• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Dthomp

Jesus Fuck........ I feel for Westbrook right now. Saddled with shit while KD can go off with the support of an all-star team.

Yup, it's rough though. The moves made in the offseason were with the assumption they would all be there to play with him and KD. Olapido does not have the skillset to be a #2 to WB

Dthomp

Jesus Billy Donovan, instead of whining to the refs (and yes WB is getting mugged out there), try to coach this team that's getting wrecked out there. Call a set...do something

Brinbe

The booing in OKC will be unprecedented.

That being said, I can't hate on KD. They could have been set with KD/Harden/YNB/Ibaka for a decade and they broke it up because Clay Bennett is a cheap motherfucker.

When this Warriors team gets going, they GET GOING. It's scary to think what they are going to look like in Dec/Jan/Feb when they really start gelling.

OKC just doesn't have enough shooting. They can't space the floor which is going to really limit Westbrook's attacking.

Servbot24

Banned
The booing in OKC will be unprecedented.

I can't wait :)

When this Warriors team gets going, they GET GOING. It's scary to think what they are going to look like in Dec/Jan/Feb when they really start gelling.

OKC just doesn't have enough shooting. They can't space the floor which is going to really limit Westbrook's attacking.

Man... scary to think that Klay and Steph have both sucked for the most part this year but they're bound to get going soon enough

OozingZen

Neo Member
I think this is ass kicking will help out OKC in the long run. They're still a young team (besides Westbrook and Collison) and need to develop chemistry before they can take on the better teams in the West. Not saying they couldn't beat Golden State right now, but they certainly got their shit together after being embarrassed opening night by the Spurs.

Fjordson

Solid half, but this is what GS should be doing. OKC is a middle of the pack team on their absolute best days (and are on the back end of a segababa).

Favourite thing right now is Draymond continues to be a demon on defense. Really picked it up the last two and a half games.

m57ZWDP.jpg

OKC's shooting chart in the 2nd q

0/9 at the rim wtf

random25

That's just the Warriors were last season too. The only difference is they have one more option than "just" Curry and Klay.

And this is where OKC misses KD. Westbrook's aggressive but erratic gameplay clicks because KD gives him space to operate. But without KD attracting the defense, it's just brute force offense of Westbrook all season long.

I think Presti just doesn't value shooters. He never tried to get a rock solid shooter after the one year Kevin Martin rental. He was fine letting KD's elite shooting space everything else out.

Every off season was like oh will Sefolosha, Fisher or Roberson become dependable long range shooters?!?

Yep. The roster is very poorly constructed as it stands currently. They badly need to get a wing that can shoot.

And this is where OKC misses KD. Westbrook's aggressive but erratic gameplay clicks because KD gives him space to operate. But without KD attracting the defense, it's just brute force offense of Westbrook all season long.

Not just KD, but Ibaka as well. He has a seriously good midrange game, especially off the pick and pop.

Klay will be fine.. he started like this last year too

I'm ok with the Warriors starting slow while Kerr tinkers with his various lineups.

OozingZen

Neo Member
When Warriors get Cousins for Klay everyone is gonna bitch and moan so hard about this team

I never realized how perfect that trade was until now. Vlade and Vivek just have a certain affinity for shooting guards that it's possible. Except I don't think Boogie would agree to re-sign with them.

You guys are crazy if you think Klay is going anywhere. The plan was to have 3 of the best shooters ever on the same team. Nothing has happened thus far to push them away from that plan, and since they'll likely cruise to first in the West, nothing likely will happen that will cause them to make that drastic of a change.

Fjordson

You guys are crazy if you think Klay is going anywhere. The plan was to have 3 of the best shooters ever on the same team. Nothing has happened thus far to push them away from that plan, and since they'll likely cruise to first in the West, nothing likely will happen that will cause them to make that drastic of a change.
Yeah don't see it either.

Klay was total shit early last year also before picking it up. He can be streaky.

Top Bottom