• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Because it relies on getting foul calls. If you dont get those calls its a turnover. Stars like Harden, Westbrook, Lebron, Curry, Durant, CP3 ect get those calls. Your average player won't get them.

Exactly. Though I don't think Curry gets the calls the other guys do on that list... But Harden and Westbrook are the worst... They iniate the contact almost always. Yet they get so many calls.

Because it relies on getting foul calls. If you dont get those calls its a turnover. Stars like Harden, Westbrook, Lebron, Curry, Durant, CP3 ect get those calls. Your average player won't get them.

Curry don't get those calls... hell, he doesn't even attempt them 99% of the time. Draymond on the other hand started doing it this year. I'm sure he learned it from Durant.

Did...Did Butler call Smart a fake tough guy? Did he really say Smart wasn't bout that life?

Yikes

He's probably right. He didn't flinch when Nene headlocked him, so if anyone knows about fake tough guys, it's him.

Smart flops too much to be considered tough anyway. I refuse to call floppers tough.

jdstorm

Banned
Do you have stats to back up the bolded?

Kevin Durant drew 4.5 fouls a game this season for golden state. The 4th most frequent guy got around 2 fouls a game.

Thats just off the top of my head. But I'm sure if you wanted to you could draw up a table that compared the mean fouls drawn by players that make all NBA teams compared to league average.

LionPride

Banned
He's probably right. He didn't flinch when Nene headlocked him, so if anyone knows about fake tough guys, it's him.

Smart flops too much to be considered tough anyway. I refuse to call floppers tough.

Smart's been shot at, a lot. Jimmy and Smart are tough people, ain't gonna call either one a fake tough guy.

Hitta93

Banned
This is one of those times where I have to bring up one of the truest tests, your eyes. Your superstars and Stars can get away with doing that shit, but not your role player off the bench
It could be true, don't really know. Do you consider Lou Williams a star?
Good god, Joe Johnson is shooting 12/16? Dude is like 35 years old, was he just hot or were the Clippers just terrible?

He had a pretty good season in Miami last season. Just surprised he chose Utah to sign with.

Gobert 25 total minutes in the series. Hayward misses crucial game 4. Series tied 2-2.

This was the night that I felt we got the Clippers best shot and we held out.

I'm feeling confident, we weathered the storm and broke even.

I fucking love Rudy "I'm gonna try and play more than 17 seconds"

LionPride

Banned
Deciding to shoot because a defender is in a particular position and wrapping your arm around someone's body are the same thing.. Hmm

And Kawhi isn't that good

You wanna talk about something that a person won't live down...lol.

Pissed I missed the game because I was at a prom, but goddamn, my Grizzlies did me proud and so did Kawhi.

Pretty much the same thing.

not when the person being hooked wasn't even defending you or going for the ball....
it's just a cheap loophole foul that needs to be addressed.
(I wish I could find the vid of Harden doing today in the OKC game)
and even if they were defending you, when you use your free other hand to hook the persons arm, and then bring that other hand to the ball to make a fake shot attempt, the refs should see right through that. It's basically offensive holding, and contact initiated by the offense, and therefore should be reclassified as an Offensive Foul.

a rip through is a little different as usually both hands are already on the ball, and the defender is usually straight up with you, and hands reached out. that's more of a 1 on 1 challenge of quickness.

If Harden was doing rip through's, I don't think anyone would have an issue.

I feel like LAC will run this team into the ground unless a BOS/NJ like trade sends the entire future of a franchise back to the Clippers.

If they are competitive they will keep butts in their sets and be the main LA attraction while the Lakers rebuild. If they blow the team up who knows how long it will take them to be relevant again so milk this squad as long as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom