• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

So what did Blatt do that made everyone hate him

how is Lue any better

I need to go lie down

At least I will get to enjoy Buddy Hield going off on the tank

Byron Scott lives on

The players didn't respect Blatt. The players respect Lue. In the NBA that matters as much as Xs and Os.

FZZ

Banned
Nah I know they didn't respect him but I actually want to know what went down to make that happen

I want some confessions of an NBA drama queen

His actual coaching was pretty good and in comparison to Lue it just demolishes it

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
He was an old white dude they'd never heard of that had no NBA experience. They walked all over him and that was that.

Lol scrubs like shumpert threw towels in his face like a fucking lovewater boy. LeBron wanted someone he could just walk over and got him.

From what Brendan Haywood, who was on the team, describes, it was the opposite. Blatt was afraid to be tough with LeBron and Kyrie and the rest of the team resented him for it. I mean, we all know LeBron runs the show in Cleve, but by all accounts Lue is at least not afraid to get in his face when it's necessary.

TTG

Lol scrubs like shumpert threw towels in lues face like a fucking water boy. LeBron wanted someone he could just walk over and got him.

Pretty much, which is why Lue isn't catching more shit for Lebron playing 40 minutes a night, because presumably Lebron is calling that shot?

Lol scrubs like shumpert threw towels in lues face like a fucking water boy. LeBron wanted someone he could just walk over and got him.

Lebron is possibly the most talented player ever and I can't help but wonder if he would have been even more successful if he wasn't such a fucking insubordinate asshole.

Tom Penny

Lebron is possibly the most talented player ever and I can't help but wonder if he would have been even more successful if he wasn't such a fucking insubordinate asshole.
LeBron is a monster. Obviously one of the best to ever do it. He formed s super tesm because he lost to a Celtics team that was old and on their last leg.. And claimed 7 rings with the Heat and lost to Dirk and role players. Jason fucking Terry checked him..2 points per 4th quarter in a Finals ..

pislit

1st Team
Guards: Westbrook, Harden
Forwards: James, Leonard
Center: Davis

2nd Team
Guards: Curry, Thomas
Forwards: Durant, Giannis
Center: Gobert

3rd Team
Guards: Wall, DeRozan
Forwards: Butler or George (pretty much a coin flip at this point), Green
Center: Towns

The number of elite guards you have to leave off entirely is pretty crazy

I remember a time when the All-Defense team has six players, the ones with Kidd and Prince. Does the All-NBA team allow ties that to happen?

Edit:

Here it is

noPLYlS.png

VeeP

I watched a little and their big center had his highest scoring game.

Yea, I was reading before the game SVG, the coach, was gonna start a rookie & Boban Marjanovic (the center) this game. I think he's had 11 minutes of game time this whole season. Something like that. So I'm surprised he played well. Guess we'll see next game if it was a fluke or not.

FZZ

Banned
Who the fuck is Bryn Forbes and how does he have 27 points in a NBA game?

He knocked all his FT down in the last 4 minutes of the game

I would've blamed their loss more on poor rotation early in the fourth and some costly turnovers. Also Harden went for some semi deep 3 when they were only up by two, should've held the possession and looked for a better play

edit: I'm a dumbass just read the 27 points part, thought you were talking about Marjanovic

mjp2417

Banned
I remember a time when the All-Defense team has six players, the ones with Kidd and Prince. Does the All-NBA team allow ties that to happen?

Edit:

Here it is

noPLYlS.png

I'm not sure, but I would assume that in the case of a voting tie between two players then they would simply share the spot

Tommy DJ

Is Ty Lue even a good coach?

I get the Hawks performance this season is nothing but variable but how do you lose against the Hawk's bench by more than 10 points with all of your starters playing more than 30 minutes?

Wait. Hawks rested their starters, Lebron played 41 minutes, and Cleveland still lost at home? Wat??

That's what I don't get. Is it a case of the Cavs players struggling or Ty Lue getting outcoached by Mike Budenholzer?

Who the fuck is Bryn Forbes and how does he have 27 points in a NBA game?

A beast in the D league who seems to get really nervous in an actual NBA game. Always seems to look to pass or hand off the ball to someone else. Pop's trying to get him to shoot...this game is perfect for him to do whatever he wants since its meaningless for the Spurs.

FZZ

Banned

I get the Hawks performance this season is nothing but variable but how do you lose against the Hawk's bench by more than 10 points with all of your starters playing more than 30 minutes?

It's either Ty Lue being awful or Cavs having a team culture that is more toxic than I would've imagined

They just seem to have no effort, Kyrie almost got a 5 second violation because the rest of the team was just gone

lets jump back on the Celtic train.

Nah... I'm tired of being disappointed by the Cetlics. They've been handed opportunities for the 1 seed about 3-4 times now, and they just keep losing to teams they should beat, when the game counts the most.

But OKC is getting SUNburnt right now.
Westbrook couldn't get a bucket till under the last minute of the half.

I think he needs some Sun Block right now.
Not sure if that triple double is happening tonight either. hard to get assist when no one on your team can buy a bucket.

He is decent. He says some dumbass things and his strategic mind is very questionable, but he was able to make some adjustments in last year's finals and he got his team playing pretty hard. Not sure he's got a great future in the league, but he's well in that middle tier.

Very unpopular hot take: Curry is the best player in the world and has been since last season. Played like cheeks after he got hampered by injuries and is going to body Lebron in the finals this year to prove it.

If I call it right, I deserve to be made mod of nba and footy forum #factz I want to get a hot take early before everyone jumps on the bandwagon before PS.

Top Bottom