• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Eos

Lmao Jason Terry a fucking bum. Klay owning him repeatedly.
Facts
Called Klay and Kawhi b-side players while he'll only be remembered for this
lebron-jason-terry-dunk-gif.gif

Christian

These late night games on NBA TV have been great. Maybe not the cleanest games, but close and entertaining as all hell. Sitting in my living room, snow's pouring down outside, reading some Defenders, got the game on and my cat snuggling next to me while the pregnant wife and dog are in bed sleeping. What a great night.

pKIGRTI.jpg

Compared to last year, I mean holy fuck.

Luke da GAWD. It's amazing how much difference a coach can make, especially with a young team. Imagine if Byron was still coaching this team. Deng would be playing 38 minutes a game. Randle would be stuck in the post on every possession instead of looking like Lamar Odom Jr. Ingram would be glued to the bench.

Don't forget about the Kobe show last year too!

Byron was a far bigger problem than Kobe. Luke not giving AF and letting guys play multiple positions, experimenting with their versatility and lineups, is like night and day to Byron's oldass busted and dated philosophies and is why these guys are looking so promising.

Also, Durant looks like he has short arms standing next to Giannis..that dude has a crazy ass wingspan..

Giannis looks like a physically stronger version of KD but what I've seen from him is that elite shooting Durant has even though he seems to have all the physical tools KD has, he's also probably a better passer

I looked up the wingspan for Giannis, at 7'3" its actually just a bit short of Durant's which is 7'5"

Jarate

Banned
Just a reminder that Nik Stauskas is developing into a good NBA player, and may even turn into a legit starter or a legit rotation player.

Just a reminder that the Sixers traded cap space to the Kings to get Carl Landry, who was actually pretty decent last year, Nik Stauskas, who is having a really good year and looks to be gaining confidence, draft pick swap rights with the Kings for two years (last year is this year, Sixers are only 1 game behind Sacramento) and an unprotected 1st round pick in 2019 which happens to be the year after Boogie is set to become a free agent.

Just a reminder that people gave a lot of shit too Sam Hinkie, but he was by far the best trader in the league next to Ainge.

APOLOGIZE

Fistwell

The sixers are a garbage team at the bottom of the eastern rankings, in spite of tanking for years and having had all the number 1 picks in the universe. There are jokes to be made, but the team is so garbage it would be cruel.

Bryan Colangelo also admitted to trying to tank with the Raptors when he was their GM.
76ers process is continuous tanking.

This dude traded for Rudy Gay.

El Topo

Supporting a team with an enormously successful history is so much harder. Oh, wait, the Bucks, nevermind.

Edit:
Joke aside, who cares about bandwagon fans?

phanphare

Banned
lol, I just thought it was funny. bandwagon fans are a symptom of success so they don't really bother me.

::judges hornets fans on whether or not they've got their og starter jacket from the 90's::

Jarate

Banned
I don't think people realize just how absolutely garbage our team was post Bynum trade

PG: Jrue Holiday
SG: Josh Richardson
SF: Evan Turner
PF: Lavoy Allen
C: Spencer Hawes

That lineup is so dreadful, the only person who is a possible starter on any other team is Jrue Holiday.

We were going to be awful for years. Hinkie made sure we were awful correctly and basically had some of the best trades in the NBA during his tenure.

Simmons + Embiid is going to be a ridiculous tandem. We probably won't be a "good team" until 2 years from now, but even then, that's fine. Eventually we'll get an NBA level PG, and an NBA starter at SG. And even then, our team has had one of the hardest schedules in the NBA so far, so we might be able to rack up some more wins (I kind of want them to lose so we can get Fultz).

Also, building through young players takes time. The Wolves basically had 2 #1 overall picks in the most highly touted drafts and still aren't very good.

I don't think people realize just how absolutely garbage our team was post Bynum trade

That lineup is so dreadful, the only person who is a possible starter on any other team is Jrue Holiday.

We were going to be awful for years. Hinkie made sure we were awful correctly and basically had some of the best trades in the NBA during his tenure.

Simmons + Embiid is going to be a ridiculous tandem. We probably won't be a "good team" until 2 years from now, but even then, that's fine. Eventually we'll get an NBA level PG, and an NBA starter at SG. And even then, our team has had one of the hardest schedules in the NBA so far, so we might be able to rack up some more wins (I kind of want them to lose so we can get Fultz).

Also, building through young players takes time. The Wolves basically had 2 #1 overall picks in the most highly touted drafts and still aren't very good.

This is the truth! We were going nowhere fast and Hinkie didn't make one bad deal. I don't get why people gave us flack for "tanking" when all we did was get rid of Evan Turner and Spencer hawes. Jrue was great but I had no problem trading him for Noel.

Fistwell

I mean, yeah, realistically, unless they fuck things up any more than can be expected, the sixers should have a very competitive team at some point. It's just, you'd think after hoarding so many high picks, they'd be better than piss-poor gutter trash this year already. I mean, how many top picks does one need to assemble something that's not trash tier?

Edit: not (overly) trying to be feisty or antagonizing. Just genuinely flabbergasted at how utter shit the sixers still are. I mean, goddamn.

Top Bottom