• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

I like what Capela's doing tonight. Seems like he studied Gobert film, at least his defense, before the game, because he's consistently made the smarter move when matched up with him in the paint (waiting for him to jump multiple times, then making Gobert think that's what would happen and immediately dunking it, getting it in with a soft touch, passing it out, etc.).

I dunno what you talking about, I like seeing defenders get Harden'd outside the 3 point arc.

6aRBX8Z.png

It's really satisfying to yell "GOT 'EEEM" at those 3 pt fouls.

Seriously, Harden's 3 pt foul draws is unprecedented, and I can't find any stat that specifically keeps track of those. He had a crazy number more than the #2 player earlier, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's already tracking towards holding the record on those foul draws.

Also, is it safe to say that without the Lin injury, that Brooklyn pick would be more of a 3rd-7th pick? Nets play well with an actual point guard. They started 4-5, and at the beginning of the year seemed to actually possibly have something going.

I wonder if Ainge injured Lin too.

beat

Lebron out of nowhere(Cleveland). If this year was like the previous two I could make a case against him, but his shooting is back and the on off numbers are absurd.
So far:

LeBron has a 16.5 on-off net O+D rating: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/on-off/2017

Steph Curry, for this year, has a 15.6 on-off net rating: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01/on-off/2017

Westbrook is 14.5, Durant is 7.8*, Harden is 1.3, Leonard is 1.0.

It's wild that Curry is this good this year and everyone's still disappointed because he hasn't been 2015-2016 Steph.

* actually, can anyone explain to me how KD's net rating is so far below Steph's when we all think KD is as dangerous a scorer as Steph and a better defender?

I actually seriously like the Rockets when they play defense.

So far:

LeBron has a 16.5 on-off net O+D rating: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/on-off/2017

Steph Curry, for this year, has a 15.6 on-off net rating: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01/on-off/2017

Westbrook is 14.5, Durant is 7.8*, Harden is 1.3, Leonard is 1.0.

It's wild that Curry is this good this year and everyone's still disappointed because he hasn't been 2015-2016 Steph.

* actually, can anyone explain to me how KD's net rating is so far below Steph's when we all think KD is as dangerous a scorer as Steph and a better defender?

Wouldn't be surprised if it has to do with the other all star they play with. Durant plays with Klay and the bench, and those two seem to play with the bench more. Curry and Draymond tend to play in the other minutes, and they seem to play less in those off-minutes.

Durant is basically the consistency for that team, but watching the Warriors, it's pretty obvious Draymond and Steph make the Warriors chug.

Line_HTX

I'm bored as fuck, what time is the Cleveland game on Sunday?

We better play defense like the Clippers game because the threes missing are that much more frustrating.

Tommy DJ

And they're down 22 after the first...

This is like every recent Spurs game, even with Kawhi and Lamarcus. I dunno what's wrong with them but they get blown out the first quarter/half then actually start performing in the second half.

The Spurs last three games have had them finish the first quarter at an average of -10 points. They're also in the bottom half of the league when it comes to first quarter points yet 4th when it comes to 3rd quarter points.

Chichikov

This is like every recent Spurs game, even with Kawhi and Lamarcus. I dunno what's wrong with them but they get blown out the first quarter/half then actually start performing in the second half.

The Spurs last three games have had them finish the first quarter at an average of -10 points. They're also in the bottom half of the league when it comes to first quarter points yet 4th when it comes to 3rd quarter points.
This is true, but there's a bit of a difference between being down 16 the Rockets and 28 to the Kings.
Though really, this is just shit that happens in the NBA from time to time, and it's usually just one team shooting unusually well while the other shooting unusually poorly, which is mostly what happened in the first quarter of this game (the Spurs played weak D too, but not down 28 to the Sacramento bad).

spyder_ur

Celtics just played maybe their best 5-6 minute defensive sequence of the season. No stats to show for it really, but just incredible to watch what Bradley and Smart did off the ball in those few minutes, particularly on Klay. Beautiful basketball.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm with them, MVP is between harden and Leonard for me. Leonard's defense and clutch is the big difference maker though. Elite on both ends.

Top Bottom