• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Brinbe

Randle has been playing great so far all season.

Yeah, I know. Just feeds into my point though. They have no inside presence at all. And regardless of Curry/Durant, that's gonna be a problem for them. Maybe they really should give JaVale more burn

jman2050

I told you guys last year...

It did kind of mystify me that the Warriors just had the greatest 3P shooting season of all time and people just assumed that kind of thing would be the new normal.

And I don't mean forum posters, I mean all the people that are actually paid to write about basketball thought this too.

Miracle

Randle with 20/12, Russell 17 points in 19 minutes. Didn't even need him in the 4th.

Destroyed the Warriors. Now let's get the tacos!

Blablurn

CweS-7wWgAEgZ7C.jpg:large

CweS-5AWgAAvKUm.jpg:large

CweS-6nWEAAnArp.jpg:large

Gotta save those for the finals

dream

It did kind of mystify me that the Warriors just had the greatest 3P shooting season of all time and people just assumed that kind of thing would be the new normal.

And I don't mean forum posters, I mean all the people that are actually paid to write about basketball thought this too.

I can't really blame them. "The Warriors are changing the game" is a much more seductive story than "the Warriors have gotten very lucky in a statistically improbable way."

Brinbe

Good win. Lakers are a legit team. Not surprising when Kobe isn't out there hogging up all the shots and fucking up the offense for the young guys. Russell/Clarkson/Ingram/Randle are gonna be a formidable foursome when they really mature.

Miracle

I love how involved he gets his teammates going when he handles the ball.

He's the total package. While most of his shots aren't going in yet, he's making a big impact with his amazing defense, his control on offense and being able to be PG from time to time, is sensational.

Love the kid. Once his shots go in eventually like Russell's did...he's gonna be a freak of nature.

Mortemis

Banned
Maaaaaan. This game so too damn fun!

This year is gonna be great, even if they don't win a lot. Nah fuck it, I've been saying this too much already. This year is already fun.

At this rate warriors ain't gonna have home court advantage for playoffs. This showing was just pathetic. No communication and getting out hustled everywhere.

I feel like last year's finals really exposed how teams can guard Warriors and their limitations. Klay is playing like shit on both sides of the floor.

badb0y

At this rate warriors ain't gonna have home court advantage for playoffs. This showing was just pathetic. No communication and getting out hustled everywhere.
They probably won't get into a rhythm for a while. Too many personnel changes to expect the same chemistry as last year this early in the season.

Miracle

Dubs look tired after playing OKC. Lakers looking really good too.

Excuses for most stacked team in history. After beating OKC and resting after halftime? Lake Show just came back from a 4 game road trip after WINNING a back-to-back game from Indiana to Atlanta. Warriors traveled from home to a 47 minute flight to LA. :p

But I won't rag on the Warriors too much anymore. This was just an awesome win from a young awesome team with a great bench, and great coach.

badb0y

I feel like last year's finals really exposed how teams can guard Warriors and their limitations. Klay is playing like shit on both sides of the floor.
Klay is missing Matt Barnes open 3s. They are getting the looks they just aren't falling. It's okay though, I don't expect them to be that cold throughout the season.

jman2050

They probably won't get into a rhythm for a while. Too many personnel changes to expect the same chemistry as last year this early in the season.

Why are we assuming this is a chemistry issue?

"Chemistry" doesn't do jack when your roster has obvious exploitable holes.

I hope so. In the meantime in the two losses the defense is just not there. There is no presence in the paint, getting out rebounded, letting others penetrate, and the turnovers god

Klay is missing Matt Barnes open 3s. They are getting the looks they just aren't falling. It's okay though, I don't expect them to be that cold throughout the season.

True. I also dont like that Klay seems to have trouble finding others ways to score. He still needs to put pressure on the defense

Miracle

Using a Football example, the Packers last season started 6-0 against the 6-0 Broncos. After the Packers lost that game, the rest of the season involved teams using a similar defensive game plan against them and ever since, the Packers offense hasn't looked the same. Still a good team, but now they are predictable.

GSW might be suffering from the same issue. They are becoming predictable. But they are so talented and with Durant on board, I think they will figure it out.

Using a Football example, the Packers last season started 6-0 against the 6-0 Broncos. After the Packers lost that game, the rest of the season involved teams using a similar defensive game plan against them and ever since, the Packers offense hasn't looked the same. Still a good team, but now they are predictable.

GSW might be suffering from the same issue. They are becoming predictable. But they are so talented and with Durant on board, I think they will figure it out.

Thanks you said it better. Warriors are being predicyable. man the other Adams switched out on Curry and he flat out guarded him with his arms up and face in Currys face, reminded me so much how Thompson and Love guarded last year.

I worry about defense. Without it they ain't winning this year

badb0y

Why are we assuming this is a chemistry issue?

"Chemistry" doesn't do jack when your roster has obvious exploitable holes.

We aren't assuming anything. This is just a new squad learning to play together. Look at when Miami Heat was having issues with the big 3 in the beginning and then they just started to gel together overtime. These things, they take time.

Curry and Klay legit missing open looks isn't chemistry issues lol

This teams defense works off offense. It's always been like that. KD has been the only consistent guy on the floor so far this season

Fjordson

I can't really blame them. "The Warriors are changing the game" is a much more seductive story than "the Warriors have gotten very lucky in a statistically improbable way."
You're a Clippers fan (I think?) so decent chance you're trolling, but I'll bite: da fuck you talking about?

Top Bottom