• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitta93

Banned
Kyrie is the far more offensively gifted player. But if Kyrie isn't scoring he isnt doing much of anything.

Before Lebron showed up Kyrie couldnt lead a team to a none embarassing record. Conley as is right now and not through their whole careers, is the better point guard.

Kyrie may be the biggest star with the least responsibility I have seen in some time. Kevin Love takes the blame for everything even though his responsibilies are greater. Kyrie is a point guard who isnt even expected to be the primary ball handler. Kyrie scores and all is forgiven.

Conley very rarely makes mistakes. Basketball IQ is great. Is actually a very good defender. Carries a scoring load for his team. He doesnt turn the ball over. We arent talking about Conley compared to Steph here where its obvious Steph is better in almost every area.

Conley>Kyrie

Kyrie is the most overated star imo.
Has Kyrie played with anyone as good as Marc Gasol, Rudy Gay, or Zach Randolph prior to LeBron arriving? Dion Waiters is playing for his basketball career right now, otherwise he's been trash.

That's Kyrie's role and I would honestly probably want LeBron playing PG over Kyrie. You can even make the argument Kyrie was just as deserving of the Finals MVP as LeBron was last season.

Kyrie has shown he can run the show as well...if you ask me, Conley is on par with someone like George Hill.

I love the Raptors squad this year, but Giannis has been a favorite of mine since 2015 (though they arguably had a better younger core than the Wolves at the start of the year, point-Giannis is amazing).

I hope Giannis makes it to ECF or finals next year. Honestly, I could see this Bucks squad being the one that might finally stop Lebron

Honestly, the Bucks are already gonna be in ECF contention next year

Tommy DJ

Why on earth do the Raptors always try and run down the clock in the playoffs? I've seen them do that several times and it doesn't really seem to work too well.

nubcake

Neo Member
Dwayne Casey is the only coach in the NBA who could possibly allow this to happen. I should say it's mind blowing but I'm not even surprised anymore. No lead is ever safe.

nubcake

Neo Member
Why on earth do the Raptors always try and run down the clock in the playoffs? I've seen them do that several times and it doesn't really seem to work too well.

Because Casey is a terrible coach. Teams that are poorly coached forget about the fundamentals and the gameplay when the pressure is on(or when you think the game is won) and the Raptors are the best possible example.

I see the Raptors winning this. They did so many near-chokes and ugly ass wins last year, it would be the most Raptors thing to do. Winning by 1 pt on some ridiculous shot

Does no one else remember Lowry and DeRozan shooting badly every game but getting points, keeping them in it? No one else remember that fucking throwaway deep 3 by Lowry to send the games to OT.
This is the most Raptors thing to do. Pretend to choke, and then win in an ugly way

nubcake

Neo Member
I see the Raptors winning this. They did so many near-chokes and ugly ass wins last year, it would be the most Raptors thing to do. Winning by 1 pt on some ridiculous shot

Yeah we had one like this a few years ago against the Nets. I remember DVRing it, we were up by like 30 and I accidentally saw the score on Facebook that we won by like 2. It was a weird feeling watching them completely collapse but knowing they'd barely pull it out lol

Does no one else remember Lowry and DeRozan shooting badly every game but getting points, keeping them in it? No one else remember that fucking throwaway deep 3 by Lowry to send the games to OT.
This is the most Raptors thing to do. Pretend to choke, and then win in an ugly way

The Raptors didn't win that game with the throwaway 3 from Lowry

Some teams just play better with their backs to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom