• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Tom Penny

Did not realize how dire the Pelicans roster situation is, they are loaded with trash everywhere but AD.
I follow basketball and pretty much know all players from fantasy and draft Kings too. They signed a guy Solomon Hill to 4/48 in the off season and i didn't even know who the fuck he was. That's troubling.

Yeah it's terrible. I have to refresh everytime it goes to commercial on PC. If you have a Chromecast or something like that, the mobile app works well, still 30fps and low quality though.

Yeah I was doing that too. Decided to fire it up on Apple TV and it would load up, play for about 15 seconds, then for some reason rewind back like 30 minutes in game time and wouldn't let me catch back up or refresh without starting over completely. Did this about 3-4 times. Also the blackout is all jacked up. It must think my IP is in Texas because it says I can watch everything but Rockets games (?).

jwhit28

Looks like Hornets are gonna take it in an ugly ugly comeback. Nice to see the bench can still keep the team in the game without Lin.

h1nch

man the NBA's streaming service is janky as FUCK.

That's my biggest issue w/ cord-cutting as a sports fan. Even with the increasing # of live sports streaming options, the quality is orders of magnitude worse than equivalent offerings on cable/satellite.

It's not just NBA league pass streaming. I experience the same thing w/ NFL Sunday Ticket. Stream consistently drops res, or FPS. Even if the picture is ok, the audio is noticeably worse.

And even if all of the above is fine, streams are always like 60-90 seconds behind the broadcast feed. So if I'm watching a DFS scoreboard, I see scoring updates way before it happens on my stream.

Streaming sports has a loooong way to go.

That's my biggest issue w/ cord-cutting as a sports fan. Even with the increasing # of live sports streaming options, the quality is orders of magnitude worse than equivalent offerings on cable/satellite.

It's not just NBA league pass streaming. I experience the same thing w/ NFL Sunday Ticket. Stream consistently drops res, or FPS. Even if the picture is ok, the audio is noticeably worse.

And even if all of the above is fine, streams are always like 60-90 seconds behind the broadcast feed. So if I'm watching a DFS scoreboard, I see scoring updates way before it happens on my stream.

Streaming sports has a loooong way to go.

I've never subscribed but from what I've heard MLB is the one standout in terms of streaming.

phanphare

Banned
nice effort from the hornets to get that one. down 11 at the half, went down 19 in the 3rd, came back and took it.

need roy and frank back tho

jwhit28

This was my first year with MLB TV (I dropped cable right before baseball season) and it was pretty much flawless all year. It's also relatively cheap.

I can agree with this. Even using PS3 as the streaming device sometimes I would forget the game isn't on cable.

I wouldn't pay for League Pass again. Luckily I was able to get it for free because my brother has Verizon.

Literally right there in the gif. Look at the score graphic.

Felt the twinge in his knee again after halftime. Out for the rest of the game, re-evaluation tomorrow.

Damn hopefully it's nothing serious otherwise Lakers are going to have to have a long talk with their new team doc for clearing him to come back in.

Yeah I was doing that too. Decided to fire it up on Apple TV and it would load up, play for about 15 seconds, then for some reason rewind back like 30 minutes in game time and wouldn't let me catch back up or refresh without starting over completely. Did this about 3-4 times. Also the blackout is all jacked up. It must think my IP is in Texas because it says I can watch everything but Rockets games (?).
That's possible but where are you? It's possible a company that serves your area runs rocket games I guess

That's possible but where are you? It's possible a company that serves your area runs rocket games I guess

I'm in California. Lakers/Clippers are almost always blacked out for me, in fact on my phone the app tells me that Laker/Clippers games are out of my area, but on my laptop/Apple TV it says Rocket games. I think something is just fucked up on their end.

jptrey06

I'm in California. Lakers/Clippers are almost always blacked out for me, in fact on my phone the app tells me that Laker/Clippers games are out of my area, but on my laptop/Apple TV it says Rocket games. I think something is just fucked up on their end.

This is why I kept my android box

Top Bottom