• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Hill and JJ are such an upgrade for Utah's backcourt. They got a chance to make some noise.

I like Randle's start to the season. Playing him at the 5 isn't ideal and probably more of an experiment but he's holding his own and doing some good things of offense.

Just curious, why is NBA gaf so much less popular than other sports on GAF like hockey or NFL? The NBA is one of the most popular sports among young people, and is one of the biggest sports communities on reddit which i assume has similar demographics

What's bigger than the miss is he's not scared to take that shot.
It's gonna take time but he took the shot with confidence. All you can ask for.
True true.
Just curious, why is NBA gaf so much less popular than other sports on GAF like hockey or NFL? The NBA is one of the most popular sports among young people, and is one of the biggest sports communities on reddit which i assume has similar demographics
The Great NBA-GAF Purge had something to do with that.

It used to be wildly popular but there was a mass exodus a few years back. I used to post a lot but the regulars are gone so I only post when the feeling hits me.

Because half of the NBA GAF population moved to another forum. There was a "nuke" and half the members stay and the other half bounce. So it's going to take time to rebuild with new people coming in.

It's because of all the fucking anime posts. It's scaring off all the decent people who now associate NBA-gaf with that depravity.

mozfan12

Banned
First loss of the season. If we can get a 25-30 win season that would be awesome. But avoiding blowouts should be a priority. I'm excited for this laker team, it's good to see the young blood make decisions in crucial moments. It'll be a fun year.

Fjordson

Dubs defense is total trash right now. That's three career high scoring nights from opponents in two games. One of them being fucking Tim Frazier.

Ronin Ray

It's because of all the fucking anime posts. It's scaring off all the decent people who now associate NBA-gaf with that depravity.

All those anime post are keeping the warriors talk down so I think you mean thank you. Anime is making this thread great. I mean do you expect us to talk basketball here ???

Dubs defense is total trash right now. That's three career high scoring nights from opponents in two games. One of them being fucking Tim Frazier.

Yeah it's gonna take some time for them to figure it out.... I don't feel like dray is playing with the same fire as we are used to seeing. Also, people are going right at Zaza ...

The other thing is that I don't feel like the offense is as crisp as last year. Thus far, it's looked very disjointed at times.

Btw....any word of McCaw's injury? Dude was having a productive run before he went down.

jman2050

Golden State as they're playing right now would get eaten alive by Cleveland playing in Finals mode.

They'll figure it out I imagine but this team has issues.

Fjordson

Yeah it's gonna take some time for them to figure it out.... I don't feel like dray is playing with the same fire as we are used to seeing. Also, people are going right at Zaza ...

The other thing is that I don't feel like the offense is as crisp as last year. Thus far, it's looked very disjointed at times.

Btw....any word of McCaw's injury? Dude was having a productive run before he went down.
Apparently just an ankle sprain for McCaw. Not serious, but will probably miss time.

And yeah, Dray has been mediocre. Need him at his best for the defense to be competitive.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
??? Pretty sure it was basketball talk we banned.

rhR73Ee.gif

Top Bottom