• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Justin Anderson is starting to look like a bust as a draft pick
snoop.png

Dude has no offensive game what so ever :/

TTG

LOL Celtics.

"Toronto is not a team we're worried about". Worry about making the playoffs first Crowder, lmao. Would be comical to see those two teams in a playoff series, Raptors would annihilate them.

Becoming the media's darling must have went to his head.

No Drummond and no Reggie Jackson. Really didn't expect them to take the W.

Man, I'm full of schadenfreude tonight, I don't even dislike OKC or Russy, but this is funny. First Ibaka and the Magic, now this.

LOL Celtics.

"Toronto is not a team we're worried about". Worry about making the playoffs first Crowder, lmao. Would be comical to see those two teams in a playoff series, Raptors would annihilate them.

Still early into the season, but so far the Hawks are looking better after having Horford bail on them. :p

scoobs

I love how we're at the point of the super-team-cycle where we come up with trade scenarios to get rid of the worst performing all-star when we're only 10 games into the season. Sports media and fanbases are so predictable.

Remember when Bosh had to be traded and they won 2 championships? Remember when Kevin Love had to be traded for 2 seasons straight and they won a championship last year? Good times.

Warriors will be fine. They'll be in the finals, dunno if they can beat the Cavs, but they'll be there again. The teams with the most talent win.

Klay is the easiest to let go if they had to let one of their big 4 leave
Crowder X Bradley have cheap af contracts until 2018 I think too

Poor Klay though , going to the shitty Celtics 😈

But they don't have to. Also Klay Thompson only makes a couple million more than Jae and Avery combined over the next couple of years, so I'm not sure how much salary relief it is, and on top of that, they aren't even getting back a rim protector. I'd rather have Klay than Crowder and Bradley any day of the week. Klay is on a good contract, he makes less than Bradley Beal over the next 3 seasons.

Klay legitimately played more effectively in the playoffs than Durant and Curry.
Against the Rockets and Blazers, teams that have no business in the WCF or final. He was hot garbage in the final and had 2 games he really performed vs OKC, including that game 6. Context is a wonderful thing.

Gully State said:
What annoys me is that it's the most basic of basic fixes yet this has been an issue of his even before he broke though. I still remember posting here about how turnover prone he was as a point guard the year they upset the Nuggets.

Steph please...lazy one handed passes and behind the back passes to nobody...Make it old...

I dunno how trading Klay for two other wings makes any sense. The early season issue is interior defense, not perimeter D. I feel kinda bad for Zaza. He isn't exactly ever completely out of position defensively. He seems to always be at the right spot to defend the interior. It's just that everyone knows he can't block a shot for the life of him nor hold his position in the post so he's just picked on mercilessly.
This is such an overblown hot take. Those passes are generally a lot more successful than not. And generally when they do work, they're to a completely open man. He just needs to cut down the TOs to 2.5. He's done this poorly twice in 10 games this season, hardly a reason to get angry.

Against the Rockets and Blazers, teams that have no business in the WCF or final. He was hot garbage in the final and had 2 games he really performed vs OKC, including that game 6. Context is a wonderful thing.

To add on to the point about the Rockets and Blazers, both teams are led by guards that Klay gives useful defense for.
But I doubt any actual decision would happen before next season at the earliest. People discussing trades are discussing them far too early.

At worst maybe they trade some of their bench guards for rim protection close to the deadline, after a good chunk of the season has elapsed

As for Steph's passes, the sorts of passes being talked about are the ones that really stand out when they go wrong. In general, the more you pass, the more turnovers you're going to get (I'm far too used to defending Harden XD)

qcf x2

Lebron and co (is that an acceptable term?) making a mountain out of less than a molehill. I've never considered there to be any racial connotation with the term "posse." What's next, squad? Boys? Crew?!

RedAssedApe

Banned
yeah...lebron overreacting.

unless i've been living under a rock for the past 30 years...

whenever i hear posse i think of cool dudes in cowboy hats though haha

Ronin Ray

I love how we're at the point of the super-team-cycle where we come up with trade scenarios to get rid of the worst performing all-star when we're only 10 games into the season. Sports media and fanbases are so predictable.

Remember when Bosh had to be traded and they won 2 championships? Remember when Kevin Love had to be traded for 2 seasons straight and they won a championship last year? Good times.

Warriors will be fine. They'll be in the finals, dunno if they can beat the Cavs, but they'll be there again. The teams with the most talent win.

Don't come in here making sense. Anime or hot takes take your pick that's what we got going on in here.

Jarate

Banned
Jeryd Bayless is pretty close to coming back, along with Nerlens Noel. The first is great because I'll hopefully never have to see TJ McConnel in the NBA again, and the other is interesting because while Okafor has become better at defense (he's still not good) his offensive efficiency has taken a huge hit and I doubt that Sergio Rodriguez is the PG he needs to succeed.

Im thinking it's pretty likely the guy to get traded will be Okafor tbh since he just does not fit on this roster at all

Are there still people with the false hope that Westbrook and Harden can actually win MVP? Or have people finally let go of the completely unrealistic dream?

Westbrook definitely won't. I said this before a few weeks ago, but your team's final record is also one the determining factors in voting for the League MVP and the other End-of-Season titles. Westbrook can continue to play out of his mind, but if OKC just barely creeps into the Playoffs, he's going to be overlooked. Harden I also think doesn't have a chance.

Right now though, I'm honestly thinking Demar Derozan is the real Darkhorse in this.

pislit

Omigod, I thought Lebron is just coasting this season looking at his points average. Wth is that reb and ast average. and that minutes average jesus christ it aint 2010 anymore lol.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I hate to tell others what they should or could be offended by. So if LeBron and crew are offended I'll listen.

That being said I've never thought of posse in racial terms.

Omigod, I thought Lebron is just coasting this season looking at his points average. Wth is that reb and ast average. and that minutes average jesus christ it aint 2010 anymore lol.

The East hasn't been competitive since like 2013, so Lebron realized he can literally just sleepwalk through the season before Hulking Out for Playoffs and it won't make a difference.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Time to go full homer!

East hasn't been competitive at all. I fully agree.

New year and new look Hawks gonna change that shit though. We ready for the Cavs this time.

OldMan

Banned
I don't care if the refs call fouls, just call your stupid fouls on both sides of the ball, that's what they're doing tonight

Best regards,

OM

Top Bottom