• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just a heads-up, we'll likely move the thread over to Community sometime in the next few days as we near the 3 week mark.

The Clippers are on a 6 game winning streak, have the best record and best point differential in the league and you guys are talking about the Lakers.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Has been cleared by the NBA GAF Elite Members?

Nobody plays NBA Elite or NBA Live.

TGC76TO.jpg

N34VVZ0.gif

The most suprising thing about the Lakers playing so well is that Young is shooting 48%. Obviously he wil end up in the low 40's or high 30's because that's where he is for his career, but I'm still shocked that a team that has Young in the starting lineup is winning games.

But this is 2016, so I guess anything can happen.

NHale

The most suprising thing about the Lakers playing so well is that Young is shooting 48%. Obviously he wil end up in the low 40's or high 30's because that's where he is for his career, but I'm still shocked that a team that has Young in the starting lineup is winning games.

But this is 2016, so I guess anything can happen.

If this continues until December, the Lakers have to shop him again. He's even defending well which is even more remarkable. Maybe they can get a pick from a playoff contender.

Miracle

If this continues until December, the Lakers have to shop him again. He's even defending well which is even more remarkable. Maybe they can get a pick from a playoff contender.

Umm...no. That makes literally zero sense when he's been a big contributor to this team thus far.

The team has enough young players to groom. They aren't looking for those kind of deals.

I feel like I'm dreaming but the Lakers are really doing that good...

Like it's amazing yet i feel like this is a honeymoon. I believe they can keep up this level of play but as the season continues...I'm just a but afraid that they will be exposed. I hope that's not the case

Miracle

I feel like I'm dreaming but the Lakers are really doing that good...

Like it's amazing yet i feel like this is a honeymoon. I believe they can keep up this level of play but as the season continues...I'm just a but afraid that they will be exposed. I hope that's not the case

Not really. Lakers have a ridiculously hard first two months of the season while having a much easier last 1/3 of the season. And we still 6-4.

If the Lakers can survive these first two months with a .500 record or above, than they are in great shape to really climb the standings.

Miracle

Deng stinking just means Ingram has more playing time.

And soon, a starting job. I think Deng at this point is better at the bench role anyway. Even when they signed him, I thought he should have been a super sixth man (although now at this point, a rotational player behind the bench).

A win win for the team I think. Deng potentially finding himself better with the best bench in the league while Ingram gets more touches and shots in the starting unit while also providing more spacing for DLO to work with.

phanphare

Banned
A couple of thoughts about the league. One really looking forward to this game today between Cleveland and the hornets. Should be a good guage to see what the hornets are capable of. As far as LAKERGAF congrats! I mean your team is playing better than anyone could have thought up to this point. I hope it continues they are fun to watch. KNICKSGAF damn I feel bad for you guys. Yes its a long season and I can only hope it gets better for you guys. Just damn you would have thought the Lakers would be looking like a playoff team more than the Knicks.

I agree about the hornets but even still roy isn't back in game shape, is on a minutes restriction, and mkg is questionable. not to mention lamb is still out.

it's gonna take a bit for the hornets to get healthy and get to/get comfortable with their playing groups so a loss today doesn't mean they're not capable of being a top 4 team in the east

/getting the excuses for the L out there now ;p

They're fun to watch but we still need a no.1 scoring option to do serious damage against the West elite.
I mean I don't think we're taking the Warriors or Spurs to the wire in a 7 game series anytime soon. But considering we haven't even made the playoffs yet since the rebuild, and we are good enough to win a series this year, that's pretty exciting.

And Hayward has been looking pretty legit as a #1, not a superstar. But between Hood ,Hill and Hayward I feel okay about the offense.

Not really. Lakers have a ridiculously hard first two months of the season while having a much easier last 1/3 of the season. And we still 6-4.

If the Lakers can survive these first two months with a .500 record or above, than they are in great shape to really climb the standings.

I'm putting the cards close to my chest and I really hope I'm not left disappointed. Everyone is just excelling at an amazing speed. Everyone who I thought would be a bust is actually doing so good except for Deng. I knew he was a bad choice and that prediction holds true.

I'm keeping faith my team is on a up swing.

Miracle

I'm putting the cards close to my chest and I really hope I'm not left disappointed. Everyone is just excelling at an amazing speed. Everyone who I thought would be a bust is actually doing so good except for Deng. I knew he was a bad choice and that prediction holds true.

I'm keeping faith my team is on a up swing.

There's also one other thing to mention and it's that everyone is playing modest minutes. No one is averaging more than 27 minutes on the team yet. Players are gonna be more fresh than most other teams that have their starters playing 34+ minutes a game as the season goes on. As well as the young core getting more consistent as the season goes on.

I have faith that Deng will find his game back. It's a new team and new system. He could also be a guy that will find his way back as the season goes on. Still early in the season.

phanphare

Banned
good game cavsgaf

sloppy ass game though. felt like both teams were napping, which is probably what their bodies were expecting them to be doing.

The Lakers are winning because of their bench. If the bench stops playing an all time GOAT level, then they will start dropping down the table. Right now, the benches combination is currently leading the lead as the top 5 starters combination. The bench is playing at a higher rate than every team's starting 5 or winning 5 combination. Even when that happens and they start falling, this is incredibly encouraging. They had a pathetic 17 win record last year, you have to imagine 30-35W is a real possibility now.

I can't tell if Bron is leCoasting or not. Doesn't look like he's trying as much as he did in the play offs, while at the same time averaging 37mpg. Looks like he really does want the MVP this year.

Top Bottom