• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

FZZ

Banned
giphy.gif

Fuck Julius Randle

FZZ

Banned
He played well in a game we should have tanked, and was ass for a good portion of this season

his contract is almost up

dude is in it for himself, just trying to get some value

Fuck Julius Randle

It's a super small sample size but he seems to be shooting better of late. If he can get that part figured out it changes the entire potential trajectory of his career.

His jumper is tentative, but I like his shooting as well. If he gets that down, he is much better as a player.

Speaking of which....how do you do a jumper, anyway? I've been trying to improve mine, but every shot is woefully bricked.

His jumper is tentative, but I like his shooting as well. If he gets that down, he is much better as a player.

Speaking of which....how do you do a jumper, anyway? I've been trying to improve mine, but every shot is woefully bricked.

I can't really shoot for shit either but it seems like repetition is the key. Get your mechanics squared away and then shoot like thousands of times a day.

Tubobutts

It's a super small sample size but he seems to be shooting better of late. If he can get that part figured out it changes the entire potential trajectory of his career.
I looked up his shooting numbers and one of the crazy things is that he's only taken 4 corner threes this year compared to 57 above the break threes. And the sample size is so tiny that this is meaningless but he's 50% in the corners compared to 26% for the others.

And on a more general shooting note he raised his FG% from 42.9 to 48.4 with his FG% in the restricted area going from 54% to 60%. His defense is still bad, but he's shown improvement on the offensive side of things.

I looked up his shooting numbers and one of the crazy things is that he's only taken 4 corner threes this year compared to 57 above the break threes. And the sample size is so tiny that this is meaningless but he's 50% in the corners compared to 26% for the others.

And on a more general shooting note he raised his FG% from 42.9 to 48.4 with his FG% in the restricted area going from 54% to 60%. His defense is still bad, but he's shown improvement on the offensive side of things.

That's the thing because of his size/athleticism limitations, relative to the position, he's probably never going to be a great defender, and certainly not a rim protector which is what most teams look at from their 4/5s. It's nice that he plays hard, can score around the basket, rebounds well and can even dribble/playmake a little, but if he can't shoot or defend as a 4 in the NBA, you aren't really much more than a rotation/energy big.

Jarate

Banned
Randle can easily be a small ball 4. I don't see him being a great player, but he can be a solid role player and starter IMO

In other news, the D-League (soon to be G-League) Lakers affiliate Los Angeles D-Fenders are going to rebrand to the South Bay Lakers and will play their home games at the new Lakers training facility in El Segundo.

Really hope the NBA pushes the G-League to expand, eventually having affiliate teams for all clubs and (I'm not holding my breath) eliminates the 1 and done rule.

LionPride

Banned
Talking about the Devin Booker 70 game and how people lit this podcast host's mentions on fire about Avery Bradley because people are dumb:

"The last person Booker wants to see on this planet is Bradley digging around his dribbles like a hobo digging through trash"

What was that acronym? BEEF? I got it off 2K lol.

Balance, Elbow, Eyes, Follow through.

Then again, I don't even jump when I shoot either. It's like a damn hop.

What was that acronym? BEEF? I got it off 2K lol.

Balance, Elbow, Eyes, Follow through.

Then again, I don't even jump when I shoot either. It's like a damn hop.

Yeah, I'm wondering if my hop is even worth it. I'm trying to actually jump.

I don't even use my legs mid-range anymore, which is a very bad habit to get into. I just use my upper body. I'm good at shooting like that, though.

random25

Thank you Bulls for giving us the 7th seed for now. Bucks gotta cooperate to hand us the 6th seed for the Pacers-Raptors runback.

TTG

Ginobili and Pau versus Pierce and Crawford out there. Whatyearisit.jpg

EDIT: Here comes Raymond Felton! This is the game that lets me know I've been watching too much basketball.

My only fear is that the Celtics would counter with Olynik and Marcus Smart for Draymond and the Warriors would have no choice.

What are you talking about?! Celtics TRADING Smart?! For just Draymond?! You're clearly not fit to be an NBA GM.

Wade returns and the Bulls lose to the Nets lol.

Rondo was out that game, but if the Bulls are in the playoffs, Wade needs to take his 6th man role and be happy with it. Rondo was a decent pick-up as a pass-first PG to put next to Butler, until they also got Wade and moved Butler from small forward to shooting guard.

TTG

So I heard some Harrison Barnes replacement type is playing for the Warriors tonight? I dunno.

EDIT: Curry isn't dressed! They were taking turns all along.

Top Bottom