• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

It's not just me, right?

Asides from (and I'm really trying to come up with this list) the Wizards/Mavs/Knicks/Heat, it feels like EVERY team in the NBA is interesting to follow. It feels like every team has a player that is breaking records, doing something crazy. When I try to rank teams it's less a case of who regressed and progressed as much as who has improved more. This feels like one of the best seasons the NBA has had in a long time, and for me, the best since I started really following it (2012 WCF)

Finally found the half-court lob from Harden to Capela from last night

https://streamable.com/wiss

Jarate

Banned
I mean, yeah, realistically, unless they fuck things up any more than can be expected, the sixers should have a very competitive team at some point. It's just, you'd think after hoarding so many high picks, they'd be better than piss-poor gutter trash this year already. I mean, how many top picks does one need to assemble something that's not trash tier?

Edit: not (overly) trying to be feisty or antagonizing. Just genuinely flabbergasted at how utter shit the sixers still are. I mean, goddamn.

So they've drafted in Hinkies tenure

Nerlens Noel
Michael Carter Williams - traded for a Lakers pick which should be a lottery pick this year
Joel Embiid - Rookie
Dario Saric - Rookie
Jahlil Okafor - 2nd year

And let's be real, he would've drafted Simmons too, who is a rookie

He also received the Lakers Pick and the aforementioned Kings pick

This team doesn't really have an NBA level starter at 3 positions, and they've had really bad luck with injuries. This year, Noel, Bayless (our starting PG) Simmons are all injured, and Embiid and Okafor are on minutes restrictions.

Also, young teams require time. The Wolves have been "rebuilding" for basically the same amount of time and aren't very good yet despite getting much more luck and being able to trade Love for Wiggins. Players generally peak at 25, so all these 19 year olds will need around 5-6 years to "peak" athletically.

This year, we would be a lot better without those injuries, this team was set up for Simmons to succeed and we don't really have a ball handler as well. We should be somewhat respectable next year with 2 more lottery picks, and some good glue guys.

Hawks coming back to earth these last couple games.

a62a93f93010826d4e3a662fe93e68677cc9c4eefa491f0bd4910b6801792f08.jpg

I admit, this is kind of a sketch move by the Bucks. What if they are die hard Warriors fans?

Don't the Bucks have to deal with Bulls fans using their arena and games with Bulls to get cheap tickets?

Idk, I feel like smaller market teams, especially if they have an up and coming team that can be rooted for, get to do that. It's all in good fun too, the people on the camera were also laughing.

Getting bothered by what an already small Milwaukee fanbase does is a little sketch.
Of course a Lakers fan would be the one to say this, you guys are the worst about this shit :p

Don't the Bucks have to deal with Bulls fans using their arena and games with Bulls to get cheap tickets?

Idk, I feel like smaller market teams, especially if they have an up and coming team that can be rooted for, get to do that. It's all in good fun too, the people on the camera were also laughing.

Getting bothered by what an already small Milwaukee fanbase does is a little sketch.
Of course a Lakers fan would be the one to say this, you guys are the worst about this shit :p

You'd think lakers fans would be actually all over the Bucks doing that, so not really.

I admit, this is kind of a sketch move by the Bucks. What if they are die hard Warriors fans?

I actually thought the Bandwagon Fan Cam is quite hilarious.
Makes the Bucks seem a little bitter, and maybe it had something to do with Bellavedova being on the Bucks now, but I still think it pretty funny, even if a little mean spirited.

I actually thought the Bandwagon Fan Cam is quite hilarious.
Makes the Bucks seem a little bitter, and maybe it had something to do with Bellavedova being on the Bucks now, but I still think it pretty funny, even if a little mean spirited.

I want more teams to do it, it's funny

Although it would probably get old and actually a little mean if done too many times, yeah, it's better as an occasional thing

pislit

This feels like one of the best seasons the NBA has had in a long time, and for me, the best since I started really following it (2012 WCF)

Finally found the half-court lob from Harden to Capela from last night

https://streamable.com/wiss

You missed by a hair. The 2011 season was the best I ever witnessed for all the Lebron sadomasochistic en masse love-hating, Boston's live action descend into old age, Derrick Rose MVP, Brandon Roy down to his last cartilage, San Antonio first round collapse, Lakers' three-pe...oh wait. HAHAHAHAHAHA. so good.

You missed by a hair. The 2011 season was the best I ever witnessed for all the Lebron sadomasochistic en masse love-hating, Boston's live action descend into old age, Derrick Rose MVP, Brandon Roy down to his last cartilage, San Antonio first round collapse, Lakers' three-pe...oh wait. HAHAHAHAHAHA. so good.

I already said I missed 2011, so I wouldn't know, but was 2011 all around good for fans of most of the league? Because that's a major part of why this year feels really great for me

ISOM

The Heat big 3 losing that finals to the Mavericks was the most ether of it all.

negitoro7

Holy shit this Association. Ross used what time he saw was left, how the fuck do they get screwed like that? What a fucking joke.

Not even a do-over due to the timekeeper's mistake? Wut?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Holy shit this Association. Ross used what time he saw was left, how the fuck do they get screwed like that? What a fucking joke.

This is worse than the time in Atlanta when the Raptors tipped it in at the buzzer on an inbounds but the Atlanta clock guy started it before it was touched so they ran out of time which was impossible because he literally just tapped it.

This is fucking bullshit.

phanphare

Banned
clearly ross should have known that the clock was wrong and done some quick subtraction on the spot to get the shot off in time

I mean, they're professional basketball players. that's not too much to ask, is it?

RS4-

clearly ross should have known that the clock was wrong and done some quick subtraction on the spot to get the shot off in time

I mean, they're professional basketball players. that's not too much to ask, is it?

The only numbers NBA players look at: their salary.

That's a flat out bad call. The players can only react to what is on the clock. You can't call it game over. If anything you run it again but the players can't be faulted here. They would toss it up sooner if the clock had less time. I don't grasp how they can use that justification.

They should just replay the sequence if the clock caused that much error. But the game keepers gotta get that shit right. You can't penalize the team.

trebbble

I've been watching the NBA for a long time, and I've never seen that before. Have you folks? Why wouldn't the inbounds be replayed?

Top Bottom