• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Durant was likeable once upon a time. His personality has either changed over time or he hid it really well. I noticed he was an asshole seasons ago.

This type of thinking blows my damn mind. Say what you want about his move, but Durant is who he is; the dude has always been genuine and kept it real. I guess some people really do need their athletes to act a certain way - humble, gracious, not too ornery, not too arrogant.

No wonder the NFL gets away with the personality police.

Surfinn

Can someone link me to evidence that Durant is an asshole? Always liked this dude, seems really cool in interviews and he's not a showboater on the court which I greatly respect. Let your play do the talking.

Fjordson

Can someone link me to evidence that Durant is an asshole? Always liked this dude, seems really cool in interviews and he's not a showboater on the court which I greatly respect. Let your play do the talking.
He was a meaniehead and talked trash to the Thunder last night.

Surfinn

He was a meaniehead and talked trash to the Thunder last night.

Just the one dude on the bench? I saw the game but don't remember trash talking besides a short back and forth with some dude who wasn't even in the game (who knows what they were even saying).

jwhit28

The only people he has ever really had an attitude with are the media. Specifically when the tried to suggest Brooks should be fired and when they were dog piling on Kobe last year instead of giving him Jeter style send off.

Fjordson

Just the one dude on the bench? I saw the game but don't remember trash talking besides a short back and forth with some dude who wasn't even in the game (who knows what they were even saying).
Also yapped a bit at Westbrook and Grant on the court, but I was kidding. He didn't even initiate any of that tbh.

The idea of KD being a bad guy is just instance #197291 of fans creating a persona for a celebrity based on what jersey they wear or the few hours they see them on TV each week.

Mory Dunz

Wouldn't go that far to call him that, but there was a narrative about he was an angel before. He's in all likelihood just average.

I remember like...5 or so years ago when there was literally a story on ESPN about how Durant actually curses or something during games. And his mom doesn't like it.
Then that "nicest guy in the league" commercial too.

PatjuhR

I'm not from America, but what's more disrespect? Sitting through the national anthem or having this guy at the bulls perform the anthem?

kIdMuScLe

Man a co worker keeps bugging me for me to give up Embiid for DRose... this is Roto league. Should I pull the trigger? I feel like I'll lose major points if I do it

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Just turned on the Maverick/Blazer game... WTF with the empty seats... was it like this all game... did people just not come back from the pisser at the half?

Dirk having to start at center at 38 years old
beli.png

Cuban taking the reigns as woat sports owner. At least Jerruh is just a dirty old man. Tom Hicks was just fucking broke.

OldMan

Banned
My only beef with Durant is the dude won't hit the weights...

Brinbe

Was at the Raps game tonight. DeKobe is playing at All-NBA levels right now. He's gonna be top 5 in scoring with ease if he keeps this up. And Amber Ross has actually been a decent NBA player so far this seaosn.

Fjordson

Those Lakers jerseys are absolute fire. Also just saw Drizzy courtside near the Lakers bench. Was just courtside in Oakland last night lol.

Top Bottom