• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Fjordson

The one downside to Durant joining the Dubs is that it probably cuts down on the number of crazy Steph performances like tonight.

Kinda crazy that maybe the two best scorers of the post-Jordan era are in the same starting lineup, though.

Edit: should have known you'd have people downplaying the record in that standalone thread. Smh.

The Warriors as a team though...Dubs really did need Steph setting the record to beat the Pelicans lmao

My accomplishment playing (lol) in practice is making 20 threes in about 20 minutes.

I also love making the three a few times in people's faces right after checking it in. Always fools them.

Stephen Curry made 13 3-pointers to break the all-time NBA record in a 116-106 win over the Pelicans on Monday, finishing with 46 points on 16-of-26 shooting.
raw

You guys are gonna suck for the foreseeable future, that's just how these things go. The real pity is how those championship teams have been eradicated. There's just no one left.

It's kind of the price of trading away draft picks in the name of building a Championship team so quick. You live by the sword, you die by it.

Went to the Clips game last night. (boo, I know)

We ended up getting there a bit early and saw David Garibaldi doing a speed painting of the Clips big 3. It was pretty dope.

http://imgur.com/XIXlnO6
http://imgur.com/8in0o5u
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpOkFCjyhUQ&feature=youtu.be

I got free tix so my wife and I were there just chilling. We ended up leaving at halftime due to the Pistons not even getting off the plane, seemingly.

CP3 is truly a special player, though. His knack for creating space and even more so for creating contact is just top tier. Dude is a baller, but we all knew that already.

If you go to around the 6 minute mark or so in the second quarter, the cameras point to this girl / lady in a black Clippers bedazzled sweater. You'll see me stand up behind her and kind of fist pump in a gray LA shirt. Wondering if I can find a copy of the game somewhere lol.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ESPN - Sources: Phil Jackson unhappy with Knicks' limited use of triangle offense

Phil Jackson hasn't been pleased with the New York Knicks' performance on offense -- particularly with the number of times the team has run the triangle offense -- during their 2-4 start, league sources told ESPN.

New Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek has tried to speed up the offense this season and hasn't run much of the triangle in the first six games.
After watching the Knicks' win against the Chicago Bulls on Friday, one Eastern Conference scout said the Knicks ran something out of a triangle set only a handful of times.

Hornacek has said that he's implementing "principles of the triangle" offense into the Knicks' half-court offense. But he also wants his club to try to generate offense early in the shot clock in transition, where pick-and-roll would be employed.

Players say that they've run the triangle offense primarily after dead balls so far this season, which is much less frequently than it was run during Jackson's first two full seasons as team president.

The Knicks rank 13th in offensive efficiency thus far. A bigger issue for the club is on defense; it entered play Monday ranked last in the NBA in points allowed per 100 possessions, which is likely bothering Jackson just as much as the offense.

Wade cites "sh*t happen[ing]" as reason for leaving the Heat.

“I thought it was an opportunity I would be there forever, but s--t happens,” Wade said in an exclusive interview with CSNChicago.com after the Bulls’ 112-80 win over the Orlando Magic on Monday night “And when s--t happens, you gotta be prepared to (move on). I found out very quickly that this is a business.”

Wade is a Chicago Bull in large part due to the business end of basketball, as he left Miami in free agency over the summer when negotiations with the franchise he never wanted to leave went sour.

He insists there’s no hurt feelings with the Miami Heat franchise he became synonymous with, though he hasn’t spoken to Heat president Pat Riley since his departure — the only member of the franchise he hasn’t spoken with since free agency started, as one could say Riley is the sole reason Wade is wearing Bulls red as opposed to Heat red.

“I've kept in touch from everybody there besides Pat. From the owners on down,” Wade said. “It's nothing but respect, and I have no hard feelings. I understand what Pat is, he's a competitor. I've been knowing him for 13 years so I expect no different.

“People might not believe me, but I have no hard feelings toward Pat. Everything happened the way it was supposed to happen, everything happens for a reason, so I'm fine.”

And unprompted, Wade addresses what he believes is the biggest misconception of the entire ordeal.

“So I never ...” Wade started, his eyes darting from his clothes to make strong eye contact. “There's this notion out there that I expected stuff on the back end. No, I've always wanted as a player what I was worth.”

Very interesting read.

I wouldn't go for it. Warriors are at their best when they play small and switch everything defensively. Chandler wouldn't even be playing when it comes to crunch time.

Small ball isn't going to help them rebound any better. Draymond cannot guard centers all game, only in short spurts. I would consider it.

Sucks for iggy tho.

I wouldn't go for it. Warriors are at their best when they play small and switch everything defensively. Chandler wouldn't even be playing when it comes to crunch time.

That's what made me think about it. Iggy is obviously an important piece but he's getting older and is an expiring contract, so he's unlikely to be back next year. Even though their "lineup of death" is smaller, they still counted on their bigs to give them a consistent 20-30 minutes a game to get them to crunch time, and I'm not sure if Zaza and David West can get that done.

jwhit28

I had nosebleed seats to the Hornets game last night, but that new scoreboard is so nice that it's still worth it if you can grab seats for $5-$10. When MKG went to the locker room the guys sitting near us huddled up and said a prayer. Fun night though.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
Small ball isn't going to help them rebound any better. Draymond cannot guard centers all game, only in short spurts. I would consider it.
But their most effective lineup is going small. It does require every one to work extra hard for rebounds though, but that's why they don't play that lineup the whole game. They can only use it in spurts, but many times those spurts can put the game away. I think losing Iggy and the intangibles he brings would not be worth the rebounding/shotblocking of Chandler.

he looks awful on offense :(

but he's still kinda there defensively. his +/- is super odd; it sure doesn't translate on the court that way

He really does. As somebody who is used to the super athletic version of him, this is the first season he's been with the Warriors that I've thought, "wow, he's losing it." But outside of his offense and one-on-one defense, he does all the little things that help the team win.

Fjordson

That's what made me think about it. Iggy is obviously an important piece but he's getting older and is an expiring contract, so he's unlikely to be back next year. Even though their "lineup of death" is smaller, they still counted on their bigs to give them a consistent 20-30 minutes a game to get them to crunch time, and I'm not sure if Zaza and David West can get that done.
That is the predicament. The small lineup is by far their best, but you need dependable big other than Draymond that can soak up minutes. Can't play small for 48 minutes (imo).

I don't know, dealing Iggy would be tough. He's still doing a lot of good things and is really important to the death lineup. But the flipside is what if the Dubs aren't in position to unleash that lineup effectively because they're getting beat up for the first 30 minutes of games in the playoffs?

he looks awful on offense :(

but he's still kinda there defensively. his +/- is super odd; it sure doesn't translate on the court that way
He's doing plenty still. Honestly, Draymond's shooting woes are highlighting Iggy's. One offensive dud in a lineup with Durant, Curry and Klay doesn't matter, but two is a bit of a problem. If Draymond can at least become respectable again from 3 like the last two years then Iggy scoring will just be a nice bonus.

Jag

Riley is a prideful old school dude

The problem is the NBA culture has changed whether he like it or not. He's probably too stubborn to change his ways that's why I think he might retire after this horrid season
pls let it be true

All true and he gets the blame for losing Wade, but he also engineered some fantastic runs and made the team a Championship franchise. Not sure I want to hang him up because he screwed up so badly this time. The alternative could always be worse.

That said, Thursday is going to be really tough. I do think he'll retire here, just don't know if it will be during his final season.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
He's doing plenty still. Honestly, Draymond's shooting woes are highlighting Iggy's. One offensive dud in a lineup with Durant, Curry and Klay doesn't matter, but two is a bit of a problem. If Draymond can at least become respectable again from 3 like the last two years then Iggy scoring will just be a nice bonus.

I think for both Draymond and Andre it's that they shouldn't be expected to carry the offense, but they HAVE to shoot a better percentage when they get those wide open looks. If I had to guess without looking it up, I'd say they're both shooting around 25% from 3pt. I think if they can get that closer to 30-35% then I'd be less concerned. Right now, I don't trust either of them to make the shot when they take them.

Also, I know it's early but Zaza just looks slooooooow when trying to cover the PnR. He just looks like he's in worse conditioning shape than Bogut ever was. Maybe he's not used to playing at the Warriors pace.

Fjordson

I think for both Draymond and Andre it's that they shouldn't be expected to carry the offense, but they HAVE to shoot a better percentage when they get those wide open looks. If I had to guess without looking it up, I'd say they're both shooting around 25% from 3pt. I think if they can get that closer to 30-35% then I'd be less concerned. Right now, I don't trust either of them to make the shot when they take them.

Also, I know it's early but Zaza just looks slooooooow when trying to cover the PnR. He just looks like he's in worse conditioning shape than Bogut ever was. Maybe he's not used to playing at the Warriors pace.
Yeah, Draymond is like straight up scared to shoot. Shooting 22% from 3 so far this year, 11% lower than his career average and 16% lower than what he shot last year.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
It amazes me just how awful the Cavs continue to look while Lebron is sitting.

Bazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

refs totally tried to give the game to the cavs

Both teams had BS calls, just like most games.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Huge confidence booster for the Hawks if they steal this game. Kent earning his 70mil too

Did you hear them say early in the telecast that Baze came by the announcer table during a time out to tell them it's a new year with a new team and expect new results?

Big win!

Top Bottom