• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

5'10/5'11 and 165, can grab rim and am faster than most I play pickup with so even though I can't do any dribble moves or shoot, I can get to the rim and make layups or pass to an open man

I just started playing, but I am focusing on becoming a Guard. Point or Shooting, shooting is probably my strength. A few guys have told me my shooting stroke is perfect, apparently.

Cavs lost..? lollll. I fell asleep during the first half and just caught the highlights.

Don't feel bad, I changed the channel once the score stagnated at 14 down (from 26pts) for the Hawks.
started watching OKC only to find out that 5 minutes later is was a tie game with under a minute left. Had to switch back immediately.

LionPride

Banned
I just started playing, but I am focusing on becoming a Guard. Point or Shooting, shooting is probably my strength. A few guys have told me my shooting stroke is perfect, apparently.

Even though I'm right handed, I shoot with my left. Messed up my shooting once I realized what the problem was. Now I can make shots at a decent clip but I don't like it as much. If anything I play Point and just pass and run Pick n Rolls/Pops with people.

On Defense I am a pest, the way I play has led to me almost getting into 10+ fights with people. Folks don't like it when you body them up an entire game

Wtf put on some weight lmao

I can't put on weight!

Seriously, I've tried but I just can't do it. I just have to wait until my metabolism goes down when I get older.

Even though I'm right handed, I shoot with my left. Messed up my shooting once I realized what the problem was. Now I can make shots at a decent clip but I don't like it as much. If anything I play Point and just pass and run Pick n Rolls/Pops with people.

On Defense I am a pest, the way I play has led to me almost getting into 10+ fights with people. Folks don't like it when you body them up an entire game

Ah yeah, defense is something I consider myself decent at, if only because I just consistently give it my all. I tend to avoid fights, LOL.

LionPride

Banned
Ah yeah, defense is something I consider myself decent at, if only because I just consistently give it my all. I tend to avoid fights, LOL.
I've played against so many people faster than me, they don't score easy. I don't let people score easily on me, it's a point of pride. Much like it's a point of pride for me to never have been crossed over until last summer lol

I've played against so many people faster than me, they don't score easy. I don't let people score easily on me, it's a point of pride. Much like it's a point of pride for me to never have been crossed over until last summer lol

Ironically, dribbling a ball is something I still need to work on. Especially since I have to lift my leg up to dribble between.

LionPride

Banned
Both my knees are shit from my year I played rugby plus putting on twenty pounds of muscle plus getting taller all at the same time.

I feel like a fresh person when exercising though

Both KAT and Wiggins have 40+ tonight.

giphy.gif

It's happening

Tubobutts

The Lakers can still move into second if they lose the last two games and Phoenix wins at least one right?

Oh tankathon didn't update Phoenix so they only have one game left. So if the Lakers lose the next two and Phoenix wins they're tied. What happens in that case?

LionPride

Banned
KAT is only 22, had a 40/20 game, surpassed Love's record for single season scoring for the Wolves, and will end up being a HoF Center. And he's arguably a top three Center right now.

And Lakers probably lost their pick. Life is good.

Been a great week for Westbrook, feel like he's made his case as much as possible for MVP. Personally Id still give it to Harden but I think a tinge of recency bias will tilt it in Westbrooks favor.

Sandfox

Mike Bresnahan‏Verified account @Mike_Bresnahan 4m4 minutes ago
More
D'Angelo Russell tells @LakersReporter his grandmother died today. He said that last-second 3-pointer bounced around and in for her.
How could anyone be mad at this?
You don't care about possibly losing 2 of your next 3 first round picks?

I would rather keep the pick, but I'm not going to root against my team for 9%. I'm also not too big on the top talent in this draft.

The Lakers can still move into second if they lose the last two games and Phoenix wins at least one right?

Oh tankathon didn't update Phoenix so they only have one game left. So if the Lakers lose the next two and Phoenix wins they're tied. What happens in that case?

Equal odds, coin flip for the one extra ping pong ball if there's an odd amount. Coin flip determines order if both teams are out of the lottery

How could anyone be mad at this?

I would rather keep the pick, but I'm not going to root against my team for 9%. I'm also not too big on the top talent in this draft.

Lakers lose the 2019 pick to orlando if they lose this year's pick. They lose the 2018 pick and two second rounders if they keep this pick.

Sandfox

Equal odds, coin flip for the one extra ping pong ball if there's an odd amount. Coin flip determines order if both teams are out of the lottery

Lakers lose the 2019 pick to orlando if they lose this year's pick. They lose the 2018 pick and two second rounders if they keep this pick.

And I think 2018 is going to be a special draft.

LionPride

Banned
Ay, so if Philly ends up with a Guard who can shoot such as Markelle or Malik, and Simmons is actually good and Joel plays over half the season, they may make it to the 6th seed right?

The Ummah

Banned
First time posting in this thread. I'd just like to say HAWWWWWWKS!

What a game they played tonight, especially after they were down. Bron was trouble for them until he fouled out. Ride or die, I'm rolling with the squad.

Edit: Kind of a weird ending there. Let's continue...

Die will probably be the playoffs, but I see a solid core here. Just need a couple more additions and I see them moving back up soon.

LionPride

Banned
But like, before Embiid went down for the season, any game he played they were actually fighting for the 8th.

Other what ifs

Booker and Westbrook, go

Top Bottom