• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

TTG

That's one way to avoid playing 50 minutes.

EDIT: lol, the box score on this one. Cleveland made 19 threes and lost, Hawks had 44 in the 4th, wat?

How in the fuck did Cleveland blow this? They took clownball to the final frontier, holy fucking shit.

for real. there was NO contact on that missed layup.

This game was so fucking horribly officiated. That was not a foul. And that charge was not a foul on Kyrie either, brother was sliding in. The whole thing, jesus. I wanted the Cavs to win this game and yet, after watching this shit it's insane, I am so happy for atlant.

El Topo

How in the fuck did Cleveland blow this? They took clownball to the final frontier, holy fucking shit.

They shifted down a few gears and were unable to shift them up again. See e.g. the WC qualifier soccer match Germany-Sweden for another example, where Germany almost blew a 4-0 lead.
That's the big threat when you are about to blow out an opponent.

*folds arms and smiles at BG*
PPIFdeJ.gif

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Why wasn't Frye in the game at the end? Did he get injured or some shit?

Tyronn Lue

is the worst coach

in the NBA

honestly

he's probably the worst coach in sports history

He's pretty awful. He's supposed to be a defensive minded coach... Don't worry though, he said he has "secret plans" to fix the Cavs defense for the playoffs. lol

VeeP

Wow. CLE and the first round is going to be hilarious! Where's that switch ya'll!

Don't worry, they got that automatic switch. Lebron just resting right now. The team will wake up when they're not bored of these regular road season games. /s

Tommy DJ

I think someone said that anyone who goes to Cleveland is there simply for Lebron. It aren't like San Antonio or Golden State where you're there because of the environment or culture or front office or whatever.

I get Cleveland is the Lebron show but how do you mess up your roster so badly that you literally have no bench. Lebron minutes are insane but so are Kyrie and Love minutes. Kyrie and Lebron are close to 50 goddamn minutes while Love is above 40...the entire Hawks roster is below 40.

It's just...a badly put together team that is 100% dependent on Lebron doing to heavy lifting on both ends of the floor. I mean, this isn't really new...Lebron lead the NBA finals in like every single simple metric but I dunno if they are going to survive the playoffs if their starters are playing this many minutes every single game.

Don't worry, they got that automatic switch. Lebron just resting right now. The team will wake up when they're not bored of these regular road season games. /s

But don't ask Lebron about these big regular season games. They just are what they are.

How does it work if 3 teams have an identical record. Cavs have the tie break againts the celtics and the raps. Raps have the tie break on boston.

I assume that would mean that if they all had identical records, and Cavs had the tie breaker on both, that would put Cavs at #1
and since Toronto has the tie breaker on Boston, that would put the Celtics at #3.

How does it work if 3 teams have an identical record. Cavs have the tie break againts the celtics and the raps. Raps have the tie break on boston.

Yeah, you missed magic fam.

Oh shit, you're right. Cavs can't do worse than 51-31, and that's the best the raptors can do.

Raptors had to face the Cavs thrice before even the Christmas game, that was seriously unlucky, and they had close games every time. It's just that their hole at defending stretch 4s before they got Tucker and Ibaka was a huge problem, Frye and Love went off every time.

Fjordson

I don't fully believe in the "coasting" or "playoff switch" stuff, but I guess the one thing that may help Cleveland in the postseason is that rotations shorten and with their dependence on Lebron and the starters that'll help them.

Right now though they look like one of Lebron's worst teams in years. Since before Miami.

TTG

The Cavs are not a poorly constructed by any measure, I don't know who started that argument, but it needs to go away. Contrast it with the last Heat year when they needed Lebron to be the best at everything on the court to have a chance and previous Cavs teams. He doesn't have to check 4s, dive head first for every rebound. He doesn't need to create every shot. Everyone on the floor can shoot, Kyrie is one of the best iso players in the league. They have smart vets to plug some holes. Whatever their problems are, it's not the roster.

Chase17

lol C's could still end up with one seed

Cavs have Miami and Toronto left, Celtics have Nets and Bucks.

Maybe the cav's lose another but I doubt the Celtics will win out. The nets are too strong.

reposting since Cavs Hawks game is over...
Where does everyone see the Eastern Playoff standing ending up?

Race for #1 in the East
Cavs (51-29) next game vs Hawks (42-38) in Atl, then the Heat (39-41) in Mia, and then Raptors (50-31) in Cle
Celitics (51-29) next game vs Nets (20-60) in Bos, then the Bucks (41-39) in Bos

The Cavs need to win 2 of those games to at worst tie, and they own the tie-breaker.
but the Celtics NEED to win both games for a chance at 1st, and hope Cavs lose 2 of them.

Does anyone here see the Cavs not "flipping that switch" and pulling out at least 2 wins in the next 3 games? Hawks surprisingly grounded the Cavs friday in Cle, can they do it again at home? game is in 15 minutes.

Also the Nets have been refusing to lose lately (and they've looked like a better team than their record reflects), can the Celts keep them at bay?

Where do we predict 5-9 end up in the East?
Pacers, Bucks Hawks - they could all potentially end with the same record
Hawks vs Pacers is the final game of the regular season.

and who gets the 8th spot?The Bulls or the Heat?
Bulls still face the Magic and the Nets
Heat go up against the Cavs and The Wiz

The Bulls surely have the easier lineup of the two.

anyone got predicitions?

we could have a 3 way tie for 1st and a 5 way tie for 5th in the East.
how often does this happen?

But don't ask Lebron about these big regular season games. They just are what they are.

I assume that would mean that if they all had identical records, and Cavs had the tie breaker on both, that would put Cavs at #1
and since Toronto has the tie breaker on Boston, that would put the Celtics at #3.

This is what I am assuming. It doesn't really matter though. Because Boston is going to crush brooklyn tomorrow. Cavs have to play the heat and the raps. Toronto already knows they are secured in 3rd. The way the seeding pans out is whether the Cavs beat the Heat. Tornto is going to sit everyone in that game agaist the cavs no matter what.

Oh shit, you're right. Cavs can't do worse than 51-31, and that's the best the raptors can do.

Raptors had to face the Cavs thrice before even the Christmas game, that was seriously unlucky, and they had close games every time. It's just that their hole at defending stretch 4s before they got Tucker and Ibaka was a huge problem, Frye and Love went off every time.

Raps are better equiped to handle the cavs this year. I still dont wanna watch the match up until the eastern conference finals though.

Top Bottom