• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

TTG

Jesus, if you're out there, will you please run Mark Jackson over in a car? It should be simple enough, he's often yelling at them in the street about you. Let us feel your divine power, sever his vocal chords somehow.

5nXxNoz.jpg

smh

The Bork Houston revenge tour continues
He blessed the Thunder

Celtics gonna lost tonight to make Cavs / Heat happen 🤔
Cavs vs Heat first round with Pat the Don having mind control over LeBron

Lol that story, I'm not saying I know the answers to life but you just had surgery on your ankles, rest them

Waiters wants to play but Spo is keeping him out. Bron or No Bron I'm going in all hands on deck to insure the win. Even Haslem is getting burn if necessary.

Anyone else think Frank Ntilikina might end up being a gigantic steal for this draft? If Dallas gets him, and he could develop under Carlisle, I could see him becoming one of the better players from this draft

Line_HTX

See? That's a perfect example of media pushing for the Thunder!

W O K E

The Bork Houston revenge tour continues
He blessed the Thunder

Celtics gonna lost tonight to make Cavs / Heat happen 🤔
Cavs vs Heat first round with Pat the Don having mind control over LeBron

Lol that story, I'm not saying I know the answers to life but you just had surgery on your ankles, rest them

Oh, you! Why can't you be entitled like a real spoiled Bostonian?

;P

How are Heat fans even a thing

second whackest franchise after Knicks

Whiteside and Spo deserve better

I used to think Heat fans didn't really exist, but this season plus learning about their 90s rivalry with the Knicks showed me that they actually do care about the team

Also, if Jerry West seriously wants to stop being the logo, it's ok, because this season gave us a perfect replacement

Magic are basically the team that gets decent NBA players so that other GMs can trade to improve their teams. With the overall GM IQ going up, on average, the NBA needed at least one team that was flat-out perennially hopeless.

I think the Magic have the worst future of any team in the league, from their current standing

LionPride

Banned
Magic are basically the team that gets decent NBA players so that other GMs can trade to improve their teams. With the overall GM IQ going up, on average, the NBA needed at least one team that was flat-out perennially hopeless.

I think the Magic have the worst future of any team in the league, from their current standing
The Orlando Magic are the worst run team in the league

I had a theory that the Cavs are conceding first to avoid the Bulls in 8th, and by giving up 1st they wouldn't have to face them till conference finals assuming either of them made it that far.
Coincidentally, if it happened to be the Heat instead, same situation.

Jarate

Banned
No team would give up home-field advantage to avoid playing a team that won 40 games

The Cavs have a bunch of old people on their team, and outside of their big three their depth is pretty garbage

Chase17

I don't know, in that leaked summer plans photo the magic did have Deng on the board. Going after a player/contract of that caliber is a move only a top tier organization would consider.

LionPride

Banned
I had a theory that the Cavs are conceding first to avoid the Bulls in 8th, and by giving up 1st they wouldn't have to face them till conference finals assuming either of them made it that far.
Coincidentally, if it happened to be the Heat instead, same situation.
Rondo v Boston. I needs it

Nets and Kings are in far worse situations.

Kings have a some young talent. Buddy, Skal, WCS, Papagiannis, etc. Nets have a GM that seems to have his head in place, they're playing well, and they also have some young talent, along with a coach that seems to slowly be implementing an actual system.

If all things stay the same, I could see the Nets rebounding in the future, the Kings maybe rebounding, and the Magic being stuck in the same place.

Magic are really fucking bad. What the fuck has been their plan the last few years? What a life to be that GM. Have no sense of direction and still make millions.

I have heard that their owner was super old and wanted to make the playoffs again, but they're still the epitome of a directionless team

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
I just realize the OKC connection on this year playoff.

Scott Brook - Washington Coach
James Harden - Houston Rockets
Russel Westbrook - OKC
Kevin Durant - GSW
Serge Ibaka - Toronto Raptors

Now would it be funny if this happen...

Scott Brook won coach Of the year (not happening)
James Harden won MVP
Russel Westbrook won Scoring Title
Kevin Durant won a Ring
Serge Ibaka won Defense Player of year (not happening)

I seriously hope Harden goes off tonight. He's on national TV, facing off against the Clippers, on the road, on a back to back. This game might determine MVP

TTG

Ah, I haven't heard a Heat broadcast in years. Hoping for a couple of good Kabooms.

Lebron is tired clap clap clapclapclap.

No team would give up home-field advantage to avoid playing a team that won 40 games

The Cavs have a bunch of old people on their team, and outside of their big three their depth is pretty garbage

So you figure that this isn't strategic and the Bulls sweep of the Cavs had nothing to do with Lebron not wanting to compete for 1st seed? So Barkley was right all along!?

Saw something from twitter.. 1990 Top MVP candidates.

C6wChiwU4AAbjBg.jpg

Lawd..

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_1990.html

Code:
                                        Voting                                    Per         Shooting      Advanced
Rank            Player Age  Tm First Pts Won Pts Max Share  G   MP  PTS  TRB  AST STL BLK  FG%  3P%  FT%   WS WS/48
1        Magic Johnson  30 LAL  27.0   636.0     920 0.691 79 37.2 22.3  6.6 11.5 1.7 0.4 .480 .384 .890 16.5  .270
2      Charles Barkley  26 PHI  38.0   614.0     920 0.667 79 39.1 25.2 11.5  3.9 1.9 0.6 .600 .217 .749 17.3  .269
3       Michael Jordan  26 CHI  21.0   564.0     920 0.613 82 39.0 33.6  6.9  6.3 2.8 0.7 .526 .376 .848 19.0  .285
4          Karl Malone  26 UTA   2.0   214.0     920 0.233 82 38.1 31.0 11.1  2.8 1.5 0.6 .562 .372 .762 15.9  .245
5        Patrick Ewing  27 NYK   1.0   162.0     920 0.176 82 38.6 28.6 10.9  2.2 1.0 4.0 .551 .250 .775 13.5  .205
6       David Robinson  24 SAS   2.0   102.0     920 0.111 82 36.6 24.3 12.0  2.0 1.7 3.9 .531 .000 .732 15.1  .241
7      Hakeem Olajuwon  27 HOU   1.0    64.0     920 0.070 82 38.1 24.3 14.0  2.9 2.1 4.6 .501 .167 .713 11.2  .173

Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 4/10/2017.

Something similar might happen this year, imo. Westbrook getting more 1st place votes, but enough 1st place Kawhi 2nd place Harden votes to give Harden the MVP.

FZZ

Banned
I hope Harden has a 70 point triple double

fuck the haters

I just wanna see the beard win an MVP he clearly deserves and has deserved

Go ahead and change teams Paul George, you deserve better than us

Are you kidding me man? After Lance comes back?

Lance Stephenson said:
I think [Paul George is] staying. I don’t think he has any doubts about coming back. So I’m not worried about that. I got to start working [on keeping him]. I got to get all my guys and tie him up in a chair and be like ‘you can’t leave!’ You ain’t going nowhere, Paul George.

C'mon man, your team is fun again!

FZZ

Banned
PG13 gonna demolish the C's if that ends up being the playoff matchup

Fuck the Celtics

76ers would be the best team to get Ball.

He doesn't deserve to grow4 inches, gain 35 pounds of muscle and then get injured for 4 seasons

76ers are putting something in their players water man

FZZ

Banned
lmao at this espn play by play

TIME TEAM PLAY SCORE
1:55 JR Smith out of bounds lost ball turnover 31 - 24
2:18 Tyler Johnson makes 25-foot three point jumper (Okaro White assists) 31 - 24
2:29 Larry Sanders bad pass (Wayne Ellington steals) 31 - 21
2:45 Tyler Johnson makes free throw 2 of 2 31 - 21
2:45 Heat offensive team rebound 31 - 20
2:45 Tyler Johnson misses free throw 1 of 2 31 - 20
2:45 Wayne Ellington enters the game for James Johnson 31 - 20
2:45 Willie Reed enters the game for Rodney McGruder 31 - 20
2:45 Okaro White enters the game for Hassan Whiteside 31 - 20
2:45 Full timeout

Top Bottom