• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Ingram is already better than Durant when he was a rookie.

Gonna be great when he plays alongside Anthony Davis.
What the fuck am I reading?

It looks like Zaza's role is going to get only smaller when you have players like Kevon Looney and JAVALEEEE MCGEEE basically covering the only two weaknesses the Warriors have as of now. I can't believe the GOAT Shaqtin' MVP might be the player that decides the Warrior's win over the Cavs if there is another rematch later this year.

Misterhbk

After tonight Golden State's offense is up to second in the league. Playing much better on that end lately.

Defense is still 18th, though.

I believe their 10th or 11th in opponents FG% now. showing some life on that end too. Offense is definitely first though.

Miracle

Cw9lY82UQAE4ZXt.jpg

Uncle MVP.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
YES!!!!!!!!!

I kid. But Fuck the Lakers almost comes up everytime you go on their Subreddit.

Kings and Lakers rivalry has been pretty bad in the past, though. Those early 2000 teams.....I don't think there was a rivalry was as heated as that one since a Lebron team. Remember the Doug Christie/Rick Fox fight?

Kings are currently #3 on The List, so of course those fans are salty:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1306847

wvBt4rb.gif

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This Washington Wizards team might be the worst NBA team this decade. Sure the 76ers always suck, but we knew that going in based on talent level.

Meanwhile the Wiz spent a truck load of cash on guys like Wall and Beal who probably are the most overrated duo in the league currently.

Miracle

This Washington Wizards team might be the worst NBA team this decade. Sure the 76ers always suck, but we knew that going in based on talent level.

Meanwhile the Wiz spent a truck load of cash on guys like Wall and Beal who probably are the most overrated duo in the league currently.

Just two years ago, they were a near 50 win team that lost a hard fought 2nd round Matchup against the Hawks, looking to make that big splash and be contenders for the East for the next handful of years

What the hell happened?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just two years ago, they were a near 50 win team that lost a hard fought 2nd round Matchup against the Hawks, looking to make that big splash and be contenders for the East for the next handful of years

What the hell happened?

I was talking with a buddy a week ago or so but it's amazing how few years back Wiz and Raps were near identical and ended up having that first round series when both teams were trash.

Both have gone in completely opposite directions. Who knows what could have happened if the Wiz lost that series and not the Raps.

phanphare

Banned
the writing has been...ahem...on the wall for john wall for a while now

he's always been overrated. top 15 PG maybe but not somebody I'd ever want leading the charge for my team.

Miracle

Incoming Hot Take

Maybe John Wall just isn't that good? ESPN has him 17th in their 2016 player rankings. Maybe he's just overrated, and Beal isn't much better?

What's funny is Wall is 17th and yet Lowery is 18th. Yet when you look at the records...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank17

Only thing bad about him is his weaker shooting year. Other than that, his play has been fine. Beal however, has failed in taking that next step forward and is actually regressing compared to a couple of years ago.

Well...no better time to tank than now I suppose. Trade Beal and find that real 2nd man for Wall.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Only thing bad about him is his weaker shooting year. Other than that, his play has been fine. Beal however, has failed in taking that next step forward and is actually regressing compared to a couple of years ago.

Well...no better time to tank than now I suppose. Trade Beal and find that real 2nd man for Wall.

Ehhhhhh

Ideally Beal is overrated, but so is Wall. Arguably you'd want to get rid of Beal and find a real #1 with Wall as your #2. I doubt the numbers would work out for them to do something like that though.

Miracle

Wall is a freak athlete, great ball handler, and great shot creater. Fucking shitty shooter.

Still scores 20+ a game though despite being a bad shooter. Last season he a 35% 3PT shooter tho which is far from bad.

Ehhhhhh

Ideally Beal is overrated, but so is Wall. Arguably you'd want to get rid of Beal and find a real #1 with Wall as your #2. I doubt the numbers would work out for them to do something like that though.

#2, #1, makes no difference to me. I guess I meant that they need to explore more options while keeping Wall there.

Obviously that will be difficult because Wall is one of their only valued players that they can get a proper return on. Beal at this point is negative value due to his contract.

Fjordson

Uncle MVP.
Ros Gold-Onwude
full

It's gonna suck when the Dubs lose her to national TV.

I believe their 10th or 11th in opponents FG% now. showing some life on that end too. Offense is definitely first though.
Shit, you're right. The table I was looking at still had them second for some reason, but now they're first with an 111.8 offensive efficiency. Not bad at all, almost as high as last year.

Incoming Hot Take

Maybe John Wall just isn't that good? ESPN has him 17th in their 2016 player rankings. Maybe he's just overrated, and Beal isn't much better?

What's funny is Wall is 17th and yet Lowery is 18th. Yet when you look at the records...

Wow I took a quick glance at those rankings. No way Wall is a top 5 PG. yeah definitely a bit overrated. I like Wall. But yeah the man has developed a jumper yet.

TTG

Incoming Hot Take

Charles Barkley: mumble mumble second best back court in the nba mumble

I literally do not have an opinion on the Wizards and I watch a lot of NBA basketball. All I've got is snap shots of Wall in the kiddie all star game, I think.

Anyway, who else is tuning in to Clips/Thunder?

Wall just can't score, at the end of the day he's a stupidly athletic #3 who they thought would grow with another stupidly athletic guy who could score in Beal and hoped one or ideally both would develop.

Neither did and now their stuck. NBA limbo.

phanphare

Banned
good game rapsgaf

gotta say tho even with the L I love the fight from the hornets in the second half. down their best perimeter defender the whole game aka who would have been on derozan, down 14 at the half, and they just turn up the defensive intensity in the second half and honestly should have come away with the win. I think they were up 10 at one point in the second half. either way.

also last season was kemba walker solidifying himself as a top 10 PG. this season seems like him solidifying himself as a top 5 PG. dude's great. his range shooting has improved so much from 2 seasons prior, his ball handling is other worldly, he's got crazy quickness and the ability to stop on a dime, and has the ability to get to any spot on the floor. and of course he's clutch as fuck, a carryover from his college days. I love watching him play and mature.

He has been proving it every game. I'm still disappointed at how they only defend in the 2nd half. They aren't that good to have an on/off switch like that.

getting roy back in game shape/off a minutes restriction and mkg back should help with that. and lamb too as far as depth goes. he's long and athletic and looked really good before he went down.

Sandfox

Wow Sixers lol. There were up 2 with 22 seconds left and turned the ball over followed by a bad foul for the Pacers to tie the game up and take it into overtime.

Top Bottom