• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Russ not shooting at all now trying to get the last few assists lmao. On that Draymond flow now chasing the triple double.

he gotta stop passing to Adams. It's not gonna happen with Adams.
coach needs to put Cantor in instead of Adams.

edit: Booker like a Solar Flare right now.

Dr.Acula

Banned
The meta-game of the Suns trying to disallow Westbrook from getting a triple-double is hilarious as hell.

I just imagine someone not familiar with basketball watching this game and being crazy confused.

Very unpopular hot take: Curry is the best player in the world and has been since last season. Played like cheeks after he got hampered by injuries and is going to body Lebron in the finals this year to prove it.

If I call it right, I deserve to be made mod of nba and footy forum #factz I want to get a hot take early before everyone jumps on the bandwagon before PS.

I think he's very close. He's behind LeBron, but not by much.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Good that Westbrook is out, the game was getting fucky, with the score out of reach this kind of stat chasing/stopping can result in high emotions.

Oh man, I just realized that the Harden-Westbrook conversation might have been the saltiest I have been recently, because I caught myself smiling at the idea that Westbrook lost hard while blatantly stat-padding on NBATV.

I hope all the people that tuned in have something to think about now, that helps them realize that the MVP belongs to the bearded one.

I watched a little and their big center had his highest scoring game.

Yup. Nene had to rest after the first half, so the only two of our big rotation left was 6'8'' Harrell and Chinanu Onanuku, the underhanded free throw rookie who was called out from the d-league. Capela was also rested.

Harden was seriously hot, and then the team sort of choked the lead when he sat.

Oh man, I just realized that the Harden-Westbrook conversation might have been the saltiest I have been recently, because I caught myself smiling at the idea that Westbrook lost hard while blatantly stat-padding on NBATV.

I hope all the people that tuned in have something to think about now, that helps them realize that the MVP belongs to the bearded one.

Harden edges out Westbrook in my book. I look at MVP as the guy who elevates his teammates, not literally the only reason they're playoff contenders.

Jarate

Banned
Luke Walton is a bad tank commander. Also, hope kings get a high pick (but not higher than the 76ers lol).

If I'm the kings I'm hoping the pick swaps because it probably means there pick will be top 5 or 6

Hinkie was a god BTW. If this pick conveys into the 4th pick this year, you traded MCW for a top 5 pick in a loaded draft

8D Chinese Checkers

Anyway, Lakers fans are getting a little too dramatic. They played well this year and the improvements are already really coming through. I'm sure we would have won more games if we didn't suffer injuries which really messed up chemistry.

The Suns might just be pulling the best fucking tank of all the ones I've seen in the past few years, at least in terms of 1 year.

They sit legitimate NBA talent that once had star potential or were stars in Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, and Tyson Chandler. They had already been effectively developing serious raw NBA talent in Chriss, who started to really take off in the latter stages of the season. They have a future (super)star in Booker, and let him go off for 70 points. They got their other raw talent in Bender back, and give him minutes to develop. They get another talented guard, who went from not getting minutes to showing off his talent and posting great stats since starting. They have vets like Tyson and Bledsoe who you can see on the bench getting hyped. And they're guaranteed a top 6 draft pick.

God damn.

And all this while being coached by Watson, who I'm pretty sure is on the bottom of the pile for employed NBA coaches. That being said, he's no Byron Scott who crushed his young player's development progress, so props to him. They've made an excellent show of getting hype moral victories while tanking

I'm pretty sure this was just the basketball gods rewarding the Suns for a job well done. They had a near perfect night tonight.

I'm honestly really fucking impressed.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz fultz

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So it's good that the kings are losing right now right? I fall asleep for one quarter and Lakers win

Cant hurt...right now we got the 8th and 10th pick.....but then again Vlade is gonna be the one picking them so who knows if it matters anyway.

FZZ

Banned
Stupid idea but

is there any fucked up way the Lakers could get Draymond lmao, I know Warriors never wanna let him go but still

Especially if we somehow end up with the number 1 or 2 pick this year

In my low bbiq head Ball, Dlo, Ingram, Draymond, and Mosgov/Zubac doesn't sound too bad

Eos

Stupid idea but

is there any fucked up way the Lakers could get Draymond lmao, I know Warriors never wanna let him go but still

In my low bbiq head Ball, Dlo, Ingram, Draymond, and Mosgov/Zubac doesn't sound too bad
He won't be a free agent until 2020 but the Lakers don't got any pieces that the Warriors would want for him. He's the glue of that team. Doubt he wants to play for any other team either.

Stupid idea but

giphy.gif

Top Bottom