• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

pislit

The Cavs got destroyed by the Bulls this year. They're probably the last team they want to face in the first round.

Of course the Cavs would still win, but they wouldn't stomp them like they would the Bucks or Pacers or Heat.

Regular season =! Post-season

None of those teams have Hoiberg as the coach.

The West is just stacked with All-star caliber point guards. If only the Blazers have a very good winning record...

Yeah they got recognition when they deserved it in the month of March. Dame got player of the month and Stotts got coach of the month. I can't imagine anyone stressing about the all-star game at this point.

B.O.O.M

Casey Holdahl: Lillard said he let the Jazz have the game ball tonight for Joe Johnson, who surpassed 20,000 points tonight.

Classy as fuck

So I heard some Harrison Barnes replacement type is playing for the Warriors tonight? I dunno.

EDIT: Curry isn't dressed! They were taking turns all along.
tumblr_inline_nlskhp3JJK1rijxnz.gif

The 3 of them just take turns whose gonna bend you over

winjet81

The Cavs got destroyed by the Bulls this year. They're probably the last team they want to face in the first round.

Of course the Cavs would still win, but they wouldn't stomp them like they would the Bucks or Pacers or Heat.

Cavs will sweep any of those opponents in the first round.

Pretty sure Detroit dominated the Cavs in last year's regular season, then playoff Lebron arrived and easy sweep.

Lillard going crazy tonight. 59 pts

Clips and Jazz are tied?

Yes, but Clips have the tie breaker. Dubs could do them a favor if we beat the Jazz tonight.
I think we'd rather see the Clips than the Jazz anyway. Not that it really matters in the end, but the travel would be easier.

Dame with 59.

That was absolutely mental. Dame was such a beast tonight holy shit

I really hope the Nuggets somehow make 8th seed.
the potential behind Dame and McCollum is kinda scary. Dame LIT up the Warriors last year, and I don't want him trying making it too hard on us in just the first round.

Yes, but Clips have the tie breaker. Dubs could do them a favor if we beat the Jazz tonight.
I think we'd rather see the Clips than the Jazz anyway. Not that it really matters in the end, but the travel would be easier.

I really hope the Nuggets somehow make 8th seed.
the potential behind Dame and McCollum is kinda scary. Dame LIT up the Warriors last year, and I don't want him trying making it too hard on us in just the first round.
??

Curry always owns Dame lol.. Dame and CJ are one of the best backcourts in the NBA but they're also the worst defending back court in the nba

??

Curry always owns Dame lol.. Dame and CJ are one of the best backcourts in the NBA but they're also the worst defending back court in the nba

I didn't say the Warriors would lose, just that the Trailblazers have potential to give the Warriors a hard first round, whereas the Nuggets might be a little easier.

Dame and CJ are good scorers, and if they happen to click when we happen to go cold, it could be a problem. Last year they gave us a good series. it was only a 5 game series (i think) but they seemed capable of going longer.

Now that I think about it, the Blazers made for a fun series. Brought the best out of the Warriors. besides, travelling to Portand once will be an easier route to take :p

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The Warriors beat the Blazers last year in 5 games with no Curry in half of them and no Durant. I think they will be fine.

Where does everyone see the Eastern Playoff standing ending up?

Race for #1 in the East
Cavs (51-28) next game vs Hawks (41-38) in Atl, then the Heat (39-41) in Mia, and then Raptors (50-31) in Cle
Celitics (51-29) next game vs Nets (20-60) in Bos, then the Bucks (41-39) in Bos

The Cavs need to win 2 of those games to at worst tie, and they own the tie-breaker.
but the Celtics NEED to win both games for a chance at 1st, and hope Cavs lose 2 of them.

Does anyone here see the Cavs not "flipping that switch" and pulling out at least 2 wins in the next 3 games? Hawks surprisingly grounded the Cavs friday in Cle, can they do it again at home? game is in 15 minutes.

Also the Nets have been refusing to lose lately (and they've looked like a better team than their record reflects), can the Celts keep them at bay?

Where do we predict 5-9 end up in the East?
Pacers, Bucks Hawks - they could all potentially end with the same record
Hawks vs Pacers is the final game of the regular season.

and who gets the 8th spot?The Bulls or the Heat?
Bulls still face the Magic and the Nets
Heat go up against the Cavs and The Wiz

The Bulls surely have the easier lineup of the two.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
New to watching Basketball. The commentator in the Cleveland game sounds like Alex Jones if he took his meds.

Top Bottom