• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

Hell yea that's the Jazz team I know. WTF @ Hayward not playing in the second half

Had some of that famous Utah sushi.

Clippers need to get Redick going and use a lot more Speights at the 5 when Gobert is in the game.

Anyone who hates Stevens won't care that he started beating an 8 seed after a key player got hurt.

Do I live in a world where Isaiah's sister dying didn't have any effect on the team earlier on? So the bulls didn't have an advantage with a mentally absent star player but Bulls lose thief point guard and it's the only reason Celtics are winning?

jazz in 7

Realistically, do the clippers finally blow it up?

Blake is outta there, imo. A part of me wants to see a roster built around CP3 and DJ, I don't think Blake is too good anymore. But Bill Simmons also brought up CP3 to Milwaukee, and there's the ever-present CP3 to San Antonio, and CP3 to NOLA (although I doubt it given the Boogie CP3 relationship). All of these things sound like they would be so much fun to watch

Idk Cp3 whines so much to not care about that ring tbh. I can see him leaving and signing 1 or 2 year contract for a contender team. Then going after the money once he gets that ring.

Dragun619

Aren't got no money for Chris Paul unless he wants a paycut. Dude can sign a stupid huge deal with the Clippers so they only way he'll jump to another team is if he really wants that ring.

Yea, Spurs don't have enough room for another max contract unless he's take a mad pay cut, which I hella doubt.

But even if he was willing to do that for championship contender, Spurs would probably find difficult to convince him to join us considering we don't have an athletic big man to run the floor & catch all these lobs, assuming Dedmon gets a big contract elsewhere.

I don't understand why NBA players are saying that some people aren't tough. I'm not trying to be too stereotypical but, let's be honest, most of these kids that come into the NBA are there because they wanted to get out of those situations lol.

random25

I can't believe Raptors Bucks is 2-2. Milwaukee has seemed the far superior team.

Bucks is still a young team, and the Raptors have the experience especially from last year's breakout season. For the Bucks, at least their core of young guys is the most promising should they keep to play together for long.

Blake is outta there, imo. A part of me wants to see a roster built around CP3 and DJ, I don't think Blake is too good anymore. But Bill Simmons also brought up CP3 to Milwaukee, and there's the ever-present CP3 to San Antonio, and CP3 to NOLA (although I doubt it given the Boogie CP3 relationship). All of these things sound like they would be so much fun to watch

I don't think Blake will willingly leave LA, seems to love it there where he can do all of his acting/comedy stuff outside of Bball.

Rose, on attending Spurs-Grizzlies last night and now Bulls-Celtics: "I just wanted to be around a playoff atmosphere."

Ok that's pretty sad :(

That gif posted earlier made me go watch 2010-2011 Rose highlights tonight. What a shame what happened to him. He was incredible. To think what he'll be remembered for is being the only MVP winner to not make the hall of fame.

Where are the Al Horford doubters? 12 rebounds baby.

Daily reminder that former superstar Fred Hoiberg discarded Rondo for a big chunk of the regular season.

Fuck the celtics and fuck this trashy bulls.

Nete

I can't believe I'm actually thinking on buying a Joe Johnson jersey. That's probably the last thing I expected could happen when we signed him this last summer.

Holy ISOs Batman.

ViciousDS

Banned
Do I live in a world where Isaiah's sister dying didn't have any effect on the team earlier on? So the bulls didn't have an advantage with a mentally absent star player but Bulls lose thief point guard and it's the only reason Celtics are winning?

Apparently you haven't seen hoiberg chuck 3 different point guards out onto the court to see they all absolutely suck.

Think about this rondo in game two, has more assists then all 3 point guards. Grant, Canaan and MCW combined for the entire playoffs. The dude is a floor general that made a deal with the devil and hoiberg to be a leader. This team was just beginning to click and the injury happened. Thomas was distraught the first two games. But looking at that scoreboard tonight. If rondo was out there, this series is at least 3-1.

Also old man wade is showing up......which sucks because he's taking that player option next year and going to make this team even worse than it should be.
I can't see anyone paying him that $20mil he wants, not when he's degrading as bad as Kobe Bryant did

TTG

I can't believe I'm actually thinking on buying a Joe Johnson jersey. That's probably the last thing I expected could happen when we signed him this last summer.

Holy ISOs Batman.

Ski Mask Joe gets a lot of shit, or at least he did. I haven't followed his career to know if it goes past taking big contracts for teams who weren't really going anywhere.

I hadn't seen him pass it as well as he did last night though. He's always been a guy who will get to where he wants to go on the court(that height and strength help) and he's had plenty of touch, but this was great. They took a time out after he scored I think 11 straight and he came out with no heat check or other hero ball bull shit. Here's the double, make the right pass, make it on point and on time. Just wrecked them.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hawks got dis. Morris Twins legit shook over Millsap. Hawks squad up at home and even up the series 2-2 inspite of John Wall getting his.

Ripenen

That gif posted earlier made me go watch 2010-2011 Rose highlights tonight. What a shame what happened to him. He was incredible. To think what he'll be remembered for is being the only MVP winner to not make the hall of fame.

Does Russ make the hall of fame? Honest question, not trying to throw shade. Seems like he will based on stats even if he never gets past the first round of the playoffs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom