• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Josh Jackson is a two-way versatile wing who can guard multiple positions and score with or without the ball. You can never have too many of those guys.

True. And to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson ends up the best player out of this draft, so long as he grows out of being a shit head.

Speaking of shitheads, if you looked into your crystal ball, who will morph into the bigger shithead?

DeAngelo or Julius?

Julius seems like a good dude. If it doesn't work out with the Lakers, I could see him as one of those guys that pops up in 4 or 5 years as a really good bench player on a contender.

Julius seems like a good dude. If it doesn't work out with the Lakers, I could see him as one of those guys that pops up in 4 or 5 years as a really good bench player on a contender.

He tends to chirp a lot and his attitude is suspect at times. The fact that you didn't even mention DeAngelo speaks volumes.

I think he (Russell) has the potential to be major cancer to that locker room going forward.

He tends to chirp a lot and his attitude is suspect at times. The fact that you didn't even mention DeAngelo speaks volumes.

I think he has the potential to be major cancer to that locker room going forward.

There's been so much noise in so many directions with DeAngelo that it's hard to know what the fuck he is. He's obviously talented and has a skillset that can potentially thrive in the modern NBA, but he's got to mature (which every 21 year old needs to do, it's just not a foregone conclusion).

I get the opposite from Julius. Everything I've read or heard about him from people around the team is that he's a stand up dude. I don't think his head is what is going to limit his career, it's his physical abilities (namely his shooting).

And that is a problem.

The other awards like DPOY and 6th man rarely depend on overall win output. It takes purely into consideration how great the individual was. LeBron winning MVP on a stacked Miami team weighs more than a player that balls the fuck out and drags his team to a playoff berth they have no business even having without him?

Miss me with all that.

I'm not gonna argue with you on the merits of that b/c I agree with you somewhat but I'm just pointing out the historical trend in terms of voting. Maybe Westbrook bucks the trend and wins it. But it's hardly a guarantee that he's going to win it...

I'm not gonna argue with you on the merits of that b/c I agree with you somewhat but I'm just pointing out the historical trend in terms of voting. Maybe Westbrook bucks the trend and wins it. But it's hardly a guarantee that he's going to win it...

He already bucked the trend by averaging a triple double and breaking the record with 42

Messi

I hope Harden gets MVP, in fact.. I've voted for him.

giphy.gif

He already bucked the trend by averaging a triple double and breaking the record with 42

Again, not a guarantee that he's going to win it. Voters historically place heavier emphasis on wins and points. I'm not saying he can't win it...just pointing out that it's not a unanimous win.

LionPride

Banned
Who's ready for the Fox, Zizic, and Yabusele takeover of the league on the Celtics while Swanigan comes off the bench to outrebound everybody despite being 6'6?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Who's ready for the Fox, Zizic, and Yabusele takeover of the league on the Celtics while Swanigan comes off the bench to outrebound everybody despite being 6'6?

Zizic and the dancing bear about to run this league. Jaylen brown will be the commander and hopefully fultz can become the general.

LionPride

Banned
You know who's gonna be really good? Any Kentucky player on a shitty team who gets playing time and showcases how good they are because Cal sometimes doesn't know what he has. *Cough* Tyler Ulis, Skal, Booker *cough*

He did make KAT post up though, if he didn't KAT would be shitty

I just hope James Harden is in the Hall of Fame. He's also the best player from Arizona!

Go fuck yourself U of A, the best NBA player in Arizona history is not from your school.

lakers really don't want to keep this pick do they? Why are they playing decent all of a sudden dammit!

Because you have a Timberwolves team with nothing really to play for vs. a lot of Laker players who aren't on guaranteed deals playing for their futures...And give two shits about our tank vs. their own individual futures.

LionPride

Banned
DeAngelo just turned 21...

These people being called busts when they are still 19, 20, 21 is fucking weird.

Oh Ingram's a bust, HE'S ONLY 19!

Oh Wiggins isn't that good, the motherfucker's only 22 and started to kill it in in the last month and a half

Jaylen Brown's 20

These people being called busts when they are still 19, 20, 21 is fucking weird.

Oh Wiggins isn't that good, the motherfucker's only 22 and started to kill it in in the last month and a half

Jaylen Brown's 20

Show your work on people saying Ingram and DeAngelo are gonna be busts cause I ain't seeing that anywhere on here.

Jaylen Brown's 20

Exactly my thoughts. I mean....these are kids for fuck's sakes. The NBA is the best league with the best players in the world, they need time to grow into it.

There is no possible way that Brown could be considered a bust. Ingram is a bust though.

You wish!

Jaylen Brown sucks and will be garbage at best.

LionPride

Banned
Jaylen Brown is actually pretty decent already,but a lot of players picked after him are better.

But Ingram is 6'10 and weighs my size. That motherfucker will put on weight and be fine in 2 years

LionPride

Banned
5'10/5'11 and 165, can grab rim and am faster than most I play pickup with so even though I can't do any dribble moves or shoot, I can get to the rim and make layups or pass to an open man

Top Bottom