• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

VeeP

I've been watching basketball a long time and I don't think I have ever really disliked a team outside of my shitty, fucking cursed Knicks but man I think hate this GS team. They are all clearly evil.

Just... geez. I really don't know what to say. Joke post?

Just... geez. I really don't know what to say. Joke post?

Meh, everyone has personal teams.

For me, fuck the 2008 Florida Gators forever (Georgia fan). Fuck Urban Meyer, fuck Brandon Spikes, fuck Tim Tebow, and shove the time outs in your ass, Urban Meyer.

Also, fuck The 2008 Steelers.

For me, fuck the 2008 Florida Gators forever (Georgia fan). Fuck Urban Meyer, fuck Brandon Spikes, fuck Tim Tebow, and shove the time outs in your ass, Urban Meyer.

Whoa....

That's not nice.

I get it though. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCK Barcelona.

Seriously though, other than Draymond the Warriors are a very likable team.

I love the fact that the Warriors are so hated, totally reminiscent of Miami 6 years back. I hope they steamroll everyone in the playoffs and put a beating like no other team has ever done in the finals vs the Cavs. The salty ass reactions would be glorious beyond belief.

Kieli

I love the fact that the Warriors are so hated, totally reminiscent of Miami 6 years back. I hope they steamroll everyone in the playoffs and put a beating like no other team has ever done in the finals vs the Cavs. The salty ass reactions would be glorious beyond belief.

Wouldn't the salt levels be higher if Cavs back-to-back'd the 4-headed dragon?

The r/NBA game thread was salt city. Salt country. Planet Salt.

Also lol @ everyone who thought OKC was going to win that game and Westbrook would own Durant. Not today.

OKC's shooting is really worrisome at this point. Oladipo shooting is just hard to watch.

Watched Den@Min earlier and I must say that Denver is a fun team to watch. Like I said before the their front court rotation is good maybe too good as Malone is struggling fitting in minutes for Jokic.

Also I saw Giannis stats in r/NBA and he's been really really good. Lebron-lite at the moment. If Jabari steps up, and I wish he does since he's in my fantasy team, the Bucks might actually make the playoffs.

OKC's shooting is really worrisome at this point. Oladipo shooting is just hard to watch.

OKC had issues doing anything remotely called an offense even with Durant and Westbrook. Without their best player this team is completely irrelevant in the nba from a competitive point of view (playoffs-wise).

People will tune in to see Russell doing his 50 points on 40+ shots and, if they get to the playoffs, another team will be very happy in the 1st round.

they're not even going to make it to the finals because the spuds are going to handle their business.

Hah!

Nah. Lebron has a LEGION of unshakable haters. There are plenty of people who want nothing more than for him to never get another ring, that's for sure.
I never thought the day I'd see Lebron as a fan favorite until last finals, at least until he would be 34-35 and irrelevant skills wise. But the difference was huge. The Warriors are going to be the big huge bad for the next few seasons. Dray and KD will make sure in case people are hesitant. Plus seeing salty dudes like this

the_batman said:
they're not even going to make it to the finals because the spuds are going to handle their business.
is too satisfying to not want to see.

raw

I want to see the madness and salt that ensues thereafter. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cracks me up when the media try to sell the Warriors as a Super Villain Team....get the fuck outta here with that shit....Klay, Steph, and Durant are the most likeable players in the NBA. I can see why people non-Dub fan hate Dray cuz he does the dirty work and runs his gums too much sometimes and but thr media love that stuff...

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
For some reason, the absurdity of this team didn't really strike me until the end of the 3rd quarter with the Warriors up by almost 30. Steph subbed out for his normal rest and the person coming in for him was...Durant. I feel like Kerr did that on purpose for the sheer comedic value of that visual.

Ronin Ray

Hah!

Nah. Lebron has a LEGION of unshakable haters. There are plenty of people who want nothing more than for him to never get another ring, that's for sure.

The dude is still so hated with casual fans it's nuts. Most of these people probably cant tell you who is on the warriors. I mean just look at the fact he is some how getting tied to the Indians losing being up 3-1. People act like Lebron punched there moms.

Tall4Life

Cracks me up when the media try to sell the Warriors as a Super Villain Team....get the fuck outta here with that shit....Klay, Steph, and Durant are the most likeable players in the NBA. I can see why people non-Dub fan hate Dray cuz he does the dirty work and runs his gums too much sometimes and but thr media love that stuff...
I cant imagine in what universe besides the Warriors universe is Durant one of the most likable players in the NBA.

Tom Penny

For some reason, the absurdity of this team didn't really strike me until the end of the 3rd quarter with the Warriors up by almost 30. Steph subbed out for his normal rest and the person coming in for him was...Durant. I feel like Kerr did that on purpose for the sheer comedic value of that visual.
Staggering starters is pretty normal except theirs are top 10 players...so it is absurd.

Uhhh FUCK Georgia you know what you did the year before. The entire team rushing the field after scoring the first touchdown. Hahah I love the annual game though, still recovering from last week.

Also lol @ everyone who thought OKC was going to win that game and Westbrook would own Durant. Not today.

If last night proved anything, it's that OKC desperately needs another shooting option. They Live and Die by Westbrook and last night that dude got neutralized.

i honestly don't think i can boo any team now

i used to be able to boo the clippers during the warriors/clippers rivalry, but after that i started feeling bad :(

Durant was likeable once upon a time. His personality has either changed over time or he hid it really well. I noticed he was an asshole seasons ago.

I'm glad Warriors have someone other than Dray that doesn't take crap and backs it up.

Warriors were a pretty damn soft team other than Dray and at times Bogut.

It is incredibly silly that they are portrayed as villains. Seems like a ton of genuine dudes on that team.

Look at the lakers... that team looks like it's filled with scummy ass human beings but they are irrelevant so nobody cares .

Thunder are trash but good smelling trash
Sure they got Westbrook and Adams but everyone else is meh
They should have lost to Embiid the god on opening night

Westbrook can't be Rondo and be a triple double machine every night ;p

Ronin Ray

This is NBA GAF!!! Ok the thread about anime and sometimes basketball. You take this other thread and you get out off here

Durant was likeable once upon a time. His personality has either changed over time or he hid it really well. I noticed he was an asshole seasons ago.

KD has always been a more calculated and reserved guy. I think it's more of a byproduct of him being cold to the media in OKC. Suddenly, he's painted as this ornery dude.

Ronin Ray

Thunder are trash but good smelling trash
Sure they got Westbrook and Adams but everyone else is meh
They should have lost to Embiid the god on opening night

Westbrook can't be Rondo and be a triple double machine every night ;p

So there like trash with out food in it ? Like the trash in an office it only has like paper and tissue in it and stuff. I realize I have thought about this a little to much

His personality hasn't changed, he was just in a small market where the local media would cover for him and/or not bother him too much. He's always been sort of surly.

So I'm kinda confused on something in ROTO fantasy.

I am middle of the pack on FG%, Tops on FT% and PTS

I thought about accepting Kyrie for Dray. But I'll be taking a further hit in FG%, FT%, PTS. All I really need from Dray is his boards (I'm dead last), and to maybe to spread some risk since Kyrie is injury prone (my team is all risk v reward). Should I make the trade or be like nah?

Bread

Banned
damn JayBrown James dropped 19 last night? +15? Against LeBron himself? Wish I was able to watch the whole game, I guess I missed when he went off. Cool that the Celtics found their future GOAT.

Fjordson

I'll be interested to see if the Warriors can avoid their annual blowout in LA tonight. Hopefully they aren't too hungover after last night's win.

Top Bottom