarter. He really wanted that record tonight.

EDIT: Lakers trying so hard to stop him getting to 30k in the first they are leaving open shots for his teammates.

He is always angry, he was upset at the schedule before kd injury. I mean, angry at the schedule of who and back to backs.

Not just a bad mood.

I can understand wanting to win but eh I'd rather play good teams myself.

Not sure what good playing bad teams will do except help a wins count. I understand they want the playoff spot but he should be more positive I fell.

TTG

Re: MVP Race

Lebron out of nowhere(Cleveland). If this year was like the previous two I could make a case against him, but his shooting is back and the on off numbers are absurd. Harden's Rockets have the same number of losses, so there's that. Honestly, Kawhi's stats don't look good enough and his teammates/organization doesn't suck enough. I think people are finally on to Westbrook's stat padding.

It's between James and Harden, may the man with the best record win. I don't have a rooting interest, but I suppose if the biggest flopper in the game doesn't win it I'll be alright with that.

Considering basketball is a team sport that is primarily about how pieces fit with each other, how the Cavs play when LeBron sits out is kind of meaningless. The ideal team to support LeBron consists of 3 things.

1) A secondary scorer when LeBron sits or needs a blow during the game (Kyrie)

2) Shooting to take advantage of LeBron's greatest strength which is his passing/playmaking ability (Kyrie, Korver, Smith, Love, Frye)

3) Rebounding to further accentuate LeBron's overwhelming physicality (Thompson, Love)

This team is absolutely stacked with players that take advantage of all his strengths. His best Heat teams couldn't even come close to touching this Cavs juggernaut.

I'd like to imagine that the better team is actually one that could still function as a playoff contender without him. The Heatles could

Top Bottom